• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Phototype These People

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm curious if phototyping is possible and how one goes about doing it. Help me out by phototyping the following people and providing reasons for your choice. I know all of these people.

Photo 1:

n1426380061_30028289_5054.jpg

Photo 2:

n4304132_30476111_2441.jpg

Photo 3:

n613695272_2445534_7084.jpg

Photo 4:

n1426380061_30023844_6380.jpg

Photo 5:

n1426380030_30021866_5313.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v194/0/15/613695272/n613695272_2445534_7084.jpghttp://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/227/76/4304132/n4304132_30476111_2441.jpg

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
1: INTJ
2: ENFP
3: ISFP
4: INFP
5: ESTJ Edit: ENTJ

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All the ones with glasses: INFP, All those without glasses: ESFJ.

Just kidding. I don't believe in this photo-typing stuff at all, but I also thought I would completely fail at the Eye-Emotion-Test. (I still don't think anything other than E/I could probably be determined reliably.)

So wild guesses:
1. INTP
2. ENTJ
3. ESFP
4. INFJ
5. ESTP

(Do we get a prize for guessing the most correctly?)
Also, did you pick these photos in order to display their type more obviously? I mean, if they were all driver-license/passport style... do you think it would be harder?

Last edited:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i'm not good at photo typing, because i don't think it's actually possible to type someone just by photographs alone. However, here are my guesses.

1. INTP
2. ENFJ
3. ISTP
4. INFJ
5. ENTP

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. INFP who thinks she's INTP
2. ENFP
3. INFJ
4. Insecure
5. ENTJ (evil)

Moved from MBTI.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Guesses:

Photo 1: INTJ (2), INTP (2), INFP
Photo 2: ENFP (2), ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ
Photo 3: ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, ISTP, INFJ
Photo 4: INFP (2), INFJ (2), Insecure
Photo 5: ENTJ (2), ESTP, INTJ, ENTP

Answers:

Photo 1: INTP

This is a picture of me.

Photo 2: ISFJ

This one has been hard to test. She tested as an ISFJ on a test I consider poor, however she is a borderline Introver/Extravert, and has many NF characteristics. She's the kind of person to whom everyone goes for advice. She socializes, but not with extreme frequency. She's not overbearing like the ESFJs I've known. She's content being passive, which is why I listed her as ISFJ. She's my unofficially adopted big sister.

Photo 3: ENFP

This good friend of mine is what I think of when I think of an F. I often tease him for being more of a woman than I am. I tried to trip you up here by using a picture of him with his eyes closed and with headphones on. I feel that connotes Introversion.

Photo 4: INTJ (Insecure is also an acceptable answer)

Once again, I tried to trip you up by showing him in an emotional situation. This person is a very strong Introvert, and a very strong Thinker. He's very attached to rules, order, and logic. He likes to argue, but is painfully shy in other contexts. I'm also dating him.

Photo 5: INTJ

I thought this one might have been easier than it appears to have been. This is who I think of when I think of the evil scheming INTJ. She's misanthropic to a great degree, detached from her emotions, and strongly Ni. We get along famously.

Between 5 guessers, 3 of 5 were correctly identified. My conclusion is that phototyping sometimes works, but is generally inconclusive.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah i only knew the first one was an INTP, because i knew it was you. =)

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Interesting post Urchin, capitalizing on appearance as a clue to personality type. However, this is just a suggestion, but maybe it would be more consistent to have the same photo taken of everyone, smiling, in the same pose, under similar lighting conditions for this personality affect to be more accurate.

Personally speaking, I thought you were the most conniving evil looking character there! :) It's the same thing with road rage. The most innocuous looking person will be the driver most full of rage and anger, cutting people off, and honking left and right and nearly causing multiple accidents when in person they tend to be submissive types who seemingly seem passive.

Anyhow, still very interesting- enjoyed the pics!