First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I also want to clarify that when I say Ni goes for depth, I mean in terms of perception of a singular concept or object while Ne ties various concepts or objects together.

Fi equally goes for depth, but in an ethical sense in terms of questioning individual morals, while Fe goes for breadth or group harmony. So your questions about "what does it all mean for us to be here" could easily be Fi rather than Ni.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiatingCantata View Post
    Kinda yes.
    But would Ne seem to think of the possibility that the "apple can fly", because supposedly they would think it wouldn't. Is Ne more realisitic?
    One my confusions lie in this Ne/Ni thing.

For that example, I would agree with "Ni"....But for other's, Ne..

Do you for example think the apple could fly? :P
    Yes, Ne generates possibilities, but as an ENFP Te and Si would tie that to reality of HOW CAN WE MAKE THE APPLE FLY. Actually ENTPs would more likely be on the mechanics of that one, with Ne/Ti figuring out the logistics of making the apple fly.

It's just that Ni says "nothing is supposed to be any particular way" which is in opposition to Si which likes to reference to subjective meaningful past experiences for the way things should be.

Ne doms rebel against Si in youth because of rejection of the inferior, by saying well things "could be this this or this instead of what it was in my past" but the way the process works, ultimately, is that Ne actually generates new things out of those Si experiences, so Si actually helps Ne and vice versa, in an ideal balance.

Ni just doesn't get their intuitions from outside, they get them from within. That's what makes Ne more "objective."

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Count my vote for ENFP also.

Dominant percieving type (Pe or Pi dom).

Highly suggests Ne-dom to me......main focus is on the intangible concepts & possibilities of the external world. The focus seems outward more than inward - suggests Extroversion.

P-dom, likely paired with Fi (xxFP)

P-dom, likely Ne.

Likely Feeling.

Fi

NeSi

xNFP

Ne-dom/aux (poor Se - uncomfortable w/ focusing on immediate physical reality)

Thank you! So thorough.

I've read also that for ENFP's they don't really use their Si and that they weren't too nostalgic and into the past and what not. I wish I could find a pretty clear cut and straight to the point definition of the functions. They all seem to vary so much.

But besides this I see what you're saying, thank you =]

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Le gosh, this thread is such a texas sharpshooter analogy.

I do not know your type from the range of information available. Perhaps you could eliminate those things above which you view as 'second tier'?

However, I do think you have Fe in your first two functions by your social expectations and how you define your own worth through group behaviour and frantic questioning of social dynamics heaped with a mixture of expectation.

Thus I would say xxFJ for now.
    Lol, thank you! Hm..

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes, Ne generates possibilities, but as an ENFP Te and Si would tie that to reality of HOW CAN WE MAKE THE APPLE FLY. Actually ENTPs would more likely be on the mechanics of that one, with Ne/Ti figuring out the logistics of making the apple fly.

It's just that Ni says "nothing is supposed to be any particular way" which is in opposition to Si which likes to reference to subjective meaningful past experiences for the way things should be.

Ne doms rebel against Si in youth because of rejection of the inferior, by saying well things "could be this this or this instead of what it was in my past" but the way the process works, ultimately, is that Ne actually generates new things out of those Si experiences, so Si actually helps Ne and vice versa, in an ideal balance.

Ni just doesn't get their intuitions from outside, they get them from within. That's what makes Ne more "objective."
    Okay I'm starting to get it a little better, thanks =] ....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Feed metal rich water\nutrients. Apply strong magnetic fields.
    I wouldn't recommend eating it though.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Sort of true.

I would clarify that Ni processes intuitions internally, while Ne does so externally. Subjectively, Ni intuitions can seem to derive from external sources, which in practice is really just Te, Fe and/or Se: Ni takes observed, objective information and data, and then hypothesizes (intuits) what's "really going on" that makes the data the way it is. These hypotheses are rarely verbalized, though they can sound "Ne-ish" when an Ni-dom drops his/her guard and shares them with friends.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not getting the extraversion. Where's that coming from?

I dislike groups of people.
    Small group of friends..and recently have began to distance myself from most people even more.... I feel bad for sometimes doing this toward people, doing things I clearly know might bother them (I notice it after I do it mind you) as if I'm trying to make them not like me or something. :/
    INFP is my vote.

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Sort of true.

I would clarify that Ni processes intuitions internally, while Ne does so externally. Subjectively, Ni intuitions can seem to derive from external sources, which in practice is really just Te, Fe and/or Se: Ni takes observed, objective information and data, and then hypothesizes (intuits) what's "really going on" that makes the data the way it is. These hypotheses are rarely verbalized, though they can sound "Ne-ish" when an Ni-dom drops his/her guard and shares them with friends.
    So what would you say are the main differences between the two? Because the two sound so similar when described. People Say Ni sounds like Ne....I can't place my finger on how to exactly differentiate the two beside the fact that one is external, and one internal. Is there a clearer way to differentiate the two? =/ I'm having a hard time grasping either of them.
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    (Dumb apple analogy :/....) All I can do is keep thinking that I agree with Ni in that example, and others like it. I really don't think I see things from what can really happen or usually does. At all. That is one of the main things about me, I think.

MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm not getting the extraversion. Where's that coming from?

INFP is my vote.
    I'm assuming because they think I'm Ne dom. So I guess I would be an introverted ENFP if I was one? Lol. Thank you =]

So ENFP XXFJ INFP so far....

^.^