• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who's up for a type challenge?!

B

beyondaurora

Hello. : ) A certain gentleman obliged me and took Kiersey's pen-and-paper test, and I'd love to give you the opportunity to confirm the results (to be posted after a decent number of replies). Thanks, and happy typing!

Hobbies/Interests
Fishing
Cooking
Playing darts
Raising his son
Wristwatches
UFC (on television)
Shoes
Going to the same, local bar, regularly
Skiing

Mottos/Sayings
"It is what it is."
"Systems, baby. Everything fits into a system." (When talking about how he operates throughout the day.)
"It's the little things." (When talking about romantic relationships.)
"We're in this together."
“I had a lot, a lot of fun. I don’t regret anything.” (When talking about his wild teenage/young adult years.)
“I leave my work at work and my home at home.”

Habits
Works 6 days a week. Voluntarily works double shifts 3 of those nights.
Doesn't have nor want credit cards. Pays for everything in cash.
Very thrifty with certain expenditures (i.e. groceries but not the bar tab!). Monitors family members' spending and critiques their spending habits.
Has a set, morning routine that he follows without fail.
Has specific places for his belongings but does not neatly put them in those places.
Chores first then leisure time.
Cigarette smoker.

Teenage/Young Adult Years
Totaled 11 cars from driving recklessly / racing.
Fought in street fights for money.
Traveled to 43 countries.
Was very sexually promiscuous (not that it’s an excuse, but he’s European).
Developed a major binge-drinking problem that he quit cold turkey when he started to lose his friendships.

2-to-5-Year Life Goals
Buy a new car
Bring his brother to the U.S. from their home country
Buy a house
Become manager at the restaurant at which he works
Be with his girlfriend
See more of the U.S.

Stances
Against the Iraq war and recent attacks on Libya ("We're only there for the oil! We didn't do anything in Cairo because they have nothing we want.").
Morally against abortion ("It's like a murder.") but would consider if his girlfriend got pregnant ("Think about it -- you have food, diapers, shots, clothing, and we live paycheck to paycheck.").
Is against anything that's illegal and "bad" (drugs) but is for illegal things that are "good" (loopholes that help people).
Against homosexuality ("It's not natural. God made men with penises and women with vaginas. They naturally go together.").
Very devoted to his family and says often that he would never cheat on his future wife.
Once his ex-wife left him for someone else, that was it. There was no consideration of going back to the relationship.

Communicating/Relating
Directing and commanding in communication style ("Do it this way. Pick that up. Blow out the candle. Do that first.)"
Wants to deal with conflicts right away, in the moment.
Shows his love through actions – cooking a meal, bringing home a favorite beverage, being a generous and attentive host.
When he makes a commitment to someone he follows through (and this is very important to him).
Asked for a list of things that make his girlfriend unhappy / unhappy that he does / can do.
Is not consistently affectionate and especially not in public. When he withdraws affection, girlfriend withdraws affection to match, which brings out a "Hey! Why aren't you hugging me?! Why didn't you kiss me hello?!" response from him.
Actively working on being more affectionate in public (his prompting).
Once he says something, he expects the other person to think of that as a final, unalterable statement/position.
Gets into conflict with INFP girlfriend when he makes statements like, “You’d be hotter with long hair. And I’d love you more,” and “You’re friend’s hair smells nice,” and “You shouldn’t feel that way. You’re being silly and acting like a child.”

:)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
there seems to be some use of Te and Si in there. So my guess would be ESTJ. Seems very settled, atleast. And not interested in changing his way unless there is no other way. Seems like the average of the average.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
XSTJ. Not sure of E or I. Don't let the teenage/young adult section fool you into thinking he's SP. Some SJs can exhibit reckless behavior, especially if they happen to get in with the wrong crowd or didn't have a healthy upbringing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, STJ.

The reason why people would automatically presume SPs exhibit more reckless behavior in young adulthood is because of lame Keirsey stereotypes.

An SJ who is under a great deal of stress can show NP traits (like recklessness) ...and an SJ raised in a particular environment, like SuchIrony said, can have Si which duplicates that environment or behavior.

I see a lot of Te and Si in this.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP or ESTJ

miyuki

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
ESTJ, what else. Cars, fights, sex. Screams ESTP until you get to habits and the schedules and things, pretty much.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS, BABY" EST much?

B

beyondaurora

Test Result...

Excellent guesses! He tested 90% E, 80% S, 60% F, and 100% J.

Obviously the F is incorrect. He is an ESTJ all the way.

I attribute his split T/F responses to a) language barriers (there were a lot of terms such as soft-hearted and hard-nosed which I had to explain to him) and b) that he recently got out of a long-term relationship with a person with personality disorders and drug addiction, so he has developed some strong, co-dependent traits.

Good job, all. :D (Now on to discover how to make this unholy INFP-ESTJ relationship work...)

P.S. Thanks for the insight into the seemingly SP, young-adulthood activities. That was really throwing me off in my analysis.

yeghor

Hello. : ) A certain gentleman obliged me and took Kiersey's pen-and-paper test, and I'd love to give you the opportunity to confirm the results (to be posted after a decent number of replies). Thanks, and happy typing!

Hobbies/Interests
UFC (on television)
Going to the same, local bar, regularly
Skiing

Teenage/Young Adult Years
Totaled 11 cars from driving recklessly / racing.
Fought in street fights for money.
Traveled to 43 countries.
Was very sexually promiscuous (not that it’s an excuse, but he’s European).
Developed a major binge-drinking problem that he quit cold turkey when he started to lose his friendships.

Communicating/Relating
Directing and commanding in communication style ("Do it this way. Pick that up. Blow out the candle. Do that first.)"
Wants to deal with conflicts right away, in the moment.
Shows his love through actions – cooking a meal, bringing home a favorite beverage, being a generous and attentive host.
When he makes a commitment to someone he follows through (and this is very important to him).
Asked for a list of things that make his girlfriend unhappy / unhappy that he does / can do.
Is not consistently affectionate and especially not in public. When he withdraws affection, girlfriend withdraws affection to match, which brings out a "Hey! Why aren't you hugging me?! Why didn't you kiss me hello?!" response from him.

Old thread. ESxP, leaning towards ESTP. Definitely not ESTJ.