User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What? I don't dress goth. I dress dark, but that's not automatically goth.
    Whatever... that wasn't really the point.

MBTI
    INFP

I think Edahn is saying that your Fi is trying to express itself in your style of dress. Which is indicative of INFP.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I honestly thought it was a joke.

For a long time, I dressed in sweat clothes and walked bare-foot.
    When I was sixteen or so, I started dressing differently.
    It is a matter of my personal taste and identity I suppose, but I don't think you can go guessing someone's type on their atire.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

heart on fire

To be fair, atire is part of the overall picture though.

MBTI
    INFP

You seem like a person with strong Fi, strong Ti and strong Ne. Easy as that. Whether you call yourself INFP, INXP or INTP doesn't really matter. From what I see both INTP and INFP fit you rather well, neither is an exact match.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I think Edahn is saying that your Fi is trying to express itself in your style of dress. Which is indicative of INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I honestly thought it was a joke.

For a long time, I dressed in sweat clothes and walked bare-foot.
    When I was sixteen or so, I started dressing differently.
    It is a matter of my personal taste and identity I suppose, but I don't think you can go guessing someone's type on their atire.
    Actually, no, I just wanted to see how he went about answering a question like that -- what words, what meaning, what ideas, etc. I'm still hoping you answer the other questions I posed, though.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What do you read about?
    Mostly non-fictional books. Text-book or essay. I read about the things that come under the favorite subject section.

What's your favorite subject?
    That's a very broad question, which needs a broad answer.
    Sociology, psychology, government and politics. That kind of thing.
    History and anthropology are good, too.

How do you deal with difficult feelings?
    I play them down when I'm around people(except for the few circumstances when I want them to know I'm really pissed-off). I generally withdraw into myself and deliberate on my feelings and their cause, for possibly even hours at a time. It's a combination of problem solving and trying to center myself.
    I occasionally have to talk to people about them, but I'm very selective.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm back!

Magic, why I think you appear softer is simply high Ne, which can replicate an F. I've weird cognitive function results, so I can relate to your question.

Know folks are thinking my sis is an INFP too *lol*, so when you say you relate to her, that could be why. You're both in appearance, softer than many INTPs here. The line between the two is close. Nothing wrong with being an INXP too.

I think the impression of all INTPs is as crusty, cynical old farts for whom reality always falls short of ideals.

So the touches of whimsy you both exhibit makes you both appear F. INFPs and INTPs always do the loop-the-loop thinking. The difference is the INTP searches for flaws in perfection, and criticises people usually for being stupid. The INFP searches for something that makes them feel needed, simply. The tendency is to give, in a way, to bind people to them, but then feel used.

That need for everyone to be ok seems somehow ingrained in them, and they suffer for it.

The INTPs suffer for wanting perfection. I think your pain is due to things/circumstances falling short, not people as such?

The expectation of an INTP is always that they are harsher and always in the right, seeking a perfection of system and being. That is the absoluteness of T. Hence when you said logic and values being in sync, was more a T to me than an F, as it is an ideal. An F would see relativeness in most things, and think it was not possible in the first place.

The INFP whirls and whirls and whirls as they seek a clarity, as F, being based on the shifting sands of experience and values, means there is no permanence. INTPs tunnel or space out. *chuckles*

INTPs would be the same in almost all situations. The INFP could flip-flop a lot more. I think you exhibit that constancy (or stubborness ) of an INTP.

And a comfortable, happy INTP (is that an oxymoron) tends to be whimsical. .

*Carebear, whose avatar did you nick this time?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

My first thought of the magic spongie is INTP... However if you wish to be an INFP, I will not begrudge your decision.

Ae: Carebear stolen SH's old avatar... and burnt half his hair. I'm surprised he still has a copy of it.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    My first thought of the magic spongie is INTP... However if you wish to be an INFP, I will not begrudge your decision.

Ae: Carebear stolen SH's old avatar... and burnt half his hair. I'm surprised he still has a copy of it.
    Why're quite a few folks changing/questioning types though? *confused* I haven't been away that long have I?

mousie, Careboob probably has all our avatars filed away in a harddisk somewhere in India