User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Yeah, I think you're 4w5, Pegs. CF's explanations were very insightful and sounded right on.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  2. #12
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Several issues related to my enneagram type and especially my tritype have come up recently, so I figure I'd bump this to see if anybody has any fresh insights on the issue.

    I certainly could see my tritype as 451 which is appropriately labelled the "researcher". 4w5 definitely, although I'm still pondering the possibility of 5w4 vs 5w6. As well as 1w2 or 1w9.

    Thoughts?

  3. #13
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    @Peguy I have long agonized over the 4 vs. 5 conundrum because either way I have a heavy wing (I almost feel like half and half sometimes), so I can relate. I'd love to talk to you more if you are up for it, I grow weary sometimes because I don't know any other 4 + 5 folks IRL. :/

    As to your type consideration, I see 5w6 and 4w5 as totally different animals, so I don't understand mistyping between the two. What makes you think you might be 5w6? The 1 question is common for 4's I think because we integrate towards those characteristics. The way I knew I didn't have a 1 fix though is that I only experience those tendencies in health (whereas I have 8 tendencies across the health spectrum).

    If you are truly considering 1 as a core type, I think it's important to focus on the motivations, integration/disintegration, fears and passions. Are you more Angry or more Envious? Do you fear being wrong/bad, or not having a unique identity more? What does your reality look like under stress, and in health? I have a 1 friend who displays a lot of 4ish qualities because she's kind of unhealthy.

    Just a few thoughts.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  4. #14
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    @Peguy I have long agonized over the 4 vs. 5 conundrum because either way I have a heavy wing (I almost feel like half and half sometimes), so I can relate. I'd love to talk to you more if you are up for it, I grow weary sometimes because I don't know any other 4 + 5 folks IRL. :/

    As to your type consideration, I see 5w6 and 4w5 as totally different animals, so I don't understand mistyping between the two. What makes you think you might be 5w6? The 1 question is common for 4's I think because we integrate towards those characteristics. The way I knew I didn't have a 1 fix though is that I only experience those tendencies in health (whereas I have 8 tendencies across the health spectrum).

    If you are truly considering 1 as a core type, I think it's important to focus on the motivations, integration/disintegration, fears and passions. Are you more Angry or more Envious? Do you fear being wrong/bad, or not having a unique identity more? What does your reality look like under stress, and in health? I have a 1 friend who displays a lot of 4ish qualities because she's kind of unhealthy.

    Just a few thoughts.
    Sure I'd be glad to discuss this further. The issue of 5w6 and type 1 are mostly related to my tritype. As I said I see myself certainly as a 451 in terms of tritype, but which exact form of 5 and 1 are the issues.

    Judging from the different descriptions of given here between 1w2 and 1w9, I might relate more to 1w9. I might also relate more to 5w4 too. However, I'm always open to feedback from others.

    Hope this helps.

  5. #15
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    @Peguy Ooooooh, sorry for my oversight. I think I sometimes forget that people assign wings and all that jazz to each aspect of their tritype! I have no idea which wing of 1 you would best fit, but for 5 it seems to me that 5w4 is the only option because we know that you already score higher in 4 than 6 (because you are a 4).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  6. #16
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    This is the best test that I've taken (enneacards). It was the first one to actually get my type correct.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #17
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    I don't know you well, but you seem very 1w9 to me. Maybe it's the way you love history, maybe it's your very proper, contained manner. I'm not sure. You're very intellectual, but not like 5's are, IMO.

  8. #18
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I don't know you well, but you seem very 1w9 to me. Maybe it's the way you love history, maybe it's your very proper, contained manner. I'm not sure. You're very intellectual, but not like 5's are, IMO.
    You mean 1w9 as my overall type or in my Tritype?

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is the best test that I've taken (enneacards). It was the first one to actually get my type correct.
    Thanks. Although I see you need to pay for the results.

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Peguy Ooooooh, sorry for my oversight. I think I sometimes forget that people assign wings and all that jazz to each aspect of their tritype! I have no idea which wing of 1 you would best fit, but for 5 it seems to me that 5w4 is the only option because we know that you already score higher in 4 than 6 (because you are a 4).
    No worries. I can agree 5w4 would fit better than 5w6, based on my understanding of the difference between the two.

  9. #19
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You mean 1w9 as my overall type or in my Tritype?


    Thanks. Although I see you need to pay for the results.


    No worries. I can agree 5w4 would fit better than 5w6, based on my understanding of the difference between the two.
    It's true but sometimes you get what you pay for.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  10. #20
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You mean 1w9 as my overall type or in my Tritype?
    Wellllll...I kinda maybe meant your main type. Again, I don't know you super well.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] 4w5 or 5w4?
    By BlakeUndefined in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. 4w5 or 5w4?
    By BlakeUndefined in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 12:51 PM
  3. 4w5 or 5w4?
    By SoftRains in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
  4. 4w5 or 5w4?
    By Lotr246 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 02:06 AM
  5. 4w5 or 5w4
    By chickpea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO