• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Viridian's Enneatype?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah not all nines are mysetrious british women nor are they all zen master of absolute calm (although a mysterious british woman who is a zen master of absolute calm sound preety cool :cool:). Nines in general tend to be somewhat easygoing and relaxed, they are typically nice people who like peace and a pleasent atmosphere. With a wing one they can get a bit annoyed by certain actions of others that may not be moral or jeapordize are calm atmosphere (for example br younger brother, an ISFP 9w1, is really easy going but it I ignore table manner while eating with him (like belching, talking with food in my mouth, etc.) he will get very nitpicking about it).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
perhaps a 9w1 vs 9w8 difference?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Nah not all nines are mysetrious british women nor are they all zen master of absolute calm (although a mysterious british woman who is a zen master of absolute calm sound preety cool :cool:). Nines in general tend to be somewhat easygoing and relaxed, they are typically nice people who like peace and a pleasent atmosphere. With a wing one they can get a bit annoyed by certain actions of others that may not be moral or jeapordize are calm atmosphere (for example br younger brother, an ISFP 9w1, is really easy going but it I ignore table manner while eating with him (like belching, talking with food in my mouth, etc.) he will get very nitpicking about it).

It's the exact opposite with my younger brother: he thinks it's annoying when I say "please" and "thank you" to members of my family, since he believes such actions are not necessary within such close people. :laugh: I've mistyped as a 1w9 before... this could be why. :thinking:

perhaps a 9w1 vs 9w8 difference?

What, the "British hippie chick" thing? I dunno, 9w1s are said to have more poise and be more "ethereal"... On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the Childlike Empress is a 9w8, I was just exemplifiying the British hippie archetype. Some 9w8s kind of bother me, to be frank - I have much more affinity with the One's self-criticism and suppressed anger, as well as their fear of being criticized and/or humiliated.

As a general question, does tritype usually exert a strong influence over your main types? As in, are 9-6-2s more neurotic or anxious about how they're perceived than other Nines?

And, of course, thanks for joining the discussion, skylights! You too, of course, SI. :hi:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sure :)

actually i meant this -

I'm a bit more "jittery" and fidgety, though I do look like my brain has been sent to outer space.

i know an xSFP 9w8, and she is definitely the "mediator" type - if there is conflict she smoothly steps in and settles it over. you almost feel embarrassed that you caused conflict at all when she's around. and it's interesting how she has a palpable feeling of control over the situation. i have seen her in a crisis situation and was astounded by how calm she was. otherwise, she's very fun - sings all the time - very in her body, very grounded. i'm sure part of that is SP, but another part of it, perhaps overlapping, is probably 8. for as much as i can't figure out my own type, it's startling how well the enneagram does describe some people i know. it fits her to a T.

anyway, i know some 1s can be pretty high strung, so i was wondering if perhaps your fidgetiness could be attributed to that, if 9 seems to fit best overall.

really funny comparison:

Crooner said:
Nines have included the
great crooners like:

- Bing Crosby
- Dean Martin
- Perry Como
- Mel Torme
- Andy Williams
- Tony Bennett

Do we picture Bing Crosby as
someone who is honorable,
upright, moral, and principled?
et85mw.jpg

Yes ==> One-winger

Can we picture Dean Martin
as a Sunday School teacher?
et85ug.jpg

Or do we picture Dino surrounded
by Playboy Bunnies?
et8602.jpg

Eight-winger.

typical INTJ wisdom :laugh:

fwiw, viridian, it sounds like you're leaning more towards 6w5. though perhaps you alread know that :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Oh dear... back to square one. :doh: Thanks for the input, though! :)

Frankly, I think some Enneagram profiles are deeply flawed. I mean, let's compare:

9w1 = Ralph Waldo Emerson, Corazon Aquino, Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Stewart = :D

6w5 = Richard Nixon, Jerry Falwell, John Hickley, Jr., Joseph McCarthy = :(

See? Not very encouraging, is it? A lot of profiles makes Sixes a "bad" type, like they're all those spineless reactionaries and Stephen King villains. A typology system that has "bad" or "wrong" types is as useful as a pair of skis in Egypt. :nono:

Also, do you happen to know any 9w1s who are slightly neurotic, skylights? Your input is appreciated, and I mean that. :blush:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where are you getting the bad descriptions of sixes from? Also, I'm not sure which sourse listed those fameous people of the enneagram types, but it isn't something I would take seriously considering that all the ones listed under 6w5 are evil while those under 9w1 are good.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
actually i think 6s sound pretty awesome :laugh:

like that quiz with the superviolet luxin. hyperaware, intuitive, gifted with foresight, mindful, questioning, troubleshooting. devoted and responsible when they assess something as being trustworthy. courageous and revolutionary when they assess something as being dangerous. system guardians when things are going right and badass rebels when they're not. genuinely humble, protective, and loyal.

i don't think i'm 100% certain on any 9w1s, my apologies. that's why i asked instead of asserting... i was wondering if it could be attributed to wings. i don't really know, myself :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the diagnosis! Now, about those polyps... *kidding*

9w1 could be right, though I don't think I have a very serene aura, metaphorically speaking... When I think of Nines, they sound like those British women with echoing voices behind blurry filters you find in those '70s-'80s movies... Like the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story, but more hippie-ish. I'm a bit more "jittery" and fidgety, though I do look like my brain has been sent to outer space. :newwink:

lol I think 9s are serene and non-confrontational but they aren't all hippies or...British women with echoing voices?? (link plz)they generally tend to seek peace and want harmony...the thing is that their hidden underlying thing is anger!!! It's just that they push it down or away, and it actually helps them to get in touch with their anger (maybe this is where the hippie association comes from, "get in touch with your anger!" :D)

They can also go emotionally dead, flat, or empty when they're unhealthy. And as someone else mentioned, a 1 wing can give them a slightly perfectionistic edge about certain things, so it's not like they're always totally easy-going.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Frankly, I think some Enneagram profiles are deeply flawed. I mean, let's compare:

9w1 = Ralph Waldo Emerson, Corazon Aquino, Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Stewart = :D

6w5 = Richard Nixon, Jerry Falwell, John Hickley, Jr., Joseph McCarthy = :(

See? Not very encouraging, is it? A lot of profiles makes Sixes a "bad" type, like they're all those spineless reactionaries and Stephen King villains. A typology system that has "bad" or "wrong" types is as useful as a pair of skis in Egypt. :nono:

Also, do you happen to know any 9w1s who are slightly neurotic, skylights? Your input is appreciated, and I mean that. :blush:

I know a 9w1 who has social anxiety.

Anyway, that six profile sucks, I'm gonna give you a nice long list of sixes - there are some really cool ones, like Princess Diana, and a BUNCH of comedians or comedic actors...they aren't all villains or conservative knee-jerk reactionaries lol.

Woody Allen
Sally Field
Rush Limbaugh
Bob Dole
Adolph Hitler
Billy Graham
Charles Manson
David Letterman
Ellen DeGeneres
J. Edgar Hoover
George Bush, Sr.
Jay Leno
John Cusack
Johnny Carson
Jon Stewart
Ben Stiller
Chris Rock
Dame Judi Dench
Malcolm X
Baryshnikov
Neil Young
Oliver North
Princess Diana
Richard Nixon
Robert Kennedy
Ted Kennedy
Tom Clancy
Tom Hanks
Archie Bunker

I also think Betty Draper's character from Mad Men is an ISFJ enneagram 6.

I've noticed that aside from anxiety and relationship to authority, there tends to be either a political streak or a "social cause" streak to a lot of 6s. Eminem is apparently a 6.

Speed Gavaroche put a lot of videos of 6s in skylights 3-4-3 thread.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Whoa, so many replies! :D Sorry if I took so long to answer. School, y'know. :blush:

Where are you getting the bad descriptions of sixes from? Also, I'm not sure which sourse listed those fameous people of the enneagram types, but it isn't something I would take seriously considering that all the ones listed under 6w5 are evil while those under 9w1 are good.

This: http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-forum-loyalist/8554-overview-six-its-wings.html

and this: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-forum-peacemaker/8748-overview-nine-its-wings.html

I think "evil" might be too strong a term, but, well, comparing Nixon with Lincoln is just cheating. :dry:

actually i think 6s sound pretty awesome :laugh:

like that quiz with the superviolet luxin. hyperaware, intuitive, gifted with foresight, mindful, questioning, troubleshooting. devoted and responsible when they assess something as being trustworthy. courageous and revolutionary when they assess something as being dangerous. system guardians when things are going right and badass rebels when they're not. genuinely humble, protective, and loyal.

i don't think i'm 100% certain on any 9w1s, my apologies. that's why i asked instead of asserting... i was wondering if it could be attributed to wings. i don't really know, myself :)

The superviolet what? :shock:

Well, I do know Sixes have a lot of strong points, I just meant it's a pretty common stereotype. I suspect my little brother is a 6w7 and, while we have a contractual obligation as siblings to squabble, he's a very cool guy. :D

And don't worry, I appreciate any suggestion! Why, I just made a half-baked guess at SI's type in the video thread... :blush:

lol I think 9s are serene and non-confrontational but they aren't all hippies or...British women with echoing voices?? (link plz)they generally tend to seek peace and want harmony...the thing is that their hidden underlying thing is anger!!! It's just that they push it down or away, and it actually helps them to get in touch with their anger (maybe this is where the hippie association comes from, "get in touch with your anger!" :D)

Ta-da! (WARNING TV TROPES LINK IT WILL SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU) Not sure about the British thing, though. Maybe I'm just picturing Hera's echoing voice from Xanadu and merging her with Olivia Newton-John's character... :thinking:

Yeah... My mom says I simply can't deal right with my anger, so I get a bit "emo" and obsequious in a slightly histrionic way... I HATE disappointing people. My shrink also says I don't express a lot of aggression...

They can also go emotionally dead, flat, or empty when they're unhealthy. And as someone else mentioned, a 1 wing can give them a slightly perfectionistic edge about certain things, so it's not like they're always totally easy-going.

I get a bit robotic and phobic when stressed. Fidgety, too.

I know a 9w1 who has social anxiety.

Anyway, that six profile sucks, I'm gonna give you a nice long list of sixes - there are some really cool ones, like Princess Diana, and a BUNCH of comedians or comedic actors...they aren't all villains or conservative knee-jerk reactionaries lol.

Woody Allen
Sally Field
Rush Limbaugh
Bob Dole
Adolph Hitler
Billy Graham
Charles Manson
David Letterman
Ellen DeGeneres
J. Edgar Hoover
George Bush, Sr.
Jay Leno
John Cusack
Johnny Carson
Jon Stewart
Ben Stiller
Chris Rock
Dame Judi Dench
Malcolm X
Baryshnikov
Neil Young
Oliver North
Princess Diana
Richard Nixon
Robert Kennedy
Ted Kennedy
Tom Clancy
Tom Hanks
Archie Bunker

I also think Betty Draper's character from Mad Men is an ISFJ enneagram 6.

I've noticed that aside from anxiety and relationship to authority, there tends to be either a political streak or a "social cause" streak to a lot of 6s. Eminem is apparently a 6.

Speed Gavaroche put a lot of videos of 6s in skylights 3-4-3 thread.

I'll watch these videos later, thanks! :smile:

The thing is, I'm not particularly political, which is one of the things that "separates" me from my peers. I vote and stuff, but when they talk about "subversion" and "hegemony" and "spheres of power", I tend to get a bit lost...

Thanks, everyone! You guys are awesome. :cheers:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you become robotic when stressed you very well could be a nine, especially if it's difficult for you to express (or even acknowledge?) anger.

I'm not sure if it's why you have such a bad impression of six, too - I never had a bad impression of six, in fact, I identified with the fact that most of those famous sixes believe strongly in something :solidarity:, even if a few of them were batshit crazy. :laugh:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
If you become robotic when stressed you very well could be a nine, especially if it's difficult for you to express (or even acknowledge?) anger.

I'm not sure if it's why you have such a bad impression of six, too - I never had a bad impression of six, in fact, I identified with the fact that most of those famous sixes believe strongly in something :solidarity:, even if a few of them were batshit crazy. :laugh:

Well, that could be a point for Nine... I also crave my Me Type, and often can't concentrate for the task at hand if I go without it for too long, though that could be strong introversion. It's like, I keep wanting to "escape" back to my "comfort zone" in a more literal way (my room being said zone).

And, again, I do not hate Sixes or anything, it's just that sometimes I find it kinda hard to imagine myself as one of them. I just have a bone to pick with those descriptions that make Sixes sound like "Ones, but wimpier". I'm deeply, deeply sorry if what I said sounded insensitive, and I hope we can remain friends. :sad: :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
I think "evil" might be too strong a term, but, well, comparing Nixon with Lincoln is just cheating.

:yes: Comparing those two isn't really fair. Also I'd be skeptical of the descriptions from Personality Cafe, as I'm not sure how reliable they really are.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
:yes: Comparing those two isn't really fair. Also I'd be skeptical of the descriptions from Personality Cafe, as I'm not sure how reliable they really are.

Well, they're not so much from Personality Cafe as they're posted there. A lot of Enneagram stickies seem to be excerpts from books or other websites, gathered for reference. But the point stands.

Just out of curiosity, though - does tritype affect the main type significantly? I think I'm either a Sixish Nine or a Nineish Six... :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I had a bad impression of basically all of the enneagrams type because all the descriptions focus on the only the negative parts of them. they make people look like
1- control freaks
2- overly sensitive ass kissers
3- shallow posers with nothing unique about them at all
4- emo, self defeating hippies
5- old hermits who never leave their studies and have no personality
6- cowardly passive aggressors
7- alcoholics, party animals who never grew up
8- tyrants
9- dead beat potheads

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yo there, Elfboy! Haven't talked to ya in a while. :hi:

Yes, that's quite true. I think Ones get the short end of the stick less often, though, since they're usually described, at their best, as moral heroes, like Raoul Wallenburg and Mohandas Gandhi. On the other hand, though, they're also associated with the Spanish Inquisition (which no one expects!), so I guess it all evens out...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yo there, Elfboy! Haven't talked to ya in a while. :hi:

Yes, that's quite true. I think Ones get the short end of the stick less often, though, since they're usually described, at their best, as moral heroes, like Raoul Wallenburg and Mohandas Gandhi. On the other hand, though, they're also associated with the Spanish Inquisition (which no one expects!), so I guess it all evens out...

hi Viridian :laugh: seriously though, it's true. healthy enneatypes are SO different from unhealthy enneatypes.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
hi Viridian :laugh: seriously though, it's true. healthy enneatypes are SO different from unhealthy enneatypes.

Hear, hear! :solidarity: I mean, compare:

Judge Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs. Dr. Spock (Star Trek)
The Other Mother (Coraline) vs. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
Jim Cunningham (Donnie Darko) vs. Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

and so on.

Similar temperament? Yes. But those on the left are a sex-crazed priest, an abusive matriarch and a pedophile; those on the right are a dutiful spaceship crew member, a protective host and a friendly rock star/prosecutor. Learn the difference, profile writers! :doh:

Rant over. :) Now, question: can Nines be anxious, even when they are avoidant?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hear, hear! :solidarity: I mean, compare:

Judge Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs. Dr. Spock (Star Trek)
The Other Mother (Coraline) vs. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
Jim Cunningham (Donnie Darko) vs. Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

and so on.

Similar temperament? Yes. But those on the left are a sex-crazed priest, an abusive matriarch and a pedophile; those on the right are a dutiful spaceship crew member, a protective host and a friendly rock star/prosecutor. Learn the difference, profile writers! :doh:

Rant over. :) Now, question: can Nines be anxious, even when they are avoidant?

no, rant continueing :laugh:
I mean seriously, look at Esmerelda (also Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs Darth Vader. if they were to meet each other in person they would NOT be on the same wavelength just because they're 8s. if anything, they'd be like "my personality is as far from his as possible"
Or look at Ellen Degeneres (chill as hell) vs the generic description of type 6
I guess it's sorta like how most people would guess Donald Trump is an ENTJ, when he is in fact an ISFP (no joke)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
no, rant continueing :laugh:
I mean seriously, look at Esmerelda (also Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs Darth Vader. if they were to meet each other in person they would NOT be on the same wavelength just because they're 8s. if anything, they'd be like "my personality is as far from his as possible"
Or look at Ellen Degeneres (chill as hell) vs the generic description of type 6
I guess it's sorta like how most people would guess Donald Trump is an ENTJ, when he is in fact an ISFP (no joke)

Hmmm-hmmm. I should also mention, though, that several 6w7s are said to joke more in order to "conquer" their fear, like what they to with Boggarts in the Harry Potter novels. I've heard somewhere that depression is actually pretty common in comedians, which kinda seems related...

Also, Marmie Dearest, um, dearest.... could you elaborate a bit on your 9w1 friend's social anxiety? Like, how it manifests, and for what reasons... If you don't mind telling me, of course. :yes: