User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I've scored ENFP in the absolute happiest times in my life, like now Should this prove I'm ENFP, or should I think of this as something transitory? Like that falling in love elicits the use of F function, which regresses to mean when the relationship stabilizes, making me score as an ENTP again?
    Youre seeking connection and meaning....this should be a definite proof that youre ENFP!!
    As for F stabalising after being in relationship for long, I see it as the novice wearing off of something that was new and exciting at that time. I dont think its got anything to do with F and T functions....but rather a very very ENFP trait

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Greatest embarrassments ever..
    -answered a question in a huge math lecture (400 audience) correctly, failed to answer a follow-up question, got huge laughs on me
    -girl I loved made jokes at me, getting everybody to laugh at me, and treated me with ridicule in general.
    -had started a business and invested greatly in it, telling about my plans and living the life on a novice entrepreneur. I couldn't learn everything related to it, burned out and I was a low-lifer again.
    -not being able to hide my being a sexual person at a point of youth when I was insecure about it. Won't elaborate on this much, just that I was afraid to let it known that I had just a normal sexuality.
    -holding a speech in front of audience of 100 at a time of life when I was insecure about public performing, not being able to speak with magnificence, confidence and not being able to appear as a verbal and an intelligent person. Not being able to meet the expectations of the audience and meet the criteria for the performance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

Greatest embarrassments ever..
    -answered a question in a huge math lecture (400 audience) correctly, failed to answer a follow-up question, got huge laughs on me
    -girl I loved made jokes at me, getting everybody to laugh at me, and treated me with ridicule in general.
    -had started a business and invested greatly in it, telling about my plans and living the life on a novice entrepreneur. I couldn't learn everything related to it, burned out and I was a low-lifer again.
    -not being able to hide my being a sexual person at a point of youth when I was insecure about it. Won't elaborate on this much, just that I was afraid to let it known that I had just a normal sexuality.
    -holding a speech in front of audience of 100 at a time of life when I was insecure about public performing, not being able to speak with magnificence, confidence and not being able to appear as a verbal and an intelligent person. Not being able to meet the expectations of the audience and meet the criteria for the performance.
    What u on about?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    What u on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    What is classically you? That is the essence of you and can probably be relayed in those often told storied of how you screwed up horribly and with great embarrassment.

IMO it's the flaws we lose last when developing.
    So I focused on the embarrassment part of screwing up.

Xander, can you analyze from my responses what personality type they indicate? They are from ages 11-27 I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay I wasn't actually expecting an exposee. I'll not quote it incase you decide to delete it. Suffice to say that such transparency is more characteristic of an ENFP to my experience. Plus you have more examples of others being mean to you or your "logic machine" breaking down than you do where you stick your foot in your mouth and try to lick your inner thigh. I therefore guestimate your an ENFP.

I'm not saying "this is your type, go forth and proclaim yourself healed". I just prefer to be transparent about where my thinking is at.

Btw, do you feel that it is improbable that one type can actually suit you well enough to encompass all of your variety?

Edit :- 11-27? Jeez! You extroverted types and trying to squeeze so much into so few years. Not even thirty and been self employed already!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay I wasn't actually expecting an exposee. I'll not quote it incase you decide to delete it. Suffice to say that such transparency is more characteristic of an ENFP to my experience. Plus you have more examples of others being mean to you or your "logic machine" breaking down than you do where you stick your foot in your mouth and try to lick your inner thigh. I therefore guestimate your an ENFP.
    None of the embarrassments are any issue anymore. Interesting observations, Xander - I'll give them a thought. Still, being open about the issues isn't very indicative of my type, because I consider them as amusing or endearing more than anything else at the moment.
    I'm not saying "this is your type, go forth and proclaim yourself healed". I just prefer to be transparent about where my thinking is at.
    Yes of course
    Btw, do you feel that it is improbable that one type can actually suit you well enough to encompass all of your variety?
    I've long thought I'm a particularly badly definable person in MBTI, having many traits of ENTP,ENTJ and ENFP, even some INTP and ENFJ. I don't let my life depend on closure on this subject, so no worries, mate I'm perfrectly fine with ambiguity now that I've placed less importance on personality type and more on my actual life.

Edit :- 11-27? Jeez! You extroverted types and trying to squeeze so much into so few years. Not even thirty and been self employed already!
    And failed miserably!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Well you're certainly not an ITFP.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Apologies for the misdirection but there were buried testers in that post.

I shall illuminate as I go.
    None of the embarrassments are any issue anymore. Interesting observations, Xander - I'll give them a thought. Still, being open about the issues isn't very indicative of my type, because I consider them as amusing or endearing more than anything else at the moment.
    The choice of words (amusing, endearing) would be more indicative of an ENFP to my eyes plus not being defensive about failures and kind of laughing, shrugging and going "well, you know" is also more like the ENFPs I've known than most other types, well except ESFP and ESTP but I don't think you're considering those at present are you?
    Yes of course
    Always and ever in reference to probability.

I'd like to think that I don't ever really judge, merely analyse the probabilities and act accordingly.

Probably fail miserably though
    I've long thought I'm a particularly badly definable person in MBTI, having many traits of ENTP,ENTJ and ENFP, even some INTP and ENFJ. I don't let my life depend on closure on this subject, so no worries, mate I'm perfrectly fine with ambiguity now that I've placed less importance on personality type and more on my actual life.
    You sound more ENFP from this too. Basically you make some movement toward "thinking" types but it seems more of an off handed gesture. I@d expect and ENTP to go more for the "logical" types.

Oh and ENFPs and ENTPs tend to claim that they cannot be "pigeon-holed" and will rattle the bars as it were. They are all possibility and being typed seems far too final for their ever shifting nature.
    And failed miserably!
    I bet you learned a lot. Wish I had the cajones to do likewise.

I've had this conversation with an ENFP before in fact. Kudos for trying, screw if it was considered a success or not.

Anyhow I'm developing a bias now so I'll shut up and see what you reckon.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ

I felt the need to also mention that socionics is not the same as the mbti, or at least many sources stress this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Strengths and preferences are faulty in my experience. I've been scoring INTP and ESTJ on those kinds of test consistently. So you may actually still be an INFP in a phase.

The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesENFP
    The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesINFP

I have found these socionic profiles very informing. They tell you the fears and nightmares of each type!!
    What stereotypical dreck! But now you didn't ask for those websites to be made, did you? I forgive you.