User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

This forum in general and this thread in particular remind me of a line in Ghostbusters.

"Human sacrifice...cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria!"
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I'm even crazier! And high on pain!

You're an ENTP!

ISTP!

INFJ!

err

ISTJ!

ALLLLLL!

Yes! That is it! I am the Omni-type! I am all, I know all, I see all! All other types must bow down before my omnipotence!

*cue evil laugh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallulah
    I haven't been around enough long enough to know whatever, but I really don't like the idea of being part of a social experiment that no one knew they were participating in. It's manipulative, and as substitute said earlier, proves nothing. There are far too many factors involved to accurately read people's reaction to one poster who is admittedly "acting."

I'm not saying it makes whatever a bad person or that she was being manipulative in the sense of having bad intent, but I'm sure it will make some people a little skittish around her, and it may make people a little less likely to accept what other posters say as truth about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I think you're overreacting.
    Edahn, I, respectfully, have to disagree with that.. and I'm not in a bad mood... as you later expressed your sympathies to Tallulah for being in one.

There are all kinds of people on this group with varying experiences going into who they are and what affects them. Some will be very affected being used in any professional or amateur experiment.... there are reasons pros have to obtain a signature. Those who are adversely affected don't need to be told they're "over-reacting." Who says? Smacks of insensitivity on your part. I think you should think about your new mod status when you posst. JMHO And, in my book, no one needs to qualify their position with being in a "bad mood." Which, incidentally, I've seen alot more of since this thing started.

MBTI
    infp

Personally I found this kind of funny... I don't think its anything to get hung up about. Whatever is still an awesome member and we're all still going to enjoy what she has to say.

ESTP, ENTP... she's a person! Lets celebrate that! We celebrated her ESTPness, even if it was fake, but now I think we can truely celebrate her ENTPness. Really, to me, this whole "experiment" is very ENTPish!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Personally I found this kind of funny... I don't think its anything to get hung up about. Whatever is still an awesome member and we're all still going to enjoy what she has to say.

ESTP, ENTP... she's a person! Lets celebrate that! We celebrated her ESTPness, even if it was fake, but now I think we can truely celebrate her ENTPness. Really, to me, this whole "experiment" is very ENTPish!
    ENTPness? Whatever's ENT -- Ears, Nose, and Throat, I get that part -- but Whatever's Pness? Now that is an important issue that Whatever absolutely needs to come clean about!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    ESTP, ENTP... she's a person! Lets celebrate that! We celebrated her ESTPness, even if it was fake...
    Was it?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some posts moved here.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school

I'd lurked on this site for a bit before joining it and had noticed a bias against Sensors- the idea that they are generally less intelligent, less interesting and in general probably worse people than Ns are. This annoyed me, since a good number of my friends and family members are Sensors, so I joined the site as a Sensor just to see what would happen. I played up my Se (lucky for me it isn't weak) and downplayed my Ne in order to fit the image and jumped right in. After a while, people started to be a bit nicer about Sensors, and aknowledge that sometimes they aren't idiots. It was kind of fun to play a different part for a while

I'm still the same person, anything not related to my type that I've said has been true.

I still sense some bias against Sensors around here- nobody seems to want to be one for instance- so can you please tell me why? Would you have acted any differently towards me if I had joined as an ENTP?

people were catching onto me so I had to come out of the closet
    For me, it comes down to the stereotype of "grounded" vs "head in the clouds" and to me, whenever I hear someone describe themselves as "grounded" (right or wrong, that word tends to get linked to "S" types), I cringe and make a mental note to be very cautios when sharing my ideas with them - and if I don't feel comfortabel sharing my ideas with someone, it tends to make conversation boring and/or awkward.

I think there is also a bit "bad apple" effect where most of the population is "S" types so when we see someone that rubs us the wrong way and we believe them to be an "S" type, we start building this mental database of all these people we dislike and associate it with "S" behavior mostly because when "N" behavior is extreme enough to notice and make a negative impression, a mental condition (neurotic, OCD, delusional etc) is a likely enough possibility that we are more ready to dismiss it as an abnormality of type rather than part of the pattern of all of the type.

FWIW, I'd like to see more active "ISFx" types here to get a better idea of the real differences between IxFx types (we seem to have a good share of interesting xSTx types that do a good job of representing their types). (its possible there may be some here and I've just not taken notice of their type)

MBTI
    xNTP

Intuitives tend to have a glazed "deer in the head lights" look that sensors tend not have.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Intuitives tend to have a glazed "deer in the head lights" look that sensors tend not have.
    I'm sure Whatever doesn't have a glazed "deer in the headlights" look.

I know plenty of NTs and I've never seen that look.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.