First 2345 Last

Thread: A CLUE! A CLUE!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

That's a lot for me to read through given how impatient I am but I will say this. The OP was one of the most profound posts I have ever read. One because I can relate to it and two because I know you and catching a glimpse of you opening up was touching.

I haven't read all of fineline's replies, but if he's still on top form then I'm quite sure his words are dead on. I mean come on how could anyone not have a crush on him?

Your type is difficult for me to nail down but I would agree what Noah said and say it fluctuates possibly depending on who you're with. The hat thing again? If I had to choose I say IsfJ. Keeping in mind that you are intelligent and very well read.

And fwiw I start things and don't always finish them. I also detest deadlines and more often times than not hate having my time reserved but I am also very J. Again as Noah said if not finishing things or not getting to things bothers you then you're likely J. P's aren't usually bothered by those things.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

FineLine, you're actually not the first person to say ISFP- ApeTheDog said it once but I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I just re-read the ISFP profile and, like the ISFJ, INFP, and INFJ (and even the INTP) profiles, some of it really hits home while other parts feel completely alien.

So basically there's still no strong opinion in any particular direction and nearly everyone says that I'm on the borderline in at least two dichotomies. I can live with being unclassifiable.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

So Jen, when will I get my ticket for the Slow Boat to Sensor Island, to take me and my rules and small-mindedness away?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can live with being unclassifiable.
    I think most likely fall within this distinction; the MBTI is a narrow-handed legislative body.

If it makes you feel any better, I routinely seem to splatter somewhere between INTP; INFJ and ENTJ.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

So Jen, when will I get my ticket for the Slow Boat to Sensor Island, to take me and my rules and small-mindedness away?
    Like the NT's I can make an exception, but just this one time!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I haven't read all of fineline's replies, but if he's still on top form then I'm quite sure his words are dead on. I mean come on how could anyone not have a crush on him?
    LOL! Thanks, Jen! At least I can handle jokes and compliments better than weeping

FineLine, you're actually not the first person to say ISFP- ApeTheDog said it once but I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I just re-read the ISFP profile and, like the ISFJ, INFP, and INFJ (and even the INTP) profiles, some of it really hits home while other parts feel completely alien.

So basically there's still no strong opinion in any particular direction and nearly everyone says that I'm on the borderline in at least two dichotomies. I can live with being unclassifiable.
    Suits me, Ivy. I'm content to continue thinking of you as the Magical Enigmatic Unclassifiable Madmin.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Suits me, Ivy. I'm content to continue thinking of you as the Magical Enigmatic Unclassifiable Madmin.
    New signature time!

So beautiful I almost wept.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

FineLine, your insight is pretty freaking amazing.

BTW I just totally cried again!
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Dammit, now I'm gonna cry.

I think we should all show our support and start a "Make Ivy cry" thread. We'll need to get our time zones synchronized for the group hug, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    the MBTI is a narrow-handed legislative body.
    Beautifully put, and very apt. People love pigeonholes (well, mostly the SJ's do). But very few people actually fall neatly into one of the discrete 16 types. We need to see it as more of a general guide, where the 16 types are actually sort of archetypes.

I think I'm actually a bit unusual in how well I fit into the INTP type. In most of the INTP profile descriptions, I find about 85% to be dead on, about 10% to be meh, and about 5% to be utterly wrong (mostly the really negative stuff, obviously).
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Dammit, now I'm gonna cry.

I think we should all show our support and start a "Make Ivy cry" thread. We'll need to get our time zones synchronized for the group hug, though.
    I'd be down with that! It would be fun to see who can identify and properly push the sentimental button.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Beautifully put, and very apt. People love pigeonholes (well, mostly the SJ's do). But very few people actually fall neatly into one of the discrete 16 types. We need to see it as more of a general guide, where the 16 types are actually sort of archetypes.

I think I'm actually a bit unusual in how well I fit into the INTP type. In most of the INTP profile descriptions, I find about 85% to be dead on, about 10% to be meh, and about 5% to be utterly wrong (mostly the really negative stuff, obviously).
    YES. I often do think of the 16 types as caricatures, and that some people are pretty congruous with one of them, but that most of us have aspects of at least a few types. Part of me really wishes that I did fit a type better, so I could feel that camaraderie that I see between INTPs on INTP Central and between other types on other single-type forums and mailing lists. But I think identifying with several types in some ways is more realistic- people just don't neatly sort out into 16 types. Humanity is messier than that.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'd be down with that! It would be fun to see who can identify and properly push the sentimental button.
    Done.

so I could feel that camaraderie that I see between INTPs on INTP Central
    Ironically, I don't feel a lot of camaraderie on INTPC. But a lot of it is that I get tired of me, and I like to consort with not-me's (which is why I generally post here, and not there).

Though I have been thinking of getting over there more often lately.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.