User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 83

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Nah not all nines are mysetrious british women nor are they all zen master of absolute calm (although a mysterious british woman who is a zen master of absolute calm sound preety cool ). Nines in general tend to be somewhat easygoing and relaxed, they are typically nice people who like peace and a pleasent atmosphere. With a wing one they can get a bit annoyed by certain actions of others that may not be moral or jeapordize are calm atmosphere (for example br younger brother, an ISFP 9w1, is really easy going but it I ignore table manner while eating with him (like belching, talking with food in my mouth, etc.) he will get very nitpicking about it).

  2. #42
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    perhaps a 9w1 vs 9w8 difference?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Nah not all nines are mysetrious british women nor are they all zen master of absolute calm (although a mysterious british woman who is a zen master of absolute calm sound preety cool ). Nines in general tend to be somewhat easygoing and relaxed, they are typically nice people who like peace and a pleasent atmosphere. With a wing one they can get a bit annoyed by certain actions of others that may not be moral or jeapordize are calm atmosphere (for example br younger brother, an ISFP 9w1, is really easy going but it I ignore table manner while eating with him (like belching, talking with food in my mouth, etc.) he will get very nitpicking about it).
    It's the exact opposite with my younger brother: he thinks it's annoying when I say "please" and "thank you" to members of my family, since he believes such actions are not necessary within such close people. I've mistyped as a 1w9 before... this could be why.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    perhaps a 9w1 vs 9w8 difference?
    What, the "British hippie chick" thing? I dunno, 9w1s are said to have more poise and be more "ethereal"... On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the Childlike Empress is a 9w8, I was just exemplifiying the British hippie archetype. Some 9w8s kind of bother me, to be frank - I have much more affinity with the One's self-criticism and suppressed anger, as well as their fear of being criticized and/or humiliated.

    As a general question, does tritype usually exert a strong influence over your main types? As in, are 9-6-2s more neurotic or anxious about how they're perceived than other Nines?

    And, of course, thanks for joining the discussion, skylights! You too, of course, SI.

  4. #44
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    sure

    actually i meant this -

    I'm a bit more "jittery" and fidgety, though I do look like my brain has been sent to outer space.
    i know an xSFP 9w8, and she is definitely the "mediator" type - if there is conflict she smoothly steps in and settles it over. you almost feel embarrassed that you caused conflict at all when she's around. and it's interesting how she has a palpable feeling of control over the situation. i have seen her in a crisis situation and was astounded by how calm she was. otherwise, she's very fun - sings all the time - very in her body, very grounded. i'm sure part of that is SP, but another part of it, perhaps overlapping, is probably 8. for as much as i can't figure out my own type, it's startling how well the enneagram does describe some people i know. it fits her to a T.

    anyway, i know some 1s can be pretty high strung, so i was wondering if perhaps your fidgetiness could be attributed to that, if 9 seems to fit best overall.

    really funny comparison:

    Quote Originally Posted by Crooner
    Nines have included the
    great crooners like:

    - Bing Crosby
    - Dean Martin
    - Perry Como
    - Mel Torme
    - Andy Williams
    - Tony Bennett


    Do we picture Bing Crosby as
    someone who is honorable,
    upright, moral, and principled?

    Yes ==> One-winger


    Can we picture Dean Martin
    as a Sunday School teacher?

    Or do we picture Dino surrounded
    by Playboy Bunnies?

    Eight-winger.
    typical INTJ wisdom

    fwiw, viridian, it sounds like you're leaning more towards 6w5. though perhaps you alread know that

  5. #45
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Oh dear... back to square one. Thanks for the input, though!

    Frankly, I think some Enneagram profiles are deeply flawed. I mean, let's compare:

    9w1 = Ralph Waldo Emerson, Corazon Aquino, Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Stewart =

    6w5 = Richard Nixon, Jerry Falwell, John Hickley, Jr., Joseph McCarthy =

    See? Not very encouraging, is it? A lot of profiles makes Sixes a "bad" type, like they're all those spineless reactionaries and Stephen King villains. A typology system that has "bad" or "wrong" types is as useful as a pair of skis in Egypt.

    Also, do you happen to know any 9w1s who are slightly neurotic, skylights? Your input is appreciated, and I mean that.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Where are you getting the bad descriptions of sixes from? Also, I'm not sure which sourse listed those fameous people of the enneagram types, but it isn't something I would take seriously considering that all the ones listed under 6w5 are evil while those under 9w1 are good.

  7. #47
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    actually i think 6s sound pretty awesome

    like that quiz with the superviolet luxin. hyperaware, intuitive, gifted with foresight, mindful, questioning, troubleshooting. devoted and responsible when they assess something as being trustworthy. courageous and revolutionary when they assess something as being dangerous. system guardians when things are going right and badass rebels when they're not. genuinely humble, protective, and loyal.

    i don't think i'm 100% certain on any 9w1s, my apologies. that's why i asked instead of asserting... i was wondering if it could be attributed to wings. i don't really know, myself

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Thanks for the diagnosis! Now, about those polyps... *kidding*

    9w1 could be right, though I don't think I have a very serene aura, metaphorically speaking... When I think of Nines, they sound like those British women with echoing voices behind blurry filters you find in those '70s-'80s movies... Like the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story, but more hippie-ish. I'm a bit more "jittery" and fidgety, though I do look like my brain has been sent to outer space.
    lol I think 9s are serene and non-confrontational but they aren't all hippies or...British women with echoing voices?? (link plz)they generally tend to seek peace and want harmony...the thing is that their hidden underlying thing is anger!!! It's just that they push it down or away, and it actually helps them to get in touch with their anger (maybe this is where the hippie association comes from, "get in touch with your anger!" )

    They can also go emotionally dead, flat, or empty when they're unhealthy. And as someone else mentioned, a 1 wing can give them a slightly perfectionistic edge about certain things, so it's not like they're always totally easy-going.

  9. #49
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Frankly, I think some Enneagram profiles are deeply flawed. I mean, let's compare:

    9w1 = Ralph Waldo Emerson, Corazon Aquino, Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Stewart =

    6w5 = Richard Nixon, Jerry Falwell, John Hickley, Jr., Joseph McCarthy =

    See? Not very encouraging, is it? A lot of profiles makes Sixes a "bad" type, like they're all those spineless reactionaries and Stephen King villains. A typology system that has "bad" or "wrong" types is as useful as a pair of skis in Egypt.

    Also, do you happen to know any 9w1s who are slightly neurotic, skylights? Your input is appreciated, and I mean that.
    I know a 9w1 who has social anxiety.

    Anyway, that six profile sucks, I'm gonna give you a nice long list of sixes - there are some really cool ones, like Princess Diana, and a BUNCH of comedians or comedic actors...they aren't all villains or conservative knee-jerk reactionaries lol.

    Woody Allen
    Sally Field
    Rush Limbaugh
    Bob Dole
    Adolph Hitler
    Billy Graham
    Charles Manson
    David Letterman
    Ellen DeGeneres
    J. Edgar Hoover
    George Bush, Sr.
    Jay Leno
    John Cusack
    Johnny Carson
    Jon Stewart
    Ben Stiller
    Chris Rock
    Dame Judi Dench
    Malcolm X
    Baryshnikov
    Neil Young
    Oliver North
    Princess Diana
    Richard Nixon
    Robert Kennedy
    Ted Kennedy
    Tom Clancy
    Tom Hanks
    Archie Bunker

    I also think Betty Draper's character from Mad Men is an ISFJ enneagram 6.

    I've noticed that aside from anxiety and relationship to authority, there tends to be either a political streak or a "social cause" streak to a lot of 6s. Eminem is apparently a 6.

    Speed Gavaroche put a lot of videos of 6s in skylights 3-4-3 thread.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Whoa, so many replies! Sorry if I took so long to answer. School, y'know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Where are you getting the bad descriptions of sixes from? Also, I'm not sure which sourse listed those fameous people of the enneagram types, but it isn't something I would take seriously considering that all the ones listed under 6w5 are evil while those under 9w1 are good.
    This: http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-fo...its-wings.html

    and this: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...its-wings.html

    I think "evil" might be too strong a term, but, well, comparing Nixon with Lincoln is just cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    actually i think 6s sound pretty awesome

    like that quiz with the superviolet luxin. hyperaware, intuitive, gifted with foresight, mindful, questioning, troubleshooting. devoted and responsible when they assess something as being trustworthy. courageous and revolutionary when they assess something as being dangerous. system guardians when things are going right and badass rebels when they're not. genuinely humble, protective, and loyal.

    i don't think i'm 100% certain on any 9w1s, my apologies. that's why i asked instead of asserting... i was wondering if it could be attributed to wings. i don't really know, myself
    The superviolet what?

    Well, I do know Sixes have a lot of strong points, I just meant it's a pretty common stereotype. I suspect my little brother is a 6w7 and, while we have a contractual obligation as siblings to squabble, he's a very cool guy.

    And don't worry, I appreciate any suggestion! Why, I just made a half-baked guess at SI's type in the video thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    lol I think 9s are serene and non-confrontational but they aren't all hippies or...British women with echoing voices?? (link plz)they generally tend to seek peace and want harmony...the thing is that their hidden underlying thing is anger!!! It's just that they push it down or away, and it actually helps them to get in touch with their anger (maybe this is where the hippie association comes from, "get in touch with your anger!" )
    Ta-da! (WARNING TV TROPES LINK IT WILL SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU) Not sure about the British thing, though. Maybe I'm just picturing Hera's echoing voice from Xanadu and merging her with Olivia Newton-John's character...


    Yeah... My mom says I simply can't deal right with my anger, so I get a bit "emo" and obsequious in a slightly histrionic way... I HATE disappointing people. My shrink also says I don't express a lot of aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    They can also go emotionally dead, flat, or empty when they're unhealthy. And as someone else mentioned, a 1 wing can give them a slightly perfectionistic edge about certain things, so it's not like they're always totally easy-going.
    I get a bit robotic and phobic when stressed. Fidgety, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I know a 9w1 who has social anxiety.

    Anyway, that six profile sucks, I'm gonna give you a nice long list of sixes - there are some really cool ones, like Princess Diana, and a BUNCH of comedians or comedic actors...they aren't all villains or conservative knee-jerk reactionaries lol.

    Woody Allen
    Sally Field
    Rush Limbaugh
    Bob Dole
    Adolph Hitler
    Billy Graham
    Charles Manson
    David Letterman
    Ellen DeGeneres
    J. Edgar Hoover
    George Bush, Sr.
    Jay Leno
    John Cusack
    Johnny Carson
    Jon Stewart
    Ben Stiller
    Chris Rock
    Dame Judi Dench
    Malcolm X
    Baryshnikov
    Neil Young
    Oliver North
    Princess Diana
    Richard Nixon
    Robert Kennedy
    Ted Kennedy
    Tom Clancy
    Tom Hanks
    Archie Bunker

    I also think Betty Draper's character from Mad Men is an ISFJ enneagram 6.

    I've noticed that aside from anxiety and relationship to authority, there tends to be either a political streak or a "social cause" streak to a lot of 6s. Eminem is apparently a 6.

    Speed Gavaroche put a lot of videos of 6s in skylights 3-4-3 thread.
    I'll watch these videos later, thanks!

    The thing is, I'm not particularly political, which is one of the things that "separates" me from my peers. I vote and stuff, but when they talk about "subversion" and "hegemony" and "spheres of power", I tend to get a bit lost...

    Thanks, everyone! You guys are awesome.

Similar Threads

  1. Dad's Enneatype: Five???
    By EJCC in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 11:06 PM
  2. Why your enneatype is the best
    By lamp in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
  3. Enneatype in children?
    By KLessard in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
  4. Matching enneatypes with TV shows
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
  5. Matching enneatypes with movies
    By Lotr246 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 02:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO