User Tag List

First 123

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's true but sometimes you get what you pay for.
    Indeed. When I get some extra cash, I might consider. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Wellllll...I kinda maybe meant your main type. Again, I don't know you super well.
    Oh ok. Any particular reason? *curious*

I do admit to projecting a calm demeanor in public, but much of that is kinda deliberate. Often growing up if I opened myself up or made myself vulnerable I'd be pounced on or teased relentlessly. So I have that sensitivity of opening myself up too much among what I perceive to be a potential hostile crowd. I did previously comment about how that relates to the forum. In more personal conversations, with somebody I can trust deeply, it can be a different story. In fact many members here have expressed amazement at the impression I give on a more personal level, since it's often different than my public persona. If this helps.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh ok. Any particular reason? *curious*

I do admit to projecting a calm demeanor at times, but much of that is kinda deliberate. Often growing up if I opened myself up or made myself vulnerable I'd be pounced on or teased relentlessly. So I have that sensitivity of opening myself up too much among what I perceive to be a potential hostile crowd. I did previously comment about how that relates to the forum.
    Well, no I have no compelling reason. Don't tell Solitary_What'shisname, but I am just going off vibe.

Why I don't see you as a 4: You are an unusal fellow (I mean that in a good way), but do you self-consciously cultivate your difference? Do you brood on your image? Do you purposely amplify your own emotions to feel less insignificant? Are you wracked with envy and preoccupied with reinforcing your self-concept of being flawed at your core? You certainly are sensitive/caring, romantic (intellectually), proud, insightful, and introspective, but that's pretty much an NF thing anyway. You don't need to be a 4 to be that.

You also don't have that almost nihilistic, overly-detached 5 thing going on, IMO. You contain your feelings, but I wouldn't call you detached from them. You're intellectual, but not like a 5. It's like you're more grounded and respectful. Not sure, how to explain it. 5's are Frankensteinesque/Prometheussy, you remind me of a public intellectual from the Victorian Age or one of those super old-timey monks/theologians.

Are you familiar with the novelist Robertson Davies? You remind me of Robertson Davies.

But what do I know, this is strictly vibing and a very limited familiarity with your posting history. Anyway, I was hesitant to say so much based on so little info, but that's what I was thinking of.