User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    We are similar types, but in my experience, INFJs tend to let their emotions take more of a front seat. Do you find yourself wishing you hadn't rushed into something or had mulled over it a bit more? Do you relate well or empathize to people? You may be an INFJ.
    INTJs tend to overthink and overanalyze situations quite a bit. Have you ever thought to yourself after making a decision "Well, that was a lot easier than I was expecting... I wonder why I complicated it so much?" Have you ever taken a person's words and dissected them, looking for a conclusion to draw? You may be an INTJ.
    I just want to clarify a few things. I think you may have an inaccurate conception of INFJ's, if you think that INFJ's don't mull over things, don't overanalyze, and don't really think before leaping. I can't think of any INFJ, honestly, who rushes into things. We tend to be very deliberate creatures. This sort of thing comes up quite often in various INFJ threads on this site. Also, I would be careful to tie emotions with the 'F'. Now what INFJ's DO do, as opposed to INTJ's, is perhaps factor in the people-and-relationship-data into their decision-making process, and consider that very relevant/important to their decision, just as INTJ will be focusing more purely on Te / with Te goals in mind. However, this has little to do with emotion in and of itself.

Also, Ni+Fe+Ti is all about taking a persons' words and behaviors and dissecting/analyzing them!!!

Especially with Ti factored in, INFJ's can be incredibly over-analytical to the point where it can lead to suspension of action for a time. So the opposite of rushing into things!!

(Rushing into things is perhaps more of an E and/or P trait? (i.e. E = tendency to speak/act before processing, and P = tendency to keep things more open-ended and various options open, thus not perhaps 'caring' about a particular route.. i.e. exploring is a means of discovering/processing?) Not really sure which it would tie more directly to.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yeah, I'd say that INFJs are anything but impulsive! Our problem is overanalysis. It's more directed towards the area of interpersonal interaction though than anything else. While emotions are definitely a part of our makeup, I think if anything we tend to give more credence to other people's emotions over our own at times or have our own sneak up on us if we aren't careful. Most INFJs have to spend some time developing strong boundaries or else they are inundated by people who will suck them dry or who overstep. The issue is not that INFJs don't notice this happening, but rather than they feel that they need credible evidence to back up or validate what they feel. They also want to do whatever is within their own power to improve a situation before expecting others to do so. This can make for some bad relationship dynamics at times.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

My bad! What I wrote was unfortunately a poorly-worded explanation of what I was actually trying to say, which would have been something along the lines of what you posted, cascadeco (though I still maintain that you guys have more emphasis on the emotional than INTJs...), if I had an easier time of expressing my thoughts.
    Since I am not an INFJ, I cannot explain that type as well as I can my own, so please, do not consider my descriptions even attempting to be expert.

To the OP: listen to these nice folks and see if any of what they are saying sounds true of yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

One question for you. Do you see patterns in social interactions and try to adjust your responses according to them? This is something I've found INxJs do a lot.

Have you looked over those descriptions?
    Engineer, to your first question I am not certain. I don't typically try to adjust myself in order to accommodate those who I don't know well.... At least not consciously I don't think.

And yes, I have looked over the descriptions about a million times over the last couple of years. I think the issue is that I just don't fit one perfectly (which I am sure is the case with a lot of people).

Thanks for all of the input Engineer!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    While emotions are definitely a part of our makeup, I think if anything we tend to give more credence to other people's emotions over our own at times or have our own sneak up on us if we aren't careful. Most INFJs have to spend some time developing strong boundaries or else they are inundated by people who will suck them dry or who overstep. The issue is not that INFJs don't notice this happening, but rather than they feel that they need credible evidence to back up or validate what they feel. They also want to do whatever is within their own power to improve a situation before expecting others to do so. This can make for some bad relationship dynamics at times.
    If by this you mean that sometimes we can be walked on a bit then that is definitely me. I am always wondering if someone is trying to take advantage of me but I won't know for certain so I can't say anything just in case they aren't. If that makes sense.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

this is just a general correlation, but INFJs tend to be quite neurotic while INTJs are possibly the least neurotic of all the types