• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The only reason we started thinking sensors aren't actually idiots is because you are clearly not an idiot.
Mother, you do recall the conversation we had about reformatting things so it didn't poke people in the eye ;)

A classic piece of INTJ "No I didn't mean it like that!!".

:rofl1:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You might have actually reinforced my opinion, since I said I don't like ESTPs, and I was trying to reconsider that sentiment for your sake.
I know how you feel.

Meeeh! Don't do that :steam: !! Do you realise that some of us can't help but look at people of an "exotic" type to try and get a feel of what that type in general is like? Here I was trying to get an understanding of what ESTPs might be like based on you, and bam, turns out you were never an ESTP to begin with :doh: !?
I second that.

Why doesn't anyone ever question my type? Am I that much of a stereotypical INFJ? :cry:
No. I think you're an ENFP.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mother, you do recall the conversation we had about reformatting things so it didn't poke people in the eye ;)

A classic piece of INTJ "No I didn't mean it like that!!".

:rofl1:
That's why I added the disclaimer at the bottom.
You should have seen the nasty part about INTPs that I took out before I posted.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's why I added the disclaimer at the bottom.
You should have seen the nasty part about INTPs that I took out before I posted.
That's just mean spirited!!

You know I love those bits :(

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
So does this mean we're gonna start seeing some killer ENTP responses to threads?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
How many else here isn't what they say they are?
Probably quite many.
I'm sad now. :(
Me, too.

I'm an equal opportunity disliker of many people regardless of their type. ...
ROFL!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

...Many liars are fooling themselves more than they fool others and INTJs are very good liars, just not in these terms. Mostly through pounding their point home regardless of opposition convincing themselves that they have all the relevant material. It takes a lot of work to point out that piece of con artistry.
Well! Harumph! :steam:
wink.gif

please realize- nothing I did was out of malice :cry:
Will keep that in mind. :hug:

:steam: I don't want to be described as Mom.
I'm not your mom anyway. :D
I think he's referring to a statement I made in another thread.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
:D

By the way, what does it feel like to have two INFJs saying they'd like to be your type if they could choose? (I mean, ESFJ *is* your type, right, you didn't choose it just to confuse people like me, did you?)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I suspect I married one and I wouldn't do that if I were you. And I can tell you.. the problem is NOT ME being incomprehensible... boy, the stories I could tell.:yes:
Errm... the missus... sorry the fiancee.. is an ESTP.

Tell me about it ;)

Still it wouldn't be as entertaining if I knew what the hell she thought she was doing half the time. The mystery makes it more fun.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I suspect I married one and I wouldn't do that if I were you. And I can tell you.. the problem is NOT ME being incomprehensible... boy, the stories I could tell.:yes:
Don't I KNOW it!
Don't get me wrong. My ISTP husband is the man of my dreams and we had our 25th anniversary last year, but MAN! EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. it's the same stupid S vs N misunderstandings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little tired of it.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
:D

By the way, what does it feel like to have two INFJs saying they'd like to be your type if they could choose? (I mean, ESFJ *is* your type, right, you didn't choose it just to confuse people like me, did you?)

It's interesting, since I am newer here, and I don't really try to "type" people I know. I have had at least one person on here say that they thought I was ENFP or ENFJ, although most people I know who have seen the descriptions of types think I am ESFJ all the way. I guess that I would like to know what particular traits would make ESFJ appeal to you? Extroversion? I am a pretty extreme Extrovert, that would be my dominant trait, I would say. The Sensing/Intuitive dichotomy is the least intelligible to me, and I barely scored S when I tested. I like being a "people" person, and I like being someone in touch with his emotions, but my world view can be very rigid, and not living up to standards (by myself or someone else) gets me down. As to your type, I respect people who think deeply before they speak or weigh in on a subject. My brain/mouth work so fast and I have such strong, instantaneous feelings and notions that I can really be overwhelming, or offend someone totally unwittingly. It's hard to look at things from someone else's perspective for me, too. And that is a particular weakness, since I am a weird guy and my viewpoint is not near the mainstream much of the time.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Don't I KNOW it!
Don't get me wrong. My ISTP husband is the man of my dreams and we had our 25th anniversary last year, but MAN! EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. it's the same stupid S vs N misunderstandings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little tired of it.
Dunno if it's any better but we seem to suffer more from the whole EP versus IP thing. We can follow each other's thought train when the other takes the time to actually go through it instead of skipping out the "boring bits".

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess that I would like to know what particular traits would make ESFJ appeal to you?
All of them :D ?

Extroversion? I am a pretty extreme Extrovert, that would be my dominant trait, I would say.
I'd love to *not* have to run away from people regularly :dont:

The Sensing/Intuitive dichotomy is the least intelligible to me, and I barely scored S when I tested.
Quite frankly, unless you're some kind of Wise Advisor, Ni, and especially DomNi can be a bit of a burden in every day life. For me at least. Having my mind constantly rearranging my ideas, never knowing for sure what I believe... Ugh, tiring.

I like being a "people" person,
I so want to be DomFe! Not sure why. Just that I value that more than anything else, I guess, this ability to be devoted to others, to the group.

and I like being someone in touch with his emotions, but my world view can be very rigid, and not living up to standards (by myself or someone else) gets me down.
Not much different than me, there.

It's hard to look at things from someone else's perspective for me, too.
And it's tiring to *always* be trying to look at things from someone else's perspective :shock:

We all use the same information.
No we don't. We all have the same information available to us, true, but none of us actually perceives all that information - we can't, our brain would explode. So we filter, we select. And Sensors and iNtuitives use different filters, and consequently don't absorb the same information.

Saying that an SP, for example, uses the same information I do, would be ridiculous, considering how incredibly *little* I am aware of my surroundings. They take in information I don't even notice, and vice versa.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Seanan, That could be a conversation between my husband and myself, but when I say "huh," he says, "am I doing it again?" He's almost 56. They do mellow with age and learn about themselves. If yours is young, there is hope!:D

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Really? You actually come across as an ESFP to me, but then again, I haven't interacted with you at all.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
If this is true, I always thought whatever seemed to be playing an ESFP. My natural reaction is to see Fs as female and Ts as male. whatever was ambiguous.

Also, I did have difficulty believing that whatever was anything like my father, who is almost certainly an ESXP. YLJ, on the other hand, seems very similar.

As I have said elsewhere: We have a lot of Sensors that have either switched to avoid stereotypes or they're deceiving themselves (some unintentionally).

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Really? You actually come across as an ESFP to me, but then again, I haven't interacted with you at all.
I would somewhat agree with this. You very much remind me of an ESFP friend of mine and just so you know she's no dummy. ;) You may be an S whose leaning more towards T as I am with the F/T I/E thing.

You're not sulking are you?

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Seanan, That could be a conversation between my husband and myself, but when I say "huh," he says, "am I doing it again?" He's almost 56. They do mellow with age and learn about themselves. If yours is young, there is hope!:D

:doh: there's no hope... he's older! geez... he has mellowed so to speak with the "moods" but the communications seems worse actually... either that or he's talking more with age... yeh, that's it.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Sensor Bias: or why I've been lying...

As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school :)

How do we know you're not lying to us now?

Half of me wonders if you shouldn't be drawn and quartered for knowingly deceiving us for as long as you did.

The other half admires your moxie and thinks "well played."

Such is the diabolical allure of the ENTP.

(Still, I'm surprised there weren't more torches and pitchforks in response to your revelation.)