First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you become robotic when stressed you very well could be a nine, especially if it's difficult for you to express (or even acknowledge?) anger.

I'm not sure if it's why you have such a bad impression of six, too - I never had a bad impression of six, in fact, I identified with the fact that most of those famous sixes believe strongly in something , even if a few of them were batshit crazy.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If you become robotic when stressed you very well could be a nine, especially if it's difficult for you to express (or even acknowledge?) anger.

I'm not sure if it's why you have such a bad impression of six, too - I never had a bad impression of six, in fact, I identified with the fact that most of those famous sixes believe strongly in something , even if a few of them were batshit crazy.
    Well, that could be a point for Nine... I also crave my Me Type, and often can't concentrate for the task at hand if I go without it for too long, though that could be strong introversion. It's like, I keep wanting to "escape" back to my "comfort zone" in a more literal way (my room being said zone).

And, again, I do not hate Sixes or anything, it's just that sometimes I find it kinda hard to imagine myself as one of them. I just have a bone to pick with those descriptions that make Sixes sound like "Ones, but wimpier". I'm deeply, deeply sorry if what I said sounded insensitive, and I hope we can remain friends. :sad:

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Viridian
    I think "evil" might be too strong a term, but, well, comparing Nixon with Lincoln is just cheating.
    Comparing those two isn't really fair. Also I'd be skeptical of the descriptions from Personality Cafe, as I'm not sure how reliable they really are.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Comparing those two isn't really fair. Also I'd be skeptical of the descriptions from Personality Cafe, as I'm not sure how reliable they really are.
    Well, they're not so much from Personality Cafe as they're posted there. A lot of Enneagram stickies seem to be excerpts from books or other websites, gathered for reference. But the point stands.

Just out of curiosity, though - does tritype affect the main type significantly? I think I'm either a Sixish Nine or a Nineish Six...

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

I had a bad impression of basically all of the enneagrams type because all the descriptions focus on the only the negative parts of them. they make people look like
    1- control freaks
    2- overly sensitive ass kissers
    3- shallow posers with nothing unique about them at all
    4- emo, self defeating hippies
    5- old hermits who never leave their studies and have no personality
    6- cowardly passive aggressors
    7- alcoholics, party animals who never grew up
    8- tyrants
    9- dead beat potheads

MBTI
    IsFJ

Yo there, Elfboy! Haven't talked to ya in a while.

Yes, that's quite true. I think Ones get the short end of the stick less often, though, since they're usually described, at their best, as moral heroes, like Raoul Wallenburg and Mohandas Gandhi. On the other hand, though, they're also associated with the Spanish Inquisition (which no one expects!), so I guess it all evens out...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Yo there, Elfboy! Haven't talked to ya in a while.

Yes, that's quite true. I think Ones get the short end of the stick less often, though, since they're usually described, at their best, as moral heroes, like Raoul Wallenburg and Mohandas Gandhi. On the other hand, though, they're also associated with the Spanish Inquisition (which no one expects!), so I guess it all evens out...
    hi Viridian seriously though, it's true. healthy enneatypes are SO different from unhealthy enneatypes.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    hi Viridian seriously though, it's true. healthy enneatypes are SO different from unhealthy enneatypes.
    Hear, hear! I mean, compare:

Judge Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs. Dr. Spock (Star Trek)
    The Other Mother (Coraline) vs. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
    Jim Cunningham (Donnie Darko) vs. Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

and so on.

Similar temperament? Yes. But those on the left are a sex-crazed priest, an abusive matriarch and a pedophile; those on the right are a dutiful spaceship crew member, a protective host and a friendly rock star/prosecutor. Learn the difference, profile writers!

Rant over. Now, question: can Nines be anxious, even when they are avoidant?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Hear, hear! I mean, compare:

Judge Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs. Dr. Spock (Star Trek)
    The Other Mother (Coraline) vs. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
    Jim Cunningham (Donnie Darko) vs. Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

and so on.

Similar temperament? Yes. But those on the left are a sex-crazed priest, an abusive matriarch and a pedophile; those on the right are a dutiful spaceship crew member, a protective host and a friendly rock star/prosecutor. Learn the difference, profile writers!

Rant over. Now, question: can Nines be anxious, even when they are avoidant?
    no, rant continueing
    I mean seriously, look at Esmerelda (also Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs Darth Vader. if they were to meet each other in person they would NOT be on the same wavelength just because they're 8s. if anything, they'd be like "my personality is as far from his as possible"
    Or look at Ellen Degeneres (chill as hell) vs the generic description of type 6
    I guess it's sorta like how most people would guess Donald Trump is an ENTJ, when he is in fact an ISFP (no joke)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, rant continueing
    I mean seriously, look at Esmerelda (also Hunchback of Notre Dame) vs Darth Vader. if they were to meet each other in person they would NOT be on the same wavelength just because they're 8s. if anything, they'd be like "my personality is as far from his as possible"
    Or look at Ellen Degeneres (chill as hell) vs the generic description of type 6
    I guess it's sorta like how most people would guess Donald Trump is an ENTJ, when he is in fact an ISFP (no joke)
    Hmmm-hmmm. I should also mention, though, that several 6w7s are said to joke more in order to "conquer" their fear, like what they to with Boggarts in the Harry Potter novels. I've heard somewhere that depression is actually pretty common in comedians, which kinda seems related...

Also, Marmie Dearest, um, dearest.... could you elaborate a bit on your 9w1 friend's social anxiety? Like, how it manifests, and for what reasons... If you don't mind telling me, of course.