User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Regardless, you have Aspergers. People with mental illnesses cannot be assigned a type.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Perch420
    Regardless, you have Aspergers. People with mental illnesses cannot be assigned a type.
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Seriously, just stay out of this thread, you contribution isn't helping in the least.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I did not just read this.
    Ah.. wait.. I did. Sorries.

MBTI
    STUF

Jungs original work was only about how the functions related to those with mental illnesses.
    Whoops.

figsfiggyfigs

I haven't read a single post in this thread, but this makes me laugh. Perch, I like you, in a "watch this train wreck waiting to happen sort of way".

KEEP Driving that train!

MBTI
    IsFJ

You could write a 200-page paper on how WRONG this is. Some highlights:

* Asperger's is not a mental illness, it's a condition that brings some cognitive advantages as well as some disadvantages;

* People with Asperger's can be typed. It's not like they are insane or sociopathic or something;

* In another thread, you said people with mental illnesses should be sterilized. What does that say about your attitude towards SI?

* You essentially came in a thread SI made in order to discover more about himself, politely requesting feedback from others, to tell him he's defective and consequently untypeable;

* By showing a great lack of tact towards SI, one of the sweetest guys I've met on this forum, you are essentially proving that an Aspie is kinder and more aware of how his attitude affects others than you, which makes your AS = illness theory crumble to dust.

Why are you in this forum again?

Rant over. Sorry about that.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Indeed Perch, for all your rudeness and ignorance, you certainly have created a notorious reputation for yourself. Congradulations.

Add my "what is this I don't even" moment to the general chorus.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Viridian
    You could write a 200-page paper on how WRONG this is. Some highlights:

* Asperger's is not a mental illness, it's a condition that brings some cognitive advantages as well as some disadvantages;

* People with Asperger's can be typed. It's not like they are insane or sociopathic or something;

* In another thread, you said people with mental illnesses should be sterilized. What does that say about your attitude towards SI?

* You essentially came in a thread SI made in order to discover more about himself, politely requesting feedback from others, to tell him he's defective and consequently untypeable;

* By showing a great lack of tact towards SI, one of the sweetest guys I've met on this forum, you are essentially proving that an Aspie is kinder and more aware of how his attitude affects others than you, which makes your AS = illness theory crumble to dust.
    Thank you

Why are you in this forum again?

Rant over. Sorry about that.
    Indeed, that is a good question. And rant all you want dude, I'm cool with stuff like that

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

From what I have seen, it appears that some mental illnesses may be linked to type, and that some people with mental illnesses have apparent types. I know people with bpd where you can clearly see their types, they just have no idea who they are and they can't see them. (And too afraid to look and see themselves, for fear of what they will find).

I think the DSM-IV fails to make this clear. I don't think it was meant to make it clear, but that can add to the confusion of the person being told they are sick. I think the administrator might type the ill person at the same time they are being told they have an illness. That seems fair and might lead to more understanding of themselves and less confusion. Here, you have this mental illness, sure, but THIS is (somewhat) a description of who you are.

btw, I do not think Asperger's is a mental illness lol.....