ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Viridian
    Thanks for the response!
    Sure thing

Well, I thought the distinction was that Threes focus on achieving success, while Sixes focus on avoiding failure. Does that sound right?
    Three does try to acheive success because it fears that it is not productive or worthy enough if it doesn't. Six on the other hand is anxious about thw world so they look for security wherever they can find it (paridoxically they are also skeptical of certain types of security).

Profile descriptions could be part of why I'm reluctant to say Nine... They're supposed to be these "don't worry, be happy" types, but thing is, I seldom get relaxed enough to truly enjoy something, always feeling anxious about what will happen when "playtime" is over, as well as guilty for not using my free time to do something to be less of a burden...
    Perhpas then you are not core nine, or rather, 9 is a wing to one of your other types. What your described could easily be 6 or 3, maybe even 1w9... but either way, I suppose we can eliminate 9 as a possible type, leaving 8 and 1 open for your gut section of the tryad.

So far:

Gut: 8 or 1

Head: 6 or 5

Heart: 3 or 4 or maybe 2

It's not like I'm bullied or anything (though I was, briefly, in middle school), but I keep thinking I'm one of the "types" my classmates loathe. Journalism university consists, for me, of politically active NTs groaning at SJ professionals, if you get my drift.
    Ouch, an NF surrounded by all those NT's and SJ's, I feel for you man.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Three does try to acheive success because it fears that it is not productive or worthy enough if it doesn't. Six on the other hand is anxious about thw world so they look for security wherever they can find it (paridoxically they are also skeptical of certain types of security).

Perhpas then you are not core nine, or rather, 9 is a wing to one of your other types. What your described could easily be 6 or 3, maybe even 1w9... but either way, I suppose we can eliminate 9 as a possible type, leaving 8 and 1 open for your gut section of the tryad.
    Well, Threes seem to enjoy attention and are usually go-getters - those traits are pretty much NOT me. I'm not one of those "enterpreneurish" types, and books about "how to become successful", no matter how good, kinda bore me.
    I prefer my spare time and less external attention to "success".

So far:

Gut: 8 or 1

Head: 6 or 5

Heart: 3 or 4 or maybe 2
    Nine could still be on my tritype, though... I'm usually perceived as a "nice guy", or so I hear, though I often suspect people pity me or something. The head center, I think, could be 5w4 or 6w5 - I'm nowhere as analytical as most 5w6s.

Ouch, an NF surrounded by all those NT's and SJ's, I feel for you man.
    Some of them are actually pretty nice. I just feel a bit like they're out of my league... (Heaven forbid they find out I read manga, or that I like stuffed animals ). Thanks for the kind words!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well, Threes seem to enjoy attention and are usually go-getters - those traits are pretty much NOT me. I'm not one of those "enterpreneurish" types, and books about "how to become successful", no matter how good, kinda bore me.
    I prefer my spare time and less external attention to "success".
    Alright, then core 3 is definitely out then, six's though could still still have that same type of previously mentioned anxiety.

Nine could still be on my tritype, though... I'm usually perceived as a "nice guy", or so I hear, though I often suspect people pity me or something. The head center, I think, could be 5w4 or 6w5 - I'm nowhere as analytical as most 5w6s.
    Alright, so gut could still be any one of the three. Head is proabably a six, heart is either 4 or 2 then.

Some of them are actually pretty nice. I just feel a bit like they're out of my league... (Heaven forbid they find out I read manga, or that I like stuffed animals :blush). Thanks for the kind words!
    There ain't nothing to be ashamed about concerning manga and stuffed animals, both those things are perfectly cool

MBTI
    IsFJ

Whoa! Ninja response!

Alright, then core 3 is definitely out then, six's though could still still have that same type of previously mentioned anxiety.
    Though I guess I'm not as Woody Allen-esque as I've described myself in the recent past... While people who mock me can see my smile cracking, I do try not to seem anxious. Well, I don't always have a smile on my face or anything, but, if people ask me if I'm sad, I smile and assure them I've got everything under control.

Alright, so gut could still be any one of the three. Head is proabably a six, heart is either 4 or 2 then.
    Sounds about right!

There ain't nothing to be ashamed about concerning manga and stuffed animals, both those things are perfectly cool
    Yeah... But, you know, the biggest problem is that I'm not nearly as subversive as my peers, particularly one of my teachers who says that, if he sees one of his students working in the same news station for more than 15 years, he wants nothing to do with him/her anymore. I'm kinda afraid he'll consider me a failure. Thanks for the reassurance, though!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm still fairly certain your tritype is 9-2-6 in some order

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm still fairly certain your tritype is 9-2-6 in some order
    Ah, the order - therein lies the mystery!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Whoa! Ninja response!
    Striking from the shadows one post at a time!

Though I guess I'm not as Woody Allen-esque as I've described myself in the recent past... While people who mock me can see my smile cracking, I do try not to seem anxious. Well, I don't always have a smile on my face or anything, but, if people ask me if I'm sad, I smile and assure them I've got everything under control.
    Yeah, that seems more like a general attempt to preserve some social harmony by not making your inner negative emotions apparant to to others. Might be 2 or Fe related, or could just be normal human behavior, not exactly sure.

Sounds about right!
    And now we are on the fast track to true type discovery!

Yeah... But, you know, the biggest problem is that I'm not nearly as subversive as my peers, particularly one of my teachers who says that, if he sees one of his students working in the same news station for more than 15 years, he wants nothing to do with him/her anymore. I'm kinda afraid he'll consider me a failure. Thanks for the reassurance, though!
    Well there's nothing wrong in bot being subversive, as loyalty can be a virtue Hope all works well for you in the future

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Ah, the order - therein lies the mystery!
    my guess on the order is 6-9-2.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    my guess on the order is 6-9-2.
    Hmmm... could be. Either that or 9-6-2, I think. Seems like it would be either a balanced type or a very conflicted stacking. Do you know any people or characters with both 6 and 9 in their tritype?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Also, do most Nines smile a lot? My default expression is usually somewhere between "neutral" and "sad", I think - quite a few people (especially my parents, and especially my dad) have come to me and asked whether I was sad. My shrink also described the vocabulary I use when self-deprecating as "intense" in a condemnatory way... I dunno what to make of that.

Your input is highly appreciated!