• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

xNTP - Confused

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I thought I was INTP. But now, I've been wondering. I know I'm xNTP, as Ne and Ti are my main functions.
According to the function test, I'm ENTP.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (29)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********(14.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*********************************(47.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (25.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (26.9)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (21.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (31.9)
good use

But going by the individual letter, I almost always test INTP, with the occasional ENTP, ENFP, and INFP, although none are given as much as INTP, by a lot.

If anyone actually has picked up on anything in my relatively few posts, they are welcome to offer an idea. I'd also appreciate any ENTPs, especially those who thought they were INTPs, to say what makes them different. Or anyone else for that matter. ^.^

I usually test as INTP, mainly because I'm quite quiet, and used to be shy, even though I'm perfectly comfortably speaking, and can be very chatty, but that's more recent. ^.^ I know I was very E as a little kid, but then very shy, until more recently. I'm the sort who, at a family gathering, sits near the action, so I can hear everything, and promptly starts reading a book. ^.^

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well you've seemed like an xNTP to me :D Yep exactly xNTP, because I've thought of you being in the middle on E/I dichotomy, tho perhaps slightly on the I side .. but what you know, I've thought that my forum persona although genuine expression of what I think up online, is far more I and theoretical than the real thing.. so we soon hit the limits of distant typing :rolleyes:

Hmm curiously, I've thought that F isn't too far off from you.

And then, your supposedly 2 primaries (N, T) follow the standard model of ENTP.. Ne > Ni, Ti > Te..
but then, the 2 other functions (F,S) have Se>Si and Fi>Fe, as with INTJ.

I would put more emphasis on the greatest functions and less on the little functions. Standard model of Ne-Ti-Fe-Si for ENTP - as well as standard model for any MBTI type for that matter - doesn't seem to be based on reality.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've wondered that. I just took a normal test or two, that I've taken before, and tried to answer honestly and not play with the results (I can easily make it answer whatever type I want ^.^) and I got ENTP, but barely. E=1%, N=75% T=75% P=89%. There is something absurd about that :D So I'm calling myself xNTP until I learn more. But hopefully I will learn more.

Edit: I think the tertiary and inferior have more to do with relation to usage and relation to primary and secondary. This wiki has some interesting things about it.