• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright, I've decided to make another thread, this time far more in-depth, revealing whatever information I can to determine what exactly my type is. So let's start with MBTI/JCF and then move onto enneagram second.

MBTI/JCF:

Alright, from what I understand and know well enough, I use Ji and Je fairly well; Ji is Fi since I have my own unique set of ethics and values that I follow to heart, I do as I wish so long as it does not compromise my system of ethics (unless of course a particular situation calls for it, but making decisions as they come based off my gut is one of my ethical standards); so Fi fits in that spot. As for Je, I'd say my Fe is okay, but that my Te is much, much stronger and used more, thus Je is Te. As for Pe, that would most assuredly go to Ne. Then for Pi, Ni is probably stronger than Si. so Ni.

Thus Ne, Te, Fi, and Ni, are my lead functions, with Te and Fi being very close in strength. Thus technically speaking, if Ni is higher than what I take it granted for (Ni may be very high, almost as much as Ne), then I could fit the function order of both INTJ and ENFP: (Ni/Ne) > (Te/Fi) > (Se/Si), or xNxx.

However, I would also like the input of others as to what they think of my function order and whatnot. I should also mention that having Asperger's syndrome, which had rendered my social skills somewhat askew and made me a very shy person who is somewhat anti-social. But I do want to sometimes interact with others and embrace companionship, which is why I turn to the internet for my socialization. Although my shyness over time has slowly started to diminish from what it used to be a long time ago, so with time shyness may not even be relevant. Perhaps then I'm an extrovert who has yet to come out of his shell?

Enneagram:

I have limited it down to these types:

with wings:

4w5
6w5
9w8

although it could wing this way as well:

4w3
6w7

well maybe anyway.

What's confusing is that my mother said the 9w8 description fit me best, yet I was told core 9 probably isn't me. The it occurred to me while I was sitting in Jack-in-the-Box waiting for an interview, my outward persona can only reveal so much about me, that parts of my true self lay underneath my exterior known only to me. Thus my desire to seek an identity, to be able to embrace my internalized emotions, to find that existential freedom, it all means that I'm a 4. When I first read about the enneagram (from TV Tropes) I immediately identified with four the most, five the second most. And 4 was the type that I often got the highest results with. Thus I am a four, but my emotions aren't out of control, rather they are tempered and internalized within me, probably from a 5 wing.

As for 6 and 9, I can't decide. All I know is that 6 is afraid of 7 because 7 8 9.

If you have any other ideas or questions, please present them. And thank you. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think your head triad is 5 as opposed to 6. my best guess is 9w8 9-4-5. I could also see 9w1, but you strike me as clearly gut triad

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As for function order, I definitely see lots of Fi and Ne. I'm not sure which of the two is dominant but I'm almost certain its one of those. I can't precisely rank all 8 of your functions but I'd say I don't see much of either sensing function, Se or Si.

As far as enneagram type goes, have you considered 9w1? The 1 wing brings a more idealistic streak and I do see quite a bit of idealism in you. I don't see you as a type 1 but a 1 wing could explain that. Otherwise, I'd go with 6w7.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
I think your head triad is 5 as opposed to 6. my best guess is 9w8 9-4-5. I could also see 9w1, but you strike me as clearly gut triad

Actually 5 could work as well, it is a type that I strongly identified with as well when I first heard of the enneagram. And although I'm not as assertive as I probably should be, I can get defensive like an 8 when needed, but only so much as a 9w8 would get. As for 1, I don't think I relate to it all that much, I'm not that perfectionist and I have a burning passion against the rules.

Originally posted by SuchIrony
As for function order, I definitely see lots of Fi and Ne. I'm not sure which of the two is dominant but I'm almost certain its one of those. I can't precisely rank all 8 of your functions but I'd say I don't see much of either sensing function, Se or Si.

Well, the reason I'm also confused is because my function order kinda goes like this: Fi-Ne-Te-Si, which makes me an xNFP.

As far as enneagram type goes, have you considered 9w1? The 1 wing brings a more idealistic streak and I do see quite a bit of idealism in you. I don't see you as a type 1 but a 1 wing could explain that. Otherwise, I'd go with 6w7.

As I mentioned before to Elfboy, I don't think 1 would fit even with a wing. Then again I am extremely idealistic . . .

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
A few points:

* ENFPs are said to be one of the most introverted E types, especially if they aren't Sevens. Finding out which function is your dominant might help. How do you use Ne?

* Which description of the 9w8 did you have your mother evaluate? It could be an important piece of evidence...

* In your video, you sounded antiauthoritarian and nonconformistic. You could be a 4w5 (your dislike of people you consider intelectually inferior, as you said in the video, seems to support that :yes:), but you could also be a counterphobic Six (vigilant towards authority figures, like Christopher Hitchens and George Orwell) or - less likely, IMO - a 9w8 (more antiauthoritarian and assertive than 9w1s, though also more diffuse - you mentioned "skipping" from one interest to another in the video).

Hope I helped! :) With luck, I shall discover more and give you more precise feedback. :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
* ENFPs are said to be one of the most introverted E types, especially if they aren't Sevens. Finding out which function is your dominant might help. How do you use Ne?

The thing is, people are always assuming that because I'm E that I must be some sort of people person who can hit it off with just anybody. But the thing is I'm often to shy and clueless to accomplish such things well enough.

But as for Ne, I tend to just randomly brainstorm multiple kinds of ideas and imagine the theoretical potential of different possibilties, but it tends to be something akin to casual daydreaming; I just sorta think about ideas like it were a natural impulse.

* Which description of the 9w8 did you have your mother evaluate? It could be an important piece of evidence...

She didn't mention, she just said that one sounded most like me because she was undecided about the other two options (4w5 and 6w5), although considering that she was reluctant it might be better not to consider her testimony at all.

* In your video, you sounded antiauthoritarian and nonconformistic. You could be a 4w5 (your dislike of people you consider intelectually inferior, as you said in the video, seems to support that :yes: ), but you could also be a counterphobic Six (vigilant towards authority figures, like Christopher Hitchens and George Orwell) or - less likely, IMO - a 9w8 (more antiauthoritarian and assertive than 9w1s, though also more diffuse - you mentioned "skipping" from one interest to another in the video).

I think 4w5 is strongest, with a tie between 9w8 and cp6wX. All of them are against authority and systems, but at heart (no pun intended) I am an existentialist concerned about what I am and will be in this world.

Hope I helped! :) With luck, I shall discover more and give you more precise feedback. :hug:

You certainly did help :hug: as did everyone else so far, hugs for errybody :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anybody think that I could possibly be one of these types:

INFP, INTJ, or ISFP?

I've settled on enneagram 4w5 fwi btw.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

INFP, INTJ, or ISFP?

Well, unless your employers have brainwashed you in the last weekend, I'm still voting for ENFP with a strong Te. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INFP, INTJ, or ISFP?

I could see INFP, but I still think you're more 9w8 :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't display the passion of envy and the mental fixation of melancholy, you are not a 4.
You don't display the quiet and dormant energy of the 9, you are not a 9.
You are mental, nervous and rebel, you are a 6. 6w5 Sp/So, end of the thread.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, unless your employers have brainwashed you in the last weekend, I'm still voting for ENFP with a strong Te.

ENFP with strong Te could work. But you know what helps me with tough desicions like these? A cheesburger and fries at Jack in the Box, or come on over and try our tacos or mozzerella sticks. Or you can try one of our new deluxe meals. My new type is no longer ENFP, it's JACK.

Originally posted by Elfboy
I could see INFP, but I still think you're more 9w8

That could work :thinking:

Originally posted by Speed Gavroche
You don't display the passion of envy and the mental fixation of melancholy, you are not a 4.
You don't display the quiet and dormant energy of the 9, you are not a 9.
You are mental, nervous and rebel, you are a 6. 6w5 Sp/So, end of the thread.

That could also work :thinking:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, ignore for a second the 'type me' characters, ignore my video, ignore all other thread that I have made. Personally, based off of my posts, demeanor, and individual persona, what would say my type is?

Or maybe I should just start skyping with people instead . . . :thinking:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
OK, ignore for a second the 'type me' characters, ignore my video, ignore all other thread that I have made. Personally, based off of my posts, demeanor, and individual persona, what would say my type is?

Or maybe I should just start skyping with people instead . . . :thinking:

Well, I did try to base my typing on our conversations and posts... You're friendly, but also resolute and passionate. The whole "reform" thing from a while ago seemed Te-ish to me.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I did try to base my typing on our conversations and posts... You're friendly, but also resolute and passionate. The whole "reform" thing from a while ago seemed Te-ish to me.

That's true :yes:. But maybe I'm being a little too obsessive with this whole type thing as of now. Perhaps I should spend more time posting and making myself known to more people on the site better, in addition to developing stronger friendships with those I already know. Then later once I'm fairly famous among the type community I'll resurect this thread and re-consult the general consensus.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
That's true :yes:. But maybe I'm being a little too obsessive with this whole type thing as of now. Perhaps I should spend more time posting and making myself known to more people on the site better, in addition to developing stronger friendships with those I already know. Then later once I'm fairly famous among the type community I'll resurect this thread and re-consult the general consensus.

Sounds like a plan! :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like a plan! :D

Now I just need to ask my mom if I can load the program back onto my computer :biggrin:

Oh wait, my computer doesn't have a camera feature . . . Now I just need to wait a few weeks while I save my money for a laptop! :biggrin:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also, are you sure you're not an INFP?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I might be an INFP, although my Te seems to be of fairly good use (as evident of my rant threads against the enneagram and prison), although no stronger than tert. But it is possible that I'm really just an INFP with a highly developed Te, that's equal with my Si; Fi - Ne - Si = Te.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well the last cognitive function test I took gave me a result of ENFP/ENFJ.

Also, I think I may very well be 6w5, and I think I've been confusinf my inner emotions as 4 even though it's a combination of 6's anxiety and Fi. Like last night, when I found out that I had to attend jury duty, I did a lot of research about it, and in off tangants, the penalties for skipping, life within prison, and theoretical alternatives of what could possible unfold if I were to do X or Y. The whole time I was nervous as hell, shaking with doubt at the current jury system and rage at the percieved injustices of those forced to go or punished severly for refusal. But throught my life I've always been an insecure, anxious, and nervous guy whom wanted and still wants some level of certainty and security. However I'm skeptical of certain kinds of institutions or things that claim to offer security but don't match with my ideals. Therefore I tend to reject those things and rebel against them in private silence.

Also, even though I'm an existentialist, I don't think that menas I'm core 4. 4's seem to desire expressing lots of their inner emotions, and even though the one time I did it felt great, I don't want those emotions to be expressed all the time, rather it seems I just bottle up too many of my emotions and eventually they desire to burst out of me anyway.

So I think my enneagram could be this: cp6w5 > 4w5 > 9w8 or cp6w5 > 4w3 > 9w8

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well the last cognitive function test I took gave me a result of ENFP/ENFJ.

Also, I think I may very well be 6w5, and I think I've been confusinf my inner emotions as 4 even though it's a combination of 6's anxiety and Fi. Like last night, when I found out that I had to attend jury duty, I did a lot of research about it, and in off tangants, the penalties for skipping, life within prison, and theoretical alternatives of what could possible unfold if I were to do X or Y. The whole time I was nervous as hell, shaking with doubt at the current jury system and rage at the percieved injustices of those forced to go or punished severly for refusal. But throught my life I've always been an insecure, anxious, and nervous guy whom wanted and still wants some level of certainty and security. However I'm skeptical of certain kinds of institutions or things that claim to offer security but don't match with my ideals. Therefore I tend to reject those things and rebel against them in private silence.

Also, even though I'm an existentialist, I don't think that menas I'm core 4. 4's seem to desire expressing lots of their inner emotions, and even though the one time I did it felt great, I don't want those emotions to be expressed all the time, rather it seems I just bottle up too many of my emotions and eventually they desire to burst out of me anyway.

So I think my enneagram could be this: cp6w5 > 4w5 > 9w8 or cp6w5 > 4w3 > 9w8

That makes a lot of sense. :yes: Do you alternate between extremes of phobicness and counterphobicness? You mentioned being shy, and the p/cp thing is more of an indicative of dominant coping strategy, I think. :thinking: