• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this character?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what MBTI and Enneatype is this character? I've posted about him before (the 10 year old elf prince), but I'm having doubts if I've types him correctly

1) his function strength is Fi>Te=Ne=Ni>Se>Si>Ti>Fe at the end of the series
2) his personality is extremely meak and feminine, but not weak
3) he has strong convictions and will
4) he has a natural gift for military strategy
5) he uses Ne and Te together a lot
6) he is a skilled swordsman and merciless warrior
7) despite this he's still young and fragile and cries after every battle
8) he's very hard working, at the top of his class in his studies (which at this time are swordsmanship, white magic/healing and singing)
9) outside of battle, he's clumsy, absent minded and spacy
10) he's very much like Zero from Code Geass (although not quite THAT intelligent), so much so that I watched the show and thought "omg! I thought of a plot almost exactly like this!"
11) he's warm, yet very formal. he's often mistaken for a 30 year old woman if he has a conversation with someone who can't see him
12) he begins the story incredibly confused, clumpsy and with low confidence, but as the story progresses he gets much more confident
13) his personality is extremely aristocratic. he values elegance, integrity, grace and beauty
14) he doesn't cause a lot of trouble (as long as people leave him the f#$k alone) but he has complete disregard for rules
15) similarly, he's very independent and distrustful of organizations and authority and he hates being told what to do
16) he loves small animals and has borderline maternal tendencies
17) he's very protective of his little brother
18) he's strangely mature for his age
19) his neuroticism is very low overall, but some things that make him loose his temper are:
- picking on small children
- trying to control him
- messing with his little brother
- abusing power in one way or another
20) when you do piss him off, he goes Te as hell on yo ass
21) once you get to know him, he is incredibly affectionate
22) he's an amazing soprano singer
23) as the saga progresses, he gains tremendous amounts of authority and charisma and becomes extremely intense
24) his fighting style is more defensive at first, but he gets more and more brutal and precise (kind of like Rurouni Kenshin, but not as good)
25) he seems uptight to those who don't know him, but he's really very accepting and has a subtle, dry sense of humor
26) his vibe is like a cross between a fairytale prince and a quentin tarantino character
27) lots of people acuse him of being gay. I don't know if he is or not yet
28) his speach varies from slightly aloof and dream-like to heroic and opera-esque to bad ass one liners towards the end of the story

I've considered INFP, INTJ, ENFP and ISFP for MBTI and 1w9, 8w9, 2w1, 9w1, 9w8 and 4w3 for enneagram.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I were to give him a theme song, it would be

or

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP seems like the most likely type, yeah I'd say ENFP. :yes:

Still not sure on the enneagram, I'll have to think about that, I'll get back to you on that later.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is this about you?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still see more I, his communication style so much more subdued than mine. enneagram is friggin confusing though. he has the basic fear of an 8 and the desires of 1, 7 and to an extent 2.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
I still see more I, his communication style so much more subdued than mine. enneagram is friggin confusing though. he has the basic fear of an 8 and the desires of 1, 7 and to an extent 2.

I don't think he can be that I, his Ne and Te are way too strong, unless of course he's in a Ne-Te loop (although I'm not sure an INFP can have such a loop). Enneagram wise, I'm still not entirely sure. With the fear of eight and desires of 1, 2, and 7, he'd basically be afraid of having no power yet want perfection, love, and fun. Have you thought about giving him a tri-type instead, as it can more accurately define him?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think he can be that I, his Ne and Te are way too strong, unless of course he's in a Ne-Te loop (although I'm not sure an INFP can have such a loop). Enneagram wise, I'm still not entirely sure. With the fear of eight and desires of 1, 2, and 7, he'd basically be afraid of having no power yet want perfection, love, and fun. Have you thought about giving him a tri-type instead, as it can more accurately define him?

his tritype is definite X-4-7 with X being either 8, 9 or 1 (and I don't think he's a 9). he doesn't want perfection so much as justice, but although his personality is quite "pure" for the most part, he does have that sort of 8-ish grit and rough around the edges side of him when under stress. for instance, his fight with his father is more that prove that he can be pretty 8-ish when he has to.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
his tritype is definite X-4-7 with X being either 8, 9 or 1 (and I don't think he's a 9). he doesn't want perfection so much as justice, but although his personality is quite "pure" for the most part, he does have that sort of 8-ish grit and rough around the edges side of him when under stress. for instance, his fight with his father is more that prove that he can be pretty 8-ish when he has to.

In that case, 8w9 > 4w3 > 7w6

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would think 8w9-4w3-7w8, as opposed to 7w6.
PS: I don't really see any 6 in you either. my guess is your tritype is 9w8-4w5-5w4. could be wrong though :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still see much more introverted, especially with the way he explodes at times, and his incredibly low energy level (one of the things I adore about INFPs) he's also much more sensitive than I am

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would think 8w9-4w3-7w8, as opposed to 7w6.
PS: I don't really see any 6 in you either. my guess is your tritype is 9w8-4w5-5w4. could be wrong though :laugh:

That could work :yes: Although his slight contempt for external authority would be an indicator of wing 6, but 7w8 can work.

I suppose I could be 9w8-4w5-5w4, then again I'm not sure, ennegram is hurting my brain

I still see much more introverted, especially with the way he explodes at times, and his incredibly low energy level (one of the things I adore about INFPs) he's also much more sensitive than I am

Don't forget, ENFP's are considered the introverted extroverts, so low energy are possible.

Oh wait! I just got an idea, what if your character, considering he's still a young kid, is in a stage of development from INFP to ENFP? I mean he seems to be INFP at the start of the seires, but as he grows he becomes more open and uses his lesser functions better, eventually maturing into an ENFP. Perhaps that could work?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That could work :yes: Although his slight contempt for external authority would be an indicator of wing 6, but 7w8 can work.

I suppose I could be 9w8-4w5-5w4, then again I'm not sure, ennegram is hurting my brain

Don't forget, ENFP's are considered the introverted extroverts, so low energy are possible.

Oh wait! I just got an idea, what if your character, considering he's still a young kid, is in a stage of development from INFP to ENFP? I mean he seems to be INFP at the start of the seires, but as he grows he becomes more open and uses his lesser functions better, eventually maturing into an ENFP. Perhaps that could work?

that wouldn't quite work. introverts and extraverts have measurable differences in brain chemistry detectable via brain scans. also, ENFPs are low energy some of the time. but at the end of the day, we go insane without our silly wildman time. Yohan is the opposite. he gets home from a day's work and studies, goes for solitary walks, or just thinks. his energy level instantly in drops if it is not needed and he turns back into his natural, sweet, aloof self.
Edit: ENFPs are by far the most introverted Es, but I think INFPs are the most introverted Is, so their is more difference that what some people think I believe

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that wouldn't quite work. introverts and extraverts have measurable differences in brain chemistry detectable via brain scans. also, ENFPs are low energy some of the time. but at the end of the day, we go insane without our silly wildman time. Yohan is the opposite. he gets home from a day's work and studies, goes for solitary walks, or just thinks.

It could work theoretically, I mean the brain developes with age, thus the chemistry of introversion and extroversion can change as well. But in any case, Yohan is probably an INFP who seems to dip quite easily into his ESTJ shadow with his Te outbursts and stuff.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could work theoretically, I mean the brain developes with age, thus the chemistry of introversion and extroversion can change as well. But in any case, Yohan is probably an INFP who seems to dip quite easily into his ESTJ shadow with his Te outbursts and stuff.

that's sort of what I was thinking too, also ISFP isn't impossible, but he seems to have a much more NF vibe to him than SP, even if ISFPs can be quite NF-ish.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that's sort of what I was thinking too, also ISFP isn't impossible, but he seems to have a much more NF vibe to him than SP, even if ISFPs can be quite NF-ish.

Yes, ISFP could work, as they tend to be the most extorverted introverts and the most NF-ish SP's.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, ISFP could work, as they tend to be the most extorverted introverts and the most NF-ish SP's.

ISFPs to me almost seem like they are NFs, but even so, I can't shake his INFP vibe. if I had to guess I'd say his preference strengths look like this

I: 70% E: 30%
N: 80% S: 20%
F: 65% T: 35%
P: 55% J: 45% (he's just as J as many INFJs, he's just Fi as opposed to Fe)
that being said, his skills in S and E are high too, but his preference for I and N are pretty strong.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFPs to me almost seem like they are NFs, but even so, I can't shake his INFP vibe. if I had to guess I'd say his preference strengths look like this

I: 70% E: 30%
N: 80% S: 20%
F: 65% T: 35%
P: 55% J: 45% (he's just as J as many INFJs, he's just Fi as opposed to Fe)
that being said, his skills in S and E are high too, but his preference for I and N are pretty strong.

I case in that case, I'd definitely say INFP for Yohan, INFP with ENFP, ISFP and INFJ being runner ups. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I case in that case, I'd definitely say INFP for Yohan, INFP with ENFP, ISFP and INFJ being runner ups. :)

actually, he's nothing like an INFJ. his Fe is terrible compared to his other functions and he has no group values whatsoever

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually, he's nothing like an INFJ. his Fe is terrible compared to his other functions and he has no group values whatsoever

Oh okay then :)

INFP, with ENFP and ISFP as runner ups :)