• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
of course you can. otherwise there would be no such thing as a good actor.

But actors have directors and are hand picked.. for whatever to be able to successfully deviate from her own personality willy nilly is going to take some evidence in the form of future posts.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) past posts have evidence as well if you read them right! :devil:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Am I not making sense anymore? :laugh:

You were trying to be an S in the past, so your style of posting will change, now that you are openly N, right?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) you were making sense- I was busy messing with your blog at the time :tongue:

I might post more in some different threads... in hopes that someone might read my posts! :holy:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:hug: wildcat! :)

I've been rather amazed at what influence a person's type underneath thier avatar has... I've been amazed that people frequently overlook posts with double meanings...
:hug: whatever! :)

Correct :D
Every day you learn new things!
Welcome to step out of the closet! :happy2:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Don't you remember? When you asked the forum to type you. If you want me too, I'll be glad to question your type again.:D

Sure, go ahead. :D

Just as long as you aren't as crazy as INTJmom and declare I'm ENFP. ;)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Sure, go ahead. :D

Just as long as you aren't as crazy as INTJmom and declare I'm ENFP. ;)

I'm even crazier! And high on pain!

You're an ENTP!

ISTP!

INFJ!

err

ISTJ!

ALLLLLL!

:wacko:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
;) past posts have evidence as well if you read them right! :devil:

;) you were making sense- I was busy messing with your blog at the time :tongue:

I might post more in some different threads... in hopes that someone might read my posts! :holy:

Well you know my rule:
1) No more than 2 smilies and 1 exclamation mark per post!! :hi: :hug:
2) Each sentence must have a final punctuation mark

By that standard, the last post I read of yours was this one, and technically, it still broke rule #2!! :) ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ
This forum in general and this thread in particular remind me of a line in Ghostbusters.

"Human sacrifice...cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria!"

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallulah
I haven't been around enough long enough to know whatever, but I really don't like the idea of being part of a social experiment that no one knew they were participating in. It's manipulative, and as substitute said earlier, proves nothing. There are far too many factors involved to accurately read people's reaction to one poster who is admittedly "acting."

I'm not saying it makes whatever a bad person or that she was being manipulative in the sense of having bad intent, but I'm sure it will make some people a little skittish around her, and it may make people a little less likely to accept what other posters say as truth about themselves.

I think you're overreacting.

Edahn, I, respectfully, have to disagree with that.. and I'm not in a bad mood... as you later expressed your sympathies to Tallulah for being in one.

There are all kinds of people on this group with varying experiences going into who they are and what affects them. Some will be very affected being used in any professional or amateur experiment.... there are reasons pros have to obtain a signature. Those who are adversely affected don't need to be told they're "over-reacting." Who says? Smacks of insensitivity on your part. I think you should think about your new mod status when you posst. JMHO And, in my book, no one needs to qualify their position with being in a "bad mood." Which, incidentally, I've seen alot more of since this thing started.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Personally I found this kind of funny... I don't think its anything to get hung up about. Whatever is still an awesome member and we're all still going to enjoy what she has to say.

ESTP, ENTP... she's a person! Lets celebrate that! We celebrated her ESTPness, even if it was fake, but now I think we can truely celebrate her ENTPness. Really, to me, this whole "experiment" is very ENTPish!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I found this kind of funny... I don't think its anything to get hung up about. Whatever is still an awesome member and we're all still going to enjoy what she has to say.

ESTP, ENTP... she's a person! Lets celebrate that! We celebrated her ESTPness, even if it was fake, but now I think we can truely celebrate her ENTPness. Really, to me, this whole "experiment" is very ENTPish!

ENTPness? Whatever's ENT -- Ears, Nose, and Throat, I get that part -- but Whatever's Pness? :shock: Now that is an important issue that Whatever absolutely needs to come clean about!!!

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school :)

I'd lurked on this site for a bit before joining it and had noticed a bias against Sensors- the idea that they are generally less intelligent, less interesting and in general probably worse people than Ns are. This annoyed me, since a good number of my friends and family members are Sensors, so I joined the site as a Sensor just to see what would happen. I played up my Se (lucky for me it isn't weak) and downplayed my Ne in order to fit the image and jumped right in. After a while, people started to be a bit nicer about Sensors, and aknowledge that sometimes they aren't idiots. It was kind of fun to play a different part for a while :devil:

I'm still the same person, anything not related to my type that I've said has been true.

I still sense some bias against Sensors around here- nobody seems to want to be one for instance- so can you please tell me why? :huh: Would you have acted any differently towards me if I had joined as an ENTP?

people were catching onto me so I had to come out of the closet

For me, it comes down to the stereotype of "grounded" vs "head in the clouds" and to me, whenever I hear someone describe themselves as "grounded" (right or wrong, that word tends to get linked to "S" types), I cringe and make a mental note to be very cautios when sharing my ideas with them - and if I don't feel comfortabel sharing my ideas with someone, it tends to make conversation boring and/or awkward.

I think there is also a bit "bad apple" effect where most of the population is "S" types so when we see someone that rubs us the wrong way and we believe them to be an "S" type, we start building this mental database of all these people we dislike and associate it with "S" behavior mostly because when "N" behavior is extreme enough to notice and make a negative impression, a mental condition (neurotic, OCD, delusional etc) is a likely enough possibility that we are more ready to dismiss it as an abnormality of type rather than part of the pattern of all of the type.

FWIW, I'd like to see more active "ISFx" types here to get a better idea of the real differences between IxFx types (we seem to have a good share of interesting xSTx types that do a good job of representing their types). (its possible there may be some here and I've just not taken notice of their type)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Intuitives tend to have a glazed "deer in the head lights" look that sensors tend not have.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Intuitives tend to have a glazed "deer in the head lights" look that sensors tend not have.

I'm sure Whatever doesn't have a glazed "deer in the headlights" look. :)

I know plenty of NTs and I've never seen that look.

Jae Rae