User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

You are an INFJ. It's pretty clear based upon your cognitive processes results. If you feel close on the T/F it might be explained by you using your extroverted feeling and introverted thinking almost equally much, which is a good thing.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I would say that you could be E9 on the enneagram, but would not discount 4w5 or 6w5.
    At one time or another I have thought I was a 4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 5w6, 6w5, and 9w1 heh. The only types I don't identify well with are 7, 8, and 2.

The fact that you allude to wanting to help people makes me believe that you are being swayed by social expectations (I am assuming that you are a male), therefore discounting the feeling functions (Fe/Fi).
    If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life.

I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.

Determine your temperament which sounds SFP or NF to me. Then determine your interaction style. More importantly, this forum can’t help you because they are clueless to who you are. If you want to know, it will take you doing some work on yourself. Stop with the stupid test already. They only can show that if you have a predisposition to a certain function, then you are using it more than the others. It cannot tell you whether it’s your dominant function since average to unhealthy SP types use Ni instead of Fi or Ti.
    Funny, i'm jealous of SP's and would love to be one (especially ISFP). I'm damn near oblivious to the outside world though, so much that it's frustrating and i've been trying to work on being more observant recently.

I do have some Sish traits though. I often don't "get" symbolism in movies and sometimes in other things. I like history and kicked ass at it in school. I'm also a avid weight lifter and wanted to be a pilot at one time.

I score very high in N though and sometimes bore my S friends with theory talk and discussion about the unknown and what could happen in the future.

I think my interaction style is chart-the-course. Conceptualizer Director (to be exact) which lines up with INFJ. I hate to say it, but behind-the-scenes, Harmonizer Clarifier works well also. Um, designer theorizer also fits.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Do you focus or does your mind jump from one possibility to another, maybe sometimes so fast you just cannot make good use of it all? In the library can you focus easily on one book that you came for or do you find yourself drawn to several different books and getting distracted?

The last statement to me says Ne over Ni.

Do you find yourself coming up with more ideas the more you are exposed to outside materials, do you need outside stimulation to get your N going?
    Well, I have been diagnosed with ADD, so I do lack focus. I very often get sidetracked and sometimes end up at a topic without knowing how I got there (wikipedia is especially bad at doing this to me, damn links within the articles ;P). If I am thinking by myself I tend to have flashes of insight about things and very strange daydreams.

I have a friend who has hunches about things and sees what he thinks is the right answer and he is usually right. (while watching tv or something) I often point out other possibilities which can sometimes annoy him. ("No, it's THIS answer" he'll say) However, it annoys me that he never even considers what I see as other potential outcomes (or he doesn't vocalise it). I don't know if that is a S vs N thing or a Ni vs Ne thing, but maybe you can figure it out something from it. Sometimes he has a hard time seeing another point of view than his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    You are an INFJ. It's pretty clear based upon your cognitive processes results. If you feel close on the T/F it might be explained by you using your extroverted feeling and introverted thinking almost equally much, which is a good thing.
    Thanks, but at this point I know so much about this stuff that I know why they are asking the questions and can conciously choose whatever result I want. ;(

Sorry about the length of these posts. I'll try and keep it shorter from now on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    People that know me well all think i'm a thinker. I'm pretty analytical and don't show my emotional side very often, but that's because i'm embarrased about it. I'm incredibly sensitive about what other people think about me, but most aren't able to pick that up. I have a good poker face
    reminds me of me

I'm pretty focused on what other people think. I'm also very aware of social standards and things like that. I'd often rather inconvenience myself then ask someone to do me a favor.

I also have a hard time knowing what I want for myself sometimes, so you may be on to something here.
    gotta be INFJ.

some things aren't clear to me yet.

Extroverted feeling: I know this function has to do with the values of whatever society you are involved in. My problem is that there are certain things I know I would have never agreed with that were once social standards, or at least accepted in society.

I never would have gone along with slavery, for instance. There are some things like that that I intuitively know are wrong.

Is that a fair gripe or do I have a bad picture of the function?
    that's not what extroverted feeling does. that's more of an Si/Fe thing; to follow the values of your society. extroverted feeling itself is a way of acting towards the world keeping in mind social roles and social consequences. any INFJ is going to disagree with many social norms -- Ni comes up with inner-world ideas that Fe acts out with a social lens. if something (some custom for example) doesn't match Ni's vision, an INFJ will reject it and probably try to convince others to reject it as well. ghandi is probably a good example of an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    that's not what extroverted feeling does. that's more of an Si/Fe thing; to follow the values of your society. extroverted feeling itself is a way of acting towards the world keeping in mind social roles and social consequences. any INFJ is going to disagree with many social norms -- Ni comes up with inner-world ideas that Fe acts out with a social lens. if something (some custom for example) doesn't match Ni's vision, an INFJ will reject it and probably try to convince others to reject it as well. ghandi is probably a good example of an INFJ.
    Wow, I can relate very well with Fe. I've always been very socially concious. Thanks for clarifiying. I'm starting to think I actually am INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wow, I can relate very well with Fe. I've always been very socially concious. Thanks for clarifiying. I'm starting to think I actually am INFJ.
    check out bluewing's INFJ profile if you have 20 minutes to spare. it's in the NF idyllic.

People that know me well all think i'm a thinker. I'm pretty analytical and don't show my emotional side very often, but that's because i'm embarrased about it. I'm incredibly sensitive about what other people think about me, but most aren't able to pick that up. I have a good poker face
    I think a lot of Introverted- Feelers do this. We are sensitive on the inside but afraid to show it and in many cases we are 'trained' to be more logical (seems more intelligent to some) so we use that in our interactions with others. I'm completely like that myself.

I often have a "interest of the month". A topic i'm near obsessed with and research constantly, but will suddenly lose interest in after a month or two. I'll usually come back to it though eventually.
    This is apparently something that is common to 'creative people' or so I've been told. I personally am the same way and have a rotating set of interests.

Good luck with it Numbers!

Alicia

MBTI
    TiSe

If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life. I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.
    You never stated your gender, but the influence that I was alluding to would be subconscious. Males who prefer feeling can be subconsciously swayed by social expectations of gender roles, to make them believe that they are thinking types and vice versa for females preferring thinking. Also SPs want to make an impact, not NPs. NPs are okay in just knowing for it's own sake, SPs must have a reason to learn and a venue to make an immediate impact.
    Funny, i'm jealous of SP's and would love to be one (especially ISFP). I'm damn near oblivious to the outside world though, so much that it's frustrating and i've been trying to work on being more observant recently.
    You remind me of a discussion years ago with a former member here and INTPC. Creative Chaos as a practitioner of MBTI reminded us that the proper terminology that should be used is our preferred type, because we really are not any particular type. It sounds as though you may prefer one of many which is natural. The question is your best fit type.
    I do have some Sish traits though. I often don't "get" symbolism in movies and sometimes in other things. I like history and kicked ass at it in school. I'm also a avid weight lifter and wanted to be a pilot at one time.
    Those are all ISP traits, but to say that they corner the market on them would be silly of me.
    I score very high in N though and sometimes bore my S friends with theory talk and discussion about the unknown and what could happen in the future.
    Improviser/Artisans can and do score high on N (in particularly Ni) which confuses them. CAPT has written articles on why SP types generally mistype as types preferring intuition to sensing, because they do not readily see the stereotypical sensing description in themselves.
    I think my interaction style is chart-the-course. Conceptualizer Director (to be exact) which lines up with INFJ. I hate to say it, but behind-the-scenes, Harmonizer Clarifier works well also. Um, designer theorizer also fits.
    Actually Conceptulizer Director is INTJ and Forseer Developers are INFJs. If you relate better to “Chart the Course” you still may be doing it based on gender expectations (men usually direct and women inform per Linda Berens). The “Behind the Scenes” type could indicate any preference for Composer Producer –ISFP. However the booklet on interaction style gives so much more information and would be a cheap investment. In the end it would be highly dangerous and irresponsible for me to interfere with your life's lessons in knowing who you are. I find it presumptious and flighty for anyone on this board who does not know you intimately to pretend to know. Even licensed and trained practitioners will never tell you your type, but only facilitate in guiding you to the right answer.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

If I am being influenced by social expectations, it is subconsciously. My wanting to help people comes from personal reasons. I want my career/existance to have made a positive impact. It's kind of my purpose in life. With so much evil and suffering in the world I want to try and right it, at least some of it. That would be so much more meaningful then anything else I could accomplish in life.

I guess I just truly care about other people and feel like it's the right thing to do.
    That sounds really stereotypically NF (at least from a Kiersey perspective).

You tested pretty INFJ, so why don't you take the see how it fits for a while? It won't force you to act like a cariacture, and time will tell if you think it helps describe you well (in a way that helps you understand yourself and plot a growth arc).

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    That sounds really stereotypically NF (at least from a Kiersey perspective).

You tested pretty INFJ, so why don't you take the see how it fits for a while? It won't force you to act like a cariacture, and time will tell if you think it helps describe you well (in a way that helps you understand yourself and plot a growth arc).
    Damn Colors, your type just makes so much sense!

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, I'm a guy. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

I don't really care about putting what I learn to use and I mostly learn things because i'm curious about them. If I find a practical use afterward, cool, but I don't set out with that in mind.

I tried looking over various different ISFP descriptions again and while I can relate somewhat, i'm no where near spontaneous or implusive like SP's are said to be. I plan every thing i'm going to do that day in my head at least tentatively. There isn't much I don't do deliberately

About the interaction styles - Yeah, I actually meant to copy/paste forseer developer, oops

I'm pretty sure i'm NF now. I think I developed my logic functions well because i'm a guy and society tends to push us that way. I think i'm going to settle on INFJ too, especially since I have a better understanding of what Fe is. That was one of the big pieces that I didn't think fit. INFP is still a possibility though.

Thanks again for all of your help. You guys are awesome.