• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school :)

I'd lurked on this site for a bit before joining it and had noticed a bias against Sensors- the idea that they are generally less intelligent, less interesting and in general probably worse people than Ns are. This annoyed me, since a good number of my friends and family members are Sensors, so I joined the site as a Sensor just to see what would happen. I played up my Se (lucky for me it isn't weak) and downplayed my Ne in order to fit the image and jumped right in. After a while, people started to be a bit nicer about Sensors, and aknowledge that sometimes they aren't idiots. It was kind of fun to play a different part for a while :devil:

I'm still the same person, anything not related to my type that I've said has been true.

I still sense some bias against Sensors around here- nobody seems to want to be one for instance- so can you please tell me why? :huh: Would you have acted any differently towards me if I had joined as an ENTP?

people were catching onto me so I had to come out of the closet

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might have actually reinforced my opinion, since I said I don't like ESTPs, and I was trying to reconsider that sentiment for your sake.
Well, what do you know? I apparently still don't like ESTPs.

... There's such a horrible lack of variety around this place. :dry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1: @ Dana! You're doing a perfect impression of me! :doh:

and sorry Spongie :hug: didn't mean to throw you off there- but I DO know an ESTP who you would probably like! :)

and I just made your day there didn't I dissonance :thelook:

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well! From now on when there's no type below the avatar, I'm just going to assume they're ISTJ even if they aren't swearing at me.:devil:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
What a shock! I'm totally outraged! How utterly terrible! :steam:

Ok, maybe not. :D

Why doesn't anyone ever question my type? Am I that much of a stereotypical INFJ? :cry:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
You mean, after the 7 years of silent retreat that you're gonna take to compensate for all the Extraverted work of saving all the children in Africa :D ?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
What a shock! I'm totally outraged! How utterly terrible! :steam:

Ok, maybe not. :D

Why doesn't anyone ever question my type? Am I that much of a stereotypical INFJ? :cry:

You never questioned mine either. :cheese:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
You mean, after the 7 years of silent retreat that you're gonna take to compensate for all the Extraverted work of saving all the children in Africa :D ?

:rofl1:

What? You don't think I can save all the children in Africa from my apartment via the Internet? :huh:

Dang, and that was totally my plan! :BangHead:

You never questioned mine either. :cheese:

How could I question the gold standard of ENTPs? ;)

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
What? You don't think I can save all the children in Africa from my apartment via the Internet? :huh:

Dang, and that was totally my plan! :BangHead:
:laugh: :laugh:

My Perfect World: a world where *everything* physical/practical can be accomplished through typing on the Internet :D

ygolo

My termites win
Well, at least we still have YourLocalJesus to claim as our very own ESTP.

Not many posters here are ESTPs.

I've always found the S/N dichotomy the hardest to understand. What the hell is iNtuition anyway? I've never felt "intuitive," but a preference for the abstract over the concrete, yes.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
even s*x? :shock:
Hmm... Tough one... But yeah, I think so :D I'm pretty good at writing very sensually evocative stuff, and I'm very receptive to it too when reading, so I do think that even sex would be greatly enhanced for me if I could WRITE all about it :laugh:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school :)

You are a naughty ENTP! :nono:
I believed in you! :thelook:
:sadbanana:

I still like SP's. :blush:
I do like ENTP's too even if some of them are wicked.

How many else here isn't what they say they are?
Probably quite many.
I'm sad now. :(