• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Certainly an NF, but what's my type?

MissLizzy's type

• Total voters

MissLizzy

Oh well, I've been typed as all kinds of NF, except ENFJ, and even INTJ (but I know I'm not one). So, I want some help to decide what is my type and enneagram.

I seem, sometimes, out of this world, it's an outstanding characteristic of mine, while I was growing I became a little more "down-to earth", because of the needs of the life, you know. Since I was a child, I always had a great sense of self identity and originality. I always felt different of other people, and never changed to please them,or to "fit in" a group, even if it made me friendless in my childhood and teen years.

I am very tight-wounded. It made me very radical and protective of my values and myself before I became more mature, I was able to accept everybody, but if people didn't accept me, I started to be aggressive and to attack those people. Now I'm balanced about this, but still temperamental. And when I want something, I'll fight for it, subtly, but I will. I can act like a bomb, principally because of my over-sensitivity and the fact of hiding this sensitivity. People may think I'm a rock while I'm burning inside. I have the vice of hiding my feelings, too much... And when people start talking about them, or discover them, I feel like they're invading a sacred area, or stealing my deep hidden treasures, and I feel very uncomfortable and it gives me a great deal of stress. I express better my feelings in written words or physically, but only with people close to me. If someone hurts my feelings, they destroy me. I'm romantic too.

I need time alone, and privacy. Being with people all the time overwhelm me, and I start to become moody. But I really like to be with people I like, in one-on-one situations. I have a good sense of humor but its more irony, word plays, sarcarsm, confusing people, and some goofy things, sometimes. I have a clown mode that I often get into.

I always had a great intellectual curiosity, and I want to know about everything. I spend too much time thinking, some people say that I'm like a philosopher, hehe. I'm an avid reader and I love writing. I'm into linguistics and literature (I'm getting a major in it) and I love writing. I want to be a writer and a college teacher (though I'm quiet, I have no trouble with public speaking).

Any guesses? Someone could help me to find my enneagram too?

Thanks!

(Sorry about mistakes, English isn't my mother tongue...)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The whole "I feel different from others" and "romantic" part and having feelings at the core of you sounds like 4 traits, and the fact that you may also appear emotionally stoic, and more into intellectual pursuits, sounds like you've got a 5 wing. I also notice type 1 traits too, and the suppression of anger. You need your time alone, and privacy, so this is indicative of a self-preserving interaction style. I'd say you're a 4w5 sp/sx, with type 1 in your tri-type.

As for your MBTI type, INFJ.

What do you think?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was actually going to guess INFP and not INFJ. I see more evidence of Fi/Ne than Ni/Fe. I do agree with curious feeling that 4w5 is likely.

never changed to please the,or to "fit in" a group, even if it made me friendless in my childhood and teen years.

(I would think Fe would care more about fitting in. Fi is more about internal values, whether they fit with the groups values or not)

I can act like a bomb, principally because of my over-sensitivity and the fact of hiding this sensitivity. People may think I'm a rock while I'm burning inside. I have the vice of hiding my feelings, too much... And when people start talking about them, or discover them, I feel like they're invading a sacred area, or stealing my deep hidden treasures, and I feel very uncomfortable and it gives me a grat deal of stress

(Fi internalizes their feelings more. Fe is more expressive of their feelings)

I need time alone, and privacy. Being with people all the time overwhelm me, and I start to become moody. But I really like to be with people I like, in one-on-one situations.

(Overall, this suggests introversion. Introverts do like people but generally prefer one-one-one to larger groups. This applies to both INFP and INFJ)

I have a good sense of humor but its more irony, word plays, sarcarsm, confusing people, and some goofy things, sometimes. I have a clown mode that I often get into.

(Sounds like auxiliary Ne)

I always had a great intellectual curiosity, and I want to know about everything. I spend too much time thinking, some people say that I'm like a philosopher, hehe. I'm an avid reader and I love writing. I'm into linguistics and literature (I'm getting a major in it) and I love writing. I want to be a writer and a college teacher (though I'm quiet, I have no trouble with public speaking).

(I see this fitting all NFs)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your post screams Fi.

NFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The whole "I feel different from others" and "romantic" part and having feelings at the core of you sounds like 4 traits, and the fact that you may also appear emotionally stoic, and more into intellectual pursuits, sounds like you've got a 5 wing. I also notice type 1 traits too, and the suppression of anger. You need your time alone, and privacy, so this is indicative of a self-preserving interaction style. I'd say you're a 4w5 sp/sx, with type 1 in your tri-type.

As for your MBTI type, INFJ.

What do you think?

Feeling romantic or different from others could fit any NF - especially NFPs and INFJ...even ISFPs.

Aggressive defense of identity and personal beliefs doesn't sound Fe at all, especially when protection of that identity means not even having friends.

I'm not going to claim Ni over Ne, or Ne over Ni, but I believe the OPs preference for Fi is quite clear.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling romantic or different from others could fit any NF - especially NFPs and INFJ...even ISFPs.

Aggressive defense of identity and personal beliefs doesn't sound Fe at all, especially when protection of that identity means not even having friends.

I'm not going to claim Ni over Ne, or Ne over Ni, but I believe the OPs preference for Fi is quite clear.

After giving this further thought prior to reading your post, I had second thoughts about INFJ and thought that INFP fits better. But Enneagram type is consistent with 4 traits.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFP, enneagram 4w5 :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
After giving this further thought prior to reading your post, I had second thoughts about INFJ and thought that INFP fits better. But Enneagram type is consistent with 4 traits.

I agree about enneagram. :)

Ms. Tea

Oh well, I've been typed as all kinds of NF, except ENFJ, and even INTJ (but I know I'm not one). So, I want some help to decide what is my type and enneagram.

I seem, sometimes, out of this world, it's an outstanding characteristic of mine, while I was growing I became a little more "down-to earth", because of the needs of the life, you know. Since I was a child, I always had a great sense of self identity and originality. I always felt different of other people, and never changed to please them,or to "fit in" a group, even if it made me friendless in my childhood and teen years.

I am very tight-wounded. It made me very radical and protective of my values and myself before I became more mature, I was able to accept everybody, but if people didn't accept me, I started to be aggressive and to attack those people. Now I'm balanced about this, but still temperamental. And when I want something, I'll fight for it, subtly, but I will. I can act like a bomb, principally because of my over-sensitivity and the fact of hiding this sensitivity. People may think I'm a rock while I'm burning inside. I have the vice of hiding my feelings, too much... And when people start talking about them, or discover them, I feel like they're invading a sacred area, or stealing my deep hidden treasures, and I feel very uncomfortable and it gives me a great deal of stress. I express better my feelings in written words or physically, but only with people close to me. If someone hurts my feelings, they destroy me. I'm romantic too.

I need time alone, and privacy. Being with people all the time overwhelm me, and I start to become moody. But I really like to be with people I like, in one-on-one situations. I have a good sense of humor but its more irony, word plays, sarcarsm, confusing people, and some goofy things, sometimes. I have a clown mode that I often get into.

Any guesses? Someone could help me to find my enneagram too?

Thanks!

(Sorry about mistakes, English isn't my mother tongue...)

You sound exactly like me. I am an INFJ who had trouble figuring out my type at first because instead of not conforming, I tried to conform in my teenage years. I think that made me feel even more different and isolated. The more I tried doing this, the more I realized how different I was.

My friends tell me I act like a philosopher and always ask "what are you thinking?". I have a hidden temper that I learned to control. I have a huge shell around me, but on the inside, I have burning passion and am very mushy. I am extremely romantic, but I am sure nobody knows that about me. It takes me a long time to recover from hurt feelings. I go into cave mode when this happens.

Also, the way you write and space/add in thoughts is screaming INFJ.

Sound like you?

But you can be INFP as well. I think INFJ and INFP are the hardest to separate.

Are you messy? Or are you more organized messy?

Is their a plan with many options? Always looking for your purpose to guide others?
Or an open road? Always wanting to help others?

And what types of characters do you admire? I can pin point you perfectly if you answer these!

Also, INFJ are commonly mistaken for INFP. These questions answered might help you decide.....

MissLizzy

You sound exactly like me. I am an INFJ who had trouble figuring out my type at first because instead of not conforming, I tried to conform in my teenage years. I think that made me feel even more different and isolated. The more I tried doing this, the more I realized how different I was.

My friends tell me I act like a philosopher and always ask "what are you thinking?". I have a hidden temper that I learned to control. I have a huge shell around me, but on the inside, I have burning passion and am very mushy. I am extremely romantic, but I am sure nobody knows that about me. It takes me a long time to recover from hurt feelings. I go into cave mode when this happens.

Also, the way you write and space/add in thoughts is screaming INFJ.

Sound like you?

But you can be INFP as well. I think INFJ and INFP are the hardest to separate.

Are you messy? Or are you more organized messy?

Is their a plan with many options? Always looking for your purpose to guide others?
Or an open road? Always wanting to help others?

And what types of characters do you admire? I can pin point you perfectly if you answer these!

Also, INFJ are commonly mistaken for INFP. These questions answered might help you decide.....

I'm more messy, very messy. And I'm sometimes lost in many options, when I finally focus in one, it's because I worked hard on the idea to be "limited" in it. I really like to help people, but firstly I am prone to think how things work for me, and then helping othes based in my thoughts after checking what I would do, according to my values and ideals, if I was in the same situation.

Characters that I admire?

Holden Caulfield, from The Catcher in the Rye (I identified instantly with him)
Anne Frank (she's real, but I related to her, so I think it's good to list)
Elizabeth Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice
The Little Prince
Katherine Watson, from Mona Lisa Smile
Alex, from Flashdance
Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird
... etc, I can't remember now...

Any guesses?

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds INFP...lost in many options sounds like Ne.

I don't think messy/neat is a good way to determine INFP from INFJ, though an INFJ *may* consistently appear more neatly groomed because of Fe.

Ms.Tea does sound like an INFJ though..."always looking for your purpose to guide others" screams Fe.

Oh, and MissLizzy, checking your values to see what you would do in the same situation or whatever is Fi.

All of this becomes so much easier when you study Jung.

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP (as Marmie Dearest said, your post screams Fi, but I see virtually not Fe)
1w9, 4w5, 9w1 or 5w4 sp/sx

Ms. Tea

I'm more messy, very messy. And I'm sometimes lost in many options, when I finally focus in one, it's because I worked hard on the idea to be "limited" in it. I really like to help people, but firstly I am prone to think how things work for me, and then helping othes based in my thoughts after checking what I would do, according to my values and ideals, if I was in the same situation.

Characters that I admire?

Holden Caulfield, from The Catcher in the Rye (I identified instantly with him)
Anne Frank (she's real, but I related to her, so I think it's good to list)
Elizabeth Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice
The Little Prince
Katherine Watson, from Mona Lisa Smile
Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird
... etc, I can't remember now...

Any guesses?

Ya, I am going to have to agree with the rest. INFP dominates here :D

MissLizzy

Thank you all with the help, folks!

Reading the link that Marmie Dearest posted here, I can see that the combination of Fi + Ne fits like a glove, indeed...

;)