User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    No, it cannot, it is still an indication that favours ESFP over ESFJ. I said it was probabilistic at individual level. Some Js has as diverse taste as pure_mercury, especially NJs, but quite few SJs. It's only an indication though, it's not a sure thing.
    I understand what you mean, but, please remember, I am a very, very weird guy.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ

The main thing anyway is that the test scores indicates ESFP is more likely than ESFJ, so I simply think you should consider ESFP as your most likely type.

You scored higher on Te than Ti, which fits with the ESFP cognitive profile. You also scored higher on thinking than intuition, which again fits with the ESFP cognitive profile.

MBTI
    ESFJ

The main thing anyway is that the test scores indicates ESFP is more likely than ESFJ, so I simply think you should consider ESFP as your most likely type.

You scored higher on Te than Ti, which fits with the ESFP cognitive profile. You also scored higher on thinking than intuition, which again fits with the ESFP cognitive profile.
    I should probably just put my type as "Super-Duper Extrovert" from now on. It's not that big of a deal, is it?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

...no he ain't.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    ...no he ain't.
    Part of me wants everyone to just claim me for their own type. What is the egotist function?

MBTI
    INTJ

By the way, if you are ESFJ, your http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-turn-ons.html thread is very unusual. If you are ESFP it is nothing strange about that thread though.

MBTI
    ESFJ

By the way, if you are ESFJ, your http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-turn-ons.html thread is very unusual. If you are ESFP it is nothing strange about that thread though.
    Why would that be?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Why would that be?
    Okay, at first I thought the thread was intended to have strong sexual undertones, and the comment was based on that. That didn't prove to be right, but still the thread took a direction like that, and you went with it like a true ESFP. I think most ESFJs would have problems with it, they would not be comfortable with it, they would not dare, some would not consider it proper, although I think most young ESFJs wouldn't be of that opinion. But again, it's just far easier to imagine an SP making your posts than an SJ, although it is of course possible for an SJ to make them as well.

You know, I know the whole type theory might be a bit confusing at this point, and that you don't know what to make of all these different opinions on your type, and that you think it is difficult to understand what is important. Especially the whole cognitive processes perspective is hard to get, but it is most important. Your type is a product of your cognitive processes profile. And honestly I do not see much that suggests your cognitive profile is more ESFJ than ESFP. That's why I think at this point the probability is largest for you being ESFP.

And let me be clear on this. Only a _SF_ type is possible. The cognitive processes results were absolutely conclusive on that point. And you know, when someone even suggests you are _N_P it's not strange you get confused, but don't listen to anyone who hasn't even studied your cognitive processes profile.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Okay, at first I thought the thread was intended to have strong sexual undertones, and the comment was based on that. That didn't prove to be right, but still the thread took a direction like that, and you went with it like a true ESFP. I think most ESFJs would have problems with it, they would not be comfortable with it, they would not dare, some would not consider it proper, although I think most young ESFJs wouldn't be of that opinion. But again, it's just far easier to imagine an SP making your posts than an SJ, although it is of course possible for an SJ to make them as well.

You know, I know the whole type theory might be a bit confusing at this point, and that you don't know what to make of all these different opinions on your type, and that you think it is difficult to understand what is important. Especially the whole cognitive processes perspective is hard to get, but it is most important. Your type is a product of your cognitive processes profile. And honestly I do not see much that suggests your cognitive profile is more ESFJ than ESFP. That's why I think at this point the probability is largest for you being ESFP.

And let me be clear on this. Only a _SF_ type is possible. The cognitive processes results were absolutely conclusive on that point. And you know, when someone even suggests you are _N_P it's not strange you get confused, but don't listen to anyone who hasn't even studied your cognitive processes profile.
    OK, fair enough. What specifically says SP in that situation, though? I don't read too much in terms of "prim and proper" with ESFJ, as opposed to "helpful and by the book." I also am a major planner, and can be quite the moralistic type in terms of right vs. wrong (obviously, I am not a prude, but I have the black-and-white mentality). However, I think you're right on the self-typing. I am getting all kinds of mixed responses. Maybe that means everyone wants to claim me for their own?

MBTI
    INTJ

OK, fair enough. What specifically says SP in that situation, though? I don't read too much in terms of "prim and proper" with ESFJ, as opposed to "helpful and by the book." I also am a major planner, and can be quite the moralistic type in terms of right vs. wrong (obviously, I am not a prude, but I have the black-and-white mentality).
    Well, the cognitive processes stuff is pretty solid evidence. All this other stuff I am talking about are mostly my impressions, based on hunches, and you may decide for yourself is those are interesting to you or not.

I am getting all kinds of mixed responses. Maybe that means everyone wants to claim me for their own?
    Well, I know you like to think of yourself as complex, and maybe you like getting mixed responses and the whole idea of being impossible to type?