User Tag List

First 3111213

Results 121 to 125 of 125

  1. #121
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    A few points:

    * ENFPs are said to be one of the most introverted E types, especially if they aren't Sevens. Finding out which function is your dominant might help. How do you use Ne?

    * Which description of the 9w8 did you have your mother evaluate? It could be an important piece of evidence...

    * In your video, you sounded antiauthoritarian and nonconformistic. You could be a 4w5 (your dislike of people you consider intelectually inferior, as you said in the video, seems to support that ), but you could also be a counterphobic Six (vigilant towards authority figures, like Christopher Hitchens and George Orwell) or - less likely, IMO - a 9w8 (more antiauthoritarian and assertive than 9w1s, though also more diffuse - you mentioned "skipping" from one interest to another in the video).

    Hope I helped! With luck, I shall discover more and give you more precise feedback.
    Based on this, 7w8, assuming SI is the ENFP type. Similarities between type descriptions on the Enneagram are an infinite source of confusion. (I thought the ESFP acted more extraverted than the ENFP as a rule?) The only other possibility I see would be the 2w3, but that depends on primary motive. I don't necessarily follow the "enneatype 2 = Fe" rule for any types, its only a rule of thumb that does not account for the influence of wings which could be anywhere from strong to nearly non-existent.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Based on this, 7w8, assuming SI is the ENFP type. Similarities between type descriptions on the Enneagram are an infinite source of confusion. (I thought the ESFP acted more extraverted than the ENFP as a rule?) The only other possibility I see would be the 2w3, but that depends on primary motive. I don't necessarily follow the "enneatype 2 = Fe" rule for any types, its only a rule of thumb that does not account for the influence of wings which could be anywhere from strong to nearly non-existent.
    Well I'm certain that I'm INFP as of now, but your saying I'm probably 7w8 or 2w3 dom in my tritype?

  3. #123
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Well I'm certain that I'm INFP as of now, but your saying I'm probably 7w8 or 2w3 dom in my tritype?
    Nope, just responding to an older comment. If you're still looking for your enneatype, have you looked into 6w5?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Nope, just responding to an older comment. If you're still looking for your enneatype, have you looked into 6w5?
    I've actually put 1w9 on for a try

    As for the other two, they both should go something like this: 4w3 and 6w5, or 4w5 and 6w7; 4 and 6 are definite, the wings, not so much.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I've actually put 1w9 on for a try

    As for the other two, they both should go something like this: 4w3 and 6w5, or 4w5 and 6w7; 4 and 6 are definite, the wings, not so much.
    If you're a type 1w9 with MBTI Perceiving, then your 9-wing is very much overpowering the usually J-dominant 1. A P type 1 is inconceivable systematically, but in reality anything is possible. I've read some of your other responses and you appear to come out more toward the 4 than 6 or 1. A type 4 integrates to higher level 1. Type 4 in the Riso Enneagram is called "The Individualist," type 1 is called "The Reformer." The 4w3 is called "The Aristocrat" and the 5-wing is called "The Bohemian."

    The reason I may hesitate between 4 and 6 (without considering 1 as optional) is because of your INFP. This indicates you may be both Fi and Ni, just as I am both Ti and Ni with one or the other taking dominance depending on circumstances. But they influence one another greatly.

    According to non-traditional MBTI, if you have two traits dominating then there is no single MBTI type answer. It's simplistic formula does not always match human beings in the particular. There is no reason to even believe there are exactly 16 types. But in the Enneagram this situation can more easily be accommodated for because of wing-theory.

    The Fi, according to Riso, corresponds to type 6, the Ni corresponds to type 4. The type 1 extraverts intuition (Ne, desiring to reshape reality so that it conforms to one's idea of what should be in reality). A type 1 more likely thinks in terms of destiny, especially at the higher levels of integration. A type 1 is more likely to be some kind of visionary, the "vision" regarding what should be in reality versus what already is. At lower levels of integration the visionary does not act on the vision, having lost self-confidence, but acts out the envisioned life-purpose and plan in 'unhealthier' ways.

    edit: "Trying on" a type, as you stated, has a distinctly 3-ish aura surrounding it. Anything you say can and will be used to help you determine type, even the fact that you are trying on a type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Is INFP the airhead type?
    By neo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 04:19 PM
  2. This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)
    By Savage Idealist in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
  3. how easy is it to change Type?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
  4. Life is kicking the shit outta me!
    By Samvega in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
  5. Is it easier to type your own?
    By Mort Belfry in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO