7w6
    Socionics
    ????

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.4)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.1)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.8)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.5)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.4)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

Strange.. my Ne is stronger than my Fi BUT I get INFP instead of ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Your first 2 were Ne + Fi and that suggests ENFP.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 03-26-2008 at 01:54 PM.

There was another with a similar confusion:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-vs-enfp.html

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This thread has convinced me that I am more extraverted than I thought I was. I am extremely energized by positive interactions for sure. I enjoy going to parties and having conversations with people, I've always found that 'small talk' can often be a way of getting into a deep conversation later on. I enjoy making new friends.

From reading what other ENFP's say about how they deal with social interactions, I can relate to the 'fog of dullness'.. but I am never really in 'solitude'. I always have music going on. I'm always talking to someone online. I'm always on Facebook/MBTI Central/Other Forums. I think I may have mistaken extraversion for dependence. I can have a good time by myself. I'm an avid reader and writer and often take time alone to work on those hobbies. Being around people that I enjoy definitely makes me happy. As long as interactions are positive, I am very outgoing and enthusiastic. However, when there is a negative interaction, I either snap at the person with sarcasm, try to resolve the conflict diplomatically, or (especially if I don't know the person well) ignore them and don't say much to them.

ENFP 4eva!

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by silpheed_tandy
    ` I also feel that my own introverted tendancies aren't my REAL self, but instead are from my inconfidence and my woundings/baggage.

I agree here. I think I become more introverted depending on my current life circumstances. When I get depressed, I've found that I want to be alone for longer periods of time. However, in my most natural state I remain extraverted. I've questioned this a lot recently, as over time I've seen my E percentange drop drastically. It must be depression-related.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    This thread has convinced me that I am more extraverted than I thought I was. I am extremely energized by positive interactions for sure. I enjoy going to parties and having conversations with people, I've always found that 'small talk' can often be a way of getting into a deep conversation later on. I enjoy making new friends.
    This may be too little to late since you quite sure that you are NF and appear to prefer ENFP to INFP, but knowing your interaction style may seal it for you. INFP, INTP, ISFJ and ISFP all have a behind the scenes style of interacting:
    The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.
    Whereas ENFP, ENTP, ESFJ and ESFP have a get things going style:
    The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Going™ with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

Hi! You sound like a classic ENFP to me. I am one as well. We ENFP's are the least extroverted of the extroverted types and we definitely need our alone time to process and rebuild. I found a test on another site which measures your top 4 types....ie based on your answers it tells you who else answered the way you did. I was almost equal on ENFP/INFP but I am def more ENFP. I think my I has increased with age.
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

I just took it and it said I am an INFJ!! NO way! I am an ENFP! I wonder why...
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

BookLady: Yea! Another ENFP!!!
    I think I have taken a test like that before.
    I remembered that the highest scoring types were the XNXP types and these were the four I have been deciding between, even though now that I understand type better, I know that there is no way I am a T.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    I agree here. I think I become more introverted depending on my current life circumstances. When I get depressed, I've found that I want to be alone for longer periods of time. However, in my most natural state I remain extraverted. I've questioned this a lot recently, as over time I've seen my E percentange drop drastically. It must be depression-related.

Chemgrl82: I can relate to that. I entered a long state of depression a few years ago. I went through a breakup and went to a new school.

I was shy and sullen for a few months, becoming unnaturally introverted, but was able to make a 180 afterwards and make some great friends! I think the only thing I need to be happy is friends. Being an extravert is my natural state as well, people energize me! I luv people!!