MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

XNFP

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

So no one thinks SF or NT or anything else but NF? Lol....Everyones reasoning would be very interesting for me to hear if you don't mind. Why not SF types?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

probably mainly because you said that you can't live in the present moment, are always in your own head, and feel unfamiliar with your body. an SF would be unlikely to say that. you also seem much too focused on feelings and people to be an NT.

i personally suspect INFJ. INFJs use some Ti, like NTPs, so perhaps that is why you also relate with ENTP.

tell us about how you approach a new situation. let's say you're going to a new class for the first time. how do you feel, what do you do?

also -

For example, Ni is capable of saying "If you drop an apple, it has a chance of flying into the sky."

Ne will say, "Well no, that's impossible. Through the series of objective occurrences and patterns that have happened, my intuition feels it will always fall." Ne is an objective intuitive function, by the way, so it only looks into possibilities that is restricted by the laws of "reality".

Ni will reply, "Just because it always seem to fall during every observations doesn't discredit that it can't fly up into the sky." Ni is capable of saying this with strong belief that it's possible without having to suppress any part of itself."
    hm, no... i do not think that is really accurate at all. Ne never blocks out possibility. objectivity in Ne's case refers to how it relies on information external to the mind - objects, instead of information within the individual - the subject - using it.

i'll do my best to describe usage of Ne and Ni, Fe and Fi, but i probably won't do as well with Ni and Fe, my apologies
    perhaps an NFJ, NTJ or SFJ can help with my descriptions of Ni and/or Fe.

Ne will look at an apple and start flying outward. it will grow a tree of ever-expanding possibilities and associations. apple: cider, green, red, fall, juicy, crunchy, tree, seeds, johnny appleseed, orange, leaves, an apple a day, day, night, clouds, sun, wind, windy fall day, cider, scarf, pattern, warmth, wool, lambs, scotland, rain, hills, green, cool, lush, forest, birds... it goes on and on. a Ne user's advantage will be in rapid connections. a Ne child will see the apple and be surrounded by a rich world of associations, which often aid in seeing multiple sides of a situation and in problem-solving. Ne will know that you are not just looking at an apple - you are looking at something with far greater implications. the fruit of the biblical tree of life and the secret past of every huge, towering tree.

i understand Ni less, but i think Ni will look at an apple and start flying inward. it will move back into essence and archetype... perhaps something like apple is the fruit of a tree, apple is new life of a tree, trees give birth to new life, living things bear new life. Ni is more subjective because it relies on the individual's conceptualization of ideas such as "birth". Ni users come up with new understandings and concepts like that within themselves that do not have commonly-held names. and if i understand this correctly, Ni can therefore "foresee" the future because it distills observations to these archetypal understandings and applies them elsewhere. a Ni child will see the apple on the tree and also expect other trees to have fruit, even expect other living beings, like people, to "bear fruit". Ni also will look inward to see the potential tree within the seeds.

Fi also moves "inward", but in a different way. Fi will look at an apple (in particular its seeds) and see it as something beautiful and unique, something alive and significant to the universe, something that has worked to grow through the cold winter and has bloomed with the warmth of spring, a living thing to be loved and appreciated. it is hard to describe, like Ni, because it operates using very internal scales and conceptualizations. it often manifests more as a "feeling", or "tone", moreso than anything that can easily be put into words. is a different sort of consciousness, one that seeks the inner value of the apple.

perhaps we are pushing this apple example a little far, but i assume Fe looks around the subject, in a similar way to Ne. Fe is concerned about relationships and harmony between individuals. it will seek the value of the apple in the context of how it relates to other things. apples are food for us, they nourish us and make us strong. they are important to the earth because they create new trees. we should take care of apples and trees because they take care of us. they are important to the wellbeing of our environment, and by that token to our own existence.

MBTI
    INFP

You write too much about yourself to be an S.

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    probably mainly because you said that you can't live in the present moment, are always in your own head, and feel unfamiliar with your body. an SF would be unlikely to say that.

INFJ, in particular because you don't seem to agree with the NFP typings. otherwise INFP.

tell us about how you approach a new situation. let's say you're going to a new class for the first time. how do you feel, what do you do?
    Oh okay, thank you =]
    I would love to hear more on this "unfamiliar with your body" thing. I haven't really read that before, and didn't know it was an NF thing.. Interesting..

Well if I was going to a new class....
    Well I feel anxious. I hope that someone I know or someone I especially wouldn't want to see is in it. I usually check the room number 234523 times because I don't really trust that i've read the correct number, even until the last second (I don't want to walk into the wrong class like many people do.) Then I walk In hoping that one of the back corners are free (If not along the back wall somewhere.) I sit. Look around to check there is no one I know with me, and put my head down or something until the teacher walks in....Does that help? I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for.
    .................................................. .................................

I agree with the order of the INFJ functions also, but I'm not to sure if I use Fe, though, I'm not opposed to it. They also don't use Si....And I'm pretty big on nostalgia and the past and future.... are INFJ's nostalgic?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm also gonna vote INFJ as the most likely with INFP second most.

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    You write too much about yourself to be an S.
    Lol

=]

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm also gonna vote INFJ as the most likely with INFP second most.
    Thank you....I'm trying to get a better understanding..
    Do you think you could maybe tell me how you arrived at this? Since both's functions are so different and all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm not getting the extraversion. Where's that coming from?
    Her focus seems to be on the external. I'm hearing less about her internal world of feeling than her views on the external concepts & possibilities the external world presents. It seems like Ne leading Fi, IMO. The people thing can be misleading....not all Es are social butterflies, just as not all Is are recluses. If she's not ENFP, then I think INFJ, because she strikes me as P-dom. INFP is a possibility of course; I think all the NF types are on the table. Only the OP can really narrow it down for sure.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiatingCantata View Post
    Does that help? I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for.
    lol well, it does make me lean more and more towards NF. i also do think INF.

I agree with the order of the INFJ functions also, but I'm not to sure if I use Fe, though, I'm not opposed to it. They also don't use Si....And I'm pretty big on nostalgia and the past and future.... are INFJ's nostalgic?
    i don't really know. ENFPs are not supposed to be nostalgic, really, but i am in some ways. Si is about comparing past to present and seeing relations. like if you pet a dog, your mind will zoom back to all the other dogs you have petted in the past, the way they felt, the situation you were in, etc.

if you just experience nostalgia in terms of remembering how things were at a certain point and loving how that was, that could be not really related. if you tend to do that often as a way of problem-solving, like in the dog example, you might want to consider INFP or ISFJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah....Si strength is not just "oh I love this memory of being a kid" ...it's directly using subjectively meaningful past experience for problem solving and actual life construction...also tends to prefer a more linear train of thought...I had this confusion for a while myself because I'm a pretty damn sentimental person.

Si usage is not just about being sentimental, and its perfectly expected for an ENFP to be sentimental or nostalgic...it's just they're going to avoid Si in a more practical sense.