• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me make sense of myself

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi, :hi:

I've been interested this theory for about 5 years and still haven't figured out my type. I've figured out all of my friends, family, and even my cats types but not my own :D

There are only two things i'm fairly certain of. That i'm introverted and intuitive.

Here are some things about me that might be relevant:

I'm pretty analytical and logical about the world. I love to come up with explanations about things and i'm a very curious person.

I have a very strong value system and conscience which never changed even when I was agnostic for 7 years.

I never cry in front of people (i'm a master at holding it in), but have no trouble when I am by myself. When I am by myself I tend to cry easily at sad/moving scenes or music.

I hate surprises. I often mentally plan, but almost never on paper. I'm not the kind of person to just get up and go out with friends unless we planned on it first. i'd say I'm pretty unflexibile in general.

I'm a huge procrastinator, always have been.

I've been diagnosed with ADD and social phobia and I occasionally have bouts of OCD, but haven't experienced that (OCD) in a few years now.

Most people consider me a nice, polite person, but I am very unexpressive and have a hard time showing affection.

During my entire teenage years I was often described as melancholic. I listened to nothing but sad music, was pretty cynical, had low energy and was pretty depressed really. I had to conciously change that aspect of myself and now i'm a pretty happy/optimistic person in general.

I took a test when being tested for ADD that said i'm gifted in writing, but I don't read books very often. I'm constantly reading on the internet though (researching whatever i'm interested in). I often get bored/ or sidetracked before I finish a book, so that may be ADD related.

I often have a "interest of the month". A topic i'm near obsessed with and research constantly, but will suddenly lose interest in after a month or two. I'll usually come back to it though eventually.

When I was a kid (and sometimes now) I often felt sorry for inanimate objects :cry: It might have been the choclate easter bunny I was eating, the family car that being sold, or one of the houseplants dying.

I often play devil's advocate with friends or family if I think they are only presenting one side of the argument.

I sometimes have flashes of intuitive insight when alone (which i'll think about after to check for validity), and i'm good at generating possibilities with other people.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do in life, so I work crappy jobs for a living.

People tend to see me as INTJ if you go by just the surface letters (no one I associates with knows much about the MBTI theory), but that may be my fathers influence since he is a INTJ.

I love computer stradegy games (Civilization 4, Age of empires series, Total War), Flight Simulators, First person shooters, and RPG's.

I want my future career to help people in some way and if it doesn't, I plan on giving and volunteering for charity work.

I test as 5w4 or 5w6 on the enneagram. It's a good description of me for the most part.

I suck so terribly at math I fit the criteria for learning disability (but I have a above-average IQ). However, the psychologist told me he thought that was more ADD related than the low score just being me lacking inate ability.

I exercise 5 times a week (cardio, weight lifting) and am in good shape.

People tell me i'm bad at seeing myself objectively. I'm often too hard on myself and i'm not all that accurate about myself. (or so i'm told)

I'm not artisitic or anything, but i've always wanted to be. When I took the career interest test I came out as Artisitic first, Social second, and Scientific third. Too bad I can't draw or paint worth a damn and I can't play any instruments :)

Anyway, I can almost feel the boredem of my readers, so i'm going to wrap this up.

Anyone have any ideas? At this point i'm not sure it's possible that i'll ever really be convinced of my type. I can switch what type I think I am several times in a single.day. I've studied the different function orders, what the functions mean. I mean, I have a good knowledge of this stuff now and I still can't apply to myself. Argh, it's frustrating.

Thanks for the help. :headphne:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That sounded like INxJ.
I couldn't say if it was T or F. So your primary function would be then Ni Te or Ni Fe (did I remember that right?).
Read more about the functions, maybe that would help you?

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well this is strange. I couldn't reply to the thread by using "reply", so I used "quote" and deleted my own quote.

Anway, I think I may actually be untypeable. I know about the functions and how they work, I just don't think there are clear winners for me. I've been at this for years now and the categories are just too constricting along with the descriptions.

I honestly use both feeling and thinking equally, it simply depends on this situation. Saying i'm one or the other is kinda hair splitting. I identify strongly with both of the NF and NT temperaments.

Hell, even the functions are close for me. I test as even for both Fi and Ti for my leading functions which should make me a P right? Nope, I actually think I'm more of a J I think like Alcearos said.

I honestly think a person can be smack dab in the middle. It's kind of like the old arguement does 1 = .99999999? Do I really have to pick one or the other?

Some would probably say i'm leaving it up in the air and that's a P or a F trait. I think sometimes a X may actually be the answer, a whole type in itself. That makes more sense to me too. There are a lot more types then just 16 in reality.

I sometimes see people on their type messageboards acting like a parody of their types because they read the descriptions and think they have to act a certain way to be accepted as that type. Like they take their types to the extreme or something. I see this on the INTP and INTJ messageboards a lot. It's like they have to act completely advere to emotion ; like they are autistic or sociopathic or something. It can get pretty fucking ridiculous. The INFP's act like candy canes and lolly pops are going to pop out of their asses at any second too, haha ;) The people I know in real life of those types just aren't like that.

It really cannot be psychologically healthy to box yourself in like that. I'm not saying all of us do, just that it's a danger when dealing with this stuff too much.

Sorry for the sidetrack there, I just feel like that needed to be put out there.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, you think you're untype-able, and yet start a thread telling us to type you? Sounds like an INTJ to me. ;) I think you must find value in MBTI to be interested in it for 5 yrs now!? And find that you can describe/find the types of the people around quite well.... I'd say this was a case of being too close to the subject.

Do you have anyone really close to you who could read the descriptions of the types you are interested in? I think an outside opinion can really help us see ourselves in more objective light. - Or maybe a comparison study between yourself and someone you know well. How do they use the functions differently? Which ones do they use well and which ones do they use sparsely? (I've found it's hard to judge how well I use any function without a measuring stick- a standard.)

redacted

i thought i was untypeable as well.

you sound like an INxJ for sure. my gut tells me INFJ, but who knows. (i also have ADD; doesn't necessarily have to be a P thing)

i, too, identify very strongly with certain aspects of NT and NF temperaments; this is probably because i use Fe and Ti fairly equally.

my advice would be to figure out which way your judgment functions are pointed. (this might be easier with feeling.) an INFJ would be very focused on social implications whereas an INTJ would be focused on what's good or bad for themselves.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Try this, Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

and if you don't mind, share your individual test scores? You could have ameliorated functions, or due to social phobias, you could be operating under shadow functions too, while your core functions didn't get a chance to develop. I was operating under my shadow for some years.

When you finish the above test, they'll give you a short description of each function and the expression of them in different stages for e.g. Find which functions are most familiar to you.

typo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do people act their types?

I sometimes see people on their type messageboards acting like a parody of their types because they read the descriptions and think they have to act a certain way to be accepted as that type. Like they take their types to the extreme or something.

Even though I have not seen a lot of extreme behavior in these general topic boards (and I caution that I am new here), I agree with your point that a typing system probably leads some people to feel pressure to act their type and maintain acceptance within their group, especially if they identify with their type as a central part of who they are. However, the idea that the MBTI system represent "groupings" is false and a lot of members here will adamently reject the idea that people of any given type (or grouping) have the same personality traits. They share a few tendencies that we think are interesting, but that is as far as most of us go here.

To be fair, the MBTI system does also account for variation between types by providing a scale, so any two INTJs with different scores are still unique in their tendencies, even within the limitations of the system.

The main question from your post might be: how useful do you find the MBTI system for understanding yourself? What about for understanding others? You mentioned that your father was an INTJ type. Do you think that knowing his type helps you to understand him in any way? What if you were stranded on an island with a small group of strangers; would you want to know the MBTI type of your fellow castaways?

In my view, the MBTI system should be judged on whether it gives us more information than some competing framework on personality. Any thoughts?

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks for all the help guys. Here comes a long ass post :blush:

Hmm, you think you're untype-able, and yet start a thread telling us to type you? Sounds like an INTJ to me. ;) I think you must find value in MBTI to be interested in it for 5 yrs now!? And find that you can describe/find the types of the people around quite well.... I'd say this was a case of being too close to the subject.

Do you have anyone really close to you who could read the descriptions of the types you are interested in? I think an outside opinion can really help us see ourselves in more objective light. - Or maybe a comparison study between yourself and someone you know well. How do they use the functions differently? Which ones do they use well and which ones do they use sparsely? (I've found it's hard to judge how well I use any function without a measuring stick- a standard.)

Yeah, 5 years off and on. I'm pretty interested in all personality systems, but this one seems the most accurate. Extroversion, introversion, intuition, sensing, thinking, and feeling were all things I saw in people before I ever heard about the mbti. It was pretty cool to finally put a name to them.

People that know me well all think i'm a thinker. I'm pretty analytical and don't show my emotional side very often, but that's because i'm embarrased about it. I'm incredibly sensitive about what other people think about me, but most aren't able to pick that up. I have a good poker face ;)

i thought i was untypeable as well.

you sound like an INxJ for sure. my gut tells me INFJ, but who knows. (i also have ADD; doesn't necessarily have to be a P thing)

i, too, identify very strongly with certain aspects of NT and NF temperaments; this is probably because i use Fe and Ti fairly equally.

my advice would be to figure out which way your judgment functions are pointed. (this might be easier with feeling.) an INFJ would be very focused on social implications whereas an INTJ would be focused on what's good or bad for themselves.

I'm pretty focused on what other people think. I'm also very aware of social standards and things like that. I'd often rather inconvenience myself then ask someone to do me a favor.

I also have a hard time knowing what I want for myself sometimes, so you may be on to something here.

Try this, Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

and if you don't mind, share your individual test scores?

Sure.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.9)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

I've taken that test in the past and gotten different results tho. I've been trying to get a good intuitive picture of the functions, but some things aren't clear to me yet.

Extroverted feeling: I know this function has to do with the values of whatever society you are involved in. My problem is that there are certain things I know I would have never agreed with that were once social standards, or at least accepted in society.

I never would have gone along with slavery, for instance. There are some things like that that I intuitively know are wrong.

Is that a fair gripe or do I have a bad picture of the function?

Ni vs Ne is another contrast that is difficult for me. In the shower or by myself I often have strong insights on various things, but i'm also pretty good at just generating possibilites about external things. Sometimes the possibilities all look so equally valid I have a hard time choosing which one is the most likely, making me indecisive (like my personality type ;) )

To be fair, the MBTI system does also account for variation between types by providing a scale, so any two INTJs with different scores are still unique in their tendencies, even within the limitations of the system.

The main question from your post might be: how useful do you find the MBTI system for understanding yourself? What about for understanding others? You mentioned that your father was an INTJ type. Do you think that knowing his type helps you to understand him in any way? What if you were stranded on an island with a small group of strangers; would you want to know the MBTI type of your fellow castaways?

In my view, the MBTI system should be judged on whether it gives us more information than some competing framework on personality. Any thoughts?

Good points. I think it's the best personality system i've come across. Like I said earlier in this huge post - I noticed these things before I got involved in the MBTI, I just didn't have a name for them.

My dad fits INTJ to a tee. It's incredible how accruate it is when it comes to him and he doesn't even really care about this stuff. My best friend is a SJ and it's helped me understand why we see things so differently sometimes too. I now understand why my SP friends and sister are the way they are. I've always know I was really different then most other people, but now I can really explain the differences in words. It's all really interesting.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I've been interested this theory for about 5 years and still haven't figured out my type. I've figured out all of my friends, family, and even my cats types but not my own :D
A little hint. If you can’t get yours right, do you truly believe that you are getting others correctly? Introverts are highly subjective (even Ti types like myself who want to believe we are objective) so when you gauge another person, you are doing from a limited knowing, not from a truly objective perspective.
Here are some things about me that might be relevant:

I'm pretty analytical and logical about the world. I love to come up with explanations about things and i'm a very curious person.

I have a very strong value system and conscience which never changed even when I was agnostic for 7 years.

I never cry in front of people (i'm a master at holding it in), but have no trouble when I am by myself. When I am by myself I tend to cry easily at sad/moving scenes or music.

I hate surprises. I often mentally plan, but almost never on paper. I'm not the kind of person to just get up and go out with friends unless we planned on it first. i'd say I'm pretty unflexibile in general.

I'm a huge procrastinator, always have been.

I've been diagnosed with ADD and social phobia and I occasionally have bouts of OCD, but haven't experienced that (OCD) in a few years now.

Most people consider me a nice, polite person, but I am very unexpressive and have a hard time showing affection.

During my entire teenage years I was often described as melancholic. I listened to nothing but sad music, was pretty cynical, had low energy and was pretty depressed really. I had to conciously change that aspect of myself and now i'm a pretty happy/optimistic person in general.

I took a test when being tested for ADD that said i'm gifted in writing, but I don't read books very often. I'm constantly reading on the internet though (researching whatever i'm interested in). I often get bored/ or sidetracked before I finish a book, so that may be ADD related.

I often have a "interest of the month". A topic i'm near obsessed with and research constantly, but will suddenly lose interest in after a month or two. I'll usually come back to it though eventually.

When I was a kid (and sometimes now) I often felt sorry for inanimate objects :cry: It might have been the choclate easter bunny I was eating, the family car that being sold, or one of the houseplants dying.

I often play devil's advocate with friends or family if I think they are only presenting one side of the argument.

I sometimes have flashes of intuitive insight when alone (which i'll think about after to check for validity), and i'm good at generating possibilities with other people.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do in life, so I work crappy jobs for a living.

People tend to see me as INTJ if you go by just the surface letters (no one I associates with knows much about the MBTI theory), but that may be my fathers influence since he is a INTJ.

I love computer stradegy games (Civilization 4, Age of empires series, Total War), Flight Simulators, First person shooters, and RPG's.

I want my future career to help people in some way and if it doesn't, I plan on giving and volunteering for charity work.

I test as 5w4 or 5w6 on the enneagram. It's a good description of me for the most part.

I suck so terribly at math I fit the criteria for learning disability (but I have a above-average IQ). However, the psychologist told me he thought that was more ADD related than the low score just being me lacking inate ability.

I exercise 5 times a week (cardio, weight lifting) and am in good shape.

People tell me i'm bad at seeing myself objectively. I'm often too hard on myself and i'm not all that accurate about myself. (or so i'm told)

I'm not artisitic or anything, but i've always wanted to be. When I took the career interest test I came out as Artisitic first, Social second, and Scientific third. Too bad I can't draw or paint worth a damn and I can't play any instruments :)

Anyway, I can almost feel the boredem of my readers, so i'm going to wrap this up.
I would say that you could be E9 on the enneagram, but would not discount 4w5 or 6w5. The fact that you allude to wanting to help people makes me believe that you are being swayed by social expectations (I am assuming that you are a male), therefore discounting the feeling functions (Fe/Fi). Determine your temperament which sounds SFP or NF to me. Then determine your interaction style. More importantly, this forum can’t help you because they are clueless to who you are. If you want to know, it will take you doing some work on yourself. Stop with the stupid test already. They only can show that if you have a predisposition to a certain function, then you are using it more than the others. It cannot tell you whether it’s your dominant function since average to unhealthy SP types use Ni instead of Fi or Ti.

Also all you have claimed is that you could be in a loop and wanting to be different in being some intuitive type (which gives me more reason to believe that you have a strong 4 component in the enneagram system). A little hint, have you observed that thinking types do not reveal as much about themselves and do not write such long post. Good luck Numbers!

heart

heart on fire
Ni vs Ne is another contrast that is difficult for me. In the shower or by myself I often have strong insights on various things, but i'm also pretty good at just generating possibilites about external things. Sometimes the possibilities all look so equally valid I have a hard time choosing which one is the most likely, making me indecisive (like my personality type

Do you focus or does your mind jump from one possibility to another, maybe sometimes so fast you just cannot make good use of it all? In the library can you focus easily on one book that you came for or do you find yourself drawn to several different books and getting distracted?

The last statement to me says Ne over Ni.

Do you find yourself coming up with more ideas the more you are exposed to outside materials, do you need outside stimulation to get your N going?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
You are an INFJ. It's pretty clear based upon your cognitive processes results. If you feel close on the T/F it might be explained by you using your extroverted feeling and introverted thinking almost equally much, which is a good thing. ;)

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would say that you could be E9 on the enneagram, but would not discount 4w5 or 6w5.

At one time or another I have thought I was a 4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 5w6, 6w5, and 9w1 heh. The only types I don't identify well with are 7, 8, and 2.

The fact that you allude to wanting to help people makes me believe that you are being swayed by social expectations (I am assuming that you are a male), therefore discounting the feeling functions (Fe/Fi).

If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life.

I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.

Determine your temperament which sounds SFP or NF to me. Then determine your interaction style. More importantly, this forum can’t help you because they are clueless to who you are. If you want to know, it will take you doing some work on yourself. Stop with the stupid test already. They only can show that if you have a predisposition to a certain function, then you are using it more than the others. It cannot tell you whether it’s your dominant function since average to unhealthy SP types use Ni instead of Fi or Ti.

Funny, i'm jealous of SP's and would love to be one (especially ISFP). I'm damn near oblivious to the outside world though, so much that it's frustrating and i've been trying to work on being more observant recently.

I do have some Sish traits though. I often don't "get" symbolism in movies and sometimes in other things. I like history and kicked ass at it in school. I'm also a avid weight lifter and wanted to be a pilot at one time.

I score very high in N though and sometimes bore my S friends with theory talk and discussion about the unknown and what could happen in the future.

I think my interaction style is chart-the-course. Conceptualizer Director (to be exact) which lines up with INFJ. I hate to say it, but behind-the-scenes, Harmonizer Clarifier works well also. Um, designer theorizer also fits.

Do you focus or does your mind jump from one possibility to another, maybe sometimes so fast you just cannot make good use of it all? In the library can you focus easily on one book that you came for or do you find yourself drawn to several different books and getting distracted?

The last statement to me says Ne over Ni.

Do you find yourself coming up with more ideas the more you are exposed to outside materials, do you need outside stimulation to get your N going?

Well, I have been diagnosed with ADD, so I do lack focus. I very often get sidetracked and sometimes end up at a topic without knowing how I got there (wikipedia is especially bad at doing this to me, damn links within the articles ;P). If I am thinking by myself I tend to have flashes of insight about things and very strange daydreams.

I have a friend who has hunches about things and sees what he thinks is the right answer and he is usually right. (while watching tv or something) I often point out other possibilities which can sometimes annoy him. ("No, it's THIS answer" he'll say) However, it annoys me that he never even considers what I see as other potential outcomes (or he doesn't vocalise it). I don't know if that is a S vs N thing or a Ni vs Ne thing, but maybe you can figure it out something from it. Sometimes he has a hard time seeing another point of view than his own.

You are an INFJ. It's pretty clear based upon your cognitive processes results. If you feel close on the T/F it might be explained by you using your extroverted feeling and introverted thinking almost equally much, which is a good thing. ;)

Thanks, but at this point I know so much about this stuff that I know why they are asking the questions and can conciously choose whatever result I want. ;(

Sorry about the length of these posts. I'll try and keep it shorter from now on.

redacted

People that know me well all think i'm a thinker. I'm pretty analytical and don't show my emotional side very often, but that's because i'm embarrased about it. I'm incredibly sensitive about what other people think about me, but most aren't able to pick that up. I have a good poker face ;)

reminds me of me :)

I'm pretty focused on what other people think. I'm also very aware of social standards and things like that. I'd often rather inconvenience myself then ask someone to do me a favor.

I also have a hard time knowing what I want for myself sometimes, so you may be on to something here.

gotta be INFJ.

some things aren't clear to me yet.

Extroverted feeling: I know this function has to do with the values of whatever society you are involved in. My problem is that there are certain things I know I would have never agreed with that were once social standards, or at least accepted in society.

I never would have gone along with slavery, for instance. There are some things like that that I intuitively know are wrong.

Is that a fair gripe or do I have a bad picture of the function?

that's not what extroverted feeling does. that's more of an Si/Fe thing; to follow the values of your society. extroverted feeling itself is a way of acting towards the world keeping in mind social roles and social consequences. any INFJ is going to disagree with many social norms -- Ni comes up with inner-world ideas that Fe acts out with a social lens. if something (some custom for example) doesn't match Ni's vision, an INFJ will reject it and probably try to convince others to reject it as well. ghandi is probably a good example of an INFJ.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
that's not what extroverted feeling does. that's more of an Si/Fe thing; to follow the values of your society. extroverted feeling itself is a way of acting towards the world keeping in mind social roles and social consequences. any INFJ is going to disagree with many social norms -- Ni comes up with inner-world ideas that Fe acts out with a social lens. if something (some custom for example) doesn't match Ni's vision, an INFJ will reject it and probably try to convince others to reject it as well. ghandi is probably a good example of an INFJ.

Wow, I can relate very well with Fe. I've always been very socially concious. Thanks for clarifiying. I'm starting to think I actually am INFJ.

redacted

Wow, I can relate very well with Fe. I've always been very socially concious. Thanks for clarifiying. I'm starting to think I actually am INFJ.

check out bluewing's INFJ profile if you have 20 minutes to spare. it's in the NF idyllic.

alicia91

People that know me well all think i'm a thinker. I'm pretty analytical and don't show my emotional side very often, but that's because i'm embarrased about it. I'm incredibly sensitive about what other people think about me, but most aren't able to pick that up. I have a good poker face

I think a lot of Introverted- Feelers do this. We are sensitive on the inside but afraid to show it and in many cases we are 'trained' to be more logical (seems more intelligent to some) so we use that in our interactions with others. I'm completely like that myself.

This is apparently something that is common to 'creative people' or so I've been told. I personally am the same way and have a rotating set of interests.

Good luck with it Numbers!

Alicia

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life. I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.
You never stated your gender, but the influence that I was alluding to would be subconscious. Males who prefer feeling can be subconsciously swayed by social expectations of gender roles, to make them believe that they are thinking types and vice versa for females preferring thinking. Also SPs want to make an impact, not NPs. NPs are okay in just knowing for it's own sake, SPs must have a reason to learn and a venue to make an immediate impact.
Funny, i'm jealous of SP's and would love to be one (especially ISFP). I'm damn near oblivious to the outside world though, so much that it's frustrating and i've been trying to work on being more observant recently.
You remind me of a discussion years ago with a former member here and INTPC. Creative Chaos as a practitioner of MBTI reminded us that the proper terminology that should be used is our preferred type, because we really are not any particular type. It sounds as though you may prefer one of many which is natural. The question is your best fit type.
I do have some Sish traits though. I often don't "get" symbolism in movies and sometimes in other things. I like history and kicked ass at it in school. I'm also a avid weight lifter and wanted to be a pilot at one time.
Those are all ISP traits, but to say that they corner the market on them would be silly of me.
I score very high in N though and sometimes bore my S friends with theory talk and discussion about the unknown and what could happen in the future.
Improviser/Artisans can and do score high on N (in particularly Ni) which confuses them. CAPT has written articles on why SP types generally mistype as types preferring intuition to sensing, because they do not readily see the stereotypical sensing description in themselves.
I think my interaction style is chart-the-course. Conceptualizer Director (to be exact) which lines up with INFJ. I hate to say it, but behind-the-scenes, Harmonizer Clarifier works well also. Um, designer theorizer also fits.
Actually Conceptulizer Director is INTJ and Forseer Developers are INFJs. If you relate better to “Chart the Course” you still may be doing it based on gender expectations (men usually direct and women inform per Linda Berens). The “Behind the Scenes” type could indicate any preference for Composer Producer –ISFP. However the booklet on interaction style gives so much more information and would be a cheap investment. In the end it would be highly dangerous and irresponsible for me to interfere with your life's lessons in knowing who you are. I find it presumptious and flighty for anyone on this board who does not know you intimately to pretend to know. Even licensed and trained practitioners will never tell you your type, but only facilitate in guiding you to the right answer.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life.

I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.

That sounds really stereotypically NF (at least from a Kiersey perspective).

You tested pretty INFJ, so why don't you take the see how it fits for a while? It won't force you to act like a cariacture, and time will tell if you think it helps describe you well (in a way that helps you understand yourself and plot a growth arc).

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
That sounds really stereotypically NF (at least from a Kiersey perspective).

You tested pretty INFJ, so why don't you take the see how it fits for a while? It won't force you to act like a cariacture, and time will tell if you think it helps describe you well (in a way that helps you understand yourself and plot a growth arc).
Damn Colors, your type just makes so much sense!

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I'm a guy. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

I don't really care about putting what I learn to use and I mostly learn things because i'm curious about them. If I find a practical use afterward, cool, but I don't set out with that in mind.

I tried looking over various different ISFP descriptions again and while I can relate somewhat, i'm no where near spontaneous or implusive like SP's are said to be. I plan every thing i'm going to do that day in my head at least tentatively. There isn't much I don't do deliberately ;)

About the interaction styles - Yeah, I actually meant to copy/paste forseer developer, oops :D

I'm pretty sure i'm NF now. I think I developed my logic functions well because i'm a guy and society tends to push us that way. I think i'm going to settle on INFJ too, especially since I have a better understanding of what Fe is. That was one of the big pieces that I didn't think fit. INFP is still a possibility though.

Thanks again for all of your help. You guys are awesome.