• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hello I'm new here and really would like to know what you think. :D

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
MBTI type and Enneagram type please?

Ok so here is my dilemma, I have the slightest clue on what my MBTI or Enneagram could be.

Soo here are some things about me.

I find the beauty in the littlest things. A picture of a leaf on a table for example.

I'm always thinking about everything, it gives me a headache actually.

One of my favorites things to do is watch tv.

I also enjoy museums.

I plan on studying anthropology in life.

I wanna travel, but am afraid to do anything that is out of my comfort zone.

I love music, photography, philosophy, psychology, anthropology, televison.

I'm sooo nostalgic...like I'm soo sad that we are all getting so old.

I'm not really aggressive.

I'm sooo driven though its ridiculous, but really ridiculous its just that I do it more to myself then anything.

I make a plan and I follow it through oh sooo much.

I finish everything I start (For the most part)

Looking at the functions I agree with Ni Ne Si Ti

People think that I always look miserable when in reality I'm not.

I'm soo future oriented is ridiculous. I can't enjoy the current moment for anything.

I really don't enjoy social situations I find it uncomfortable and stressful.

I like nice things, expensive things too to buy myself.

I like the little things that people give me. Or lack of. A simple hug or card is just as amazing too.

I get annoyed when people seek attention.

I blend into the crowd.

I like mixing things together to see what will happen if I do.

I like doing things a different way. Like when making a sandwich I probably wouldn't do it the way the people do it. So I would probably do lettuce first then bread and than everything else. I figure why not, but if my grades are based on it I would try to do it correctly.

Hope this helps.

Any guesses I really need help! Any opinion are welcome. You don't have to be an expert.

If you have questions, let me know. :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The strong feeling of nostalgia is correlated with Introverted sensing so that's where the SJ comes into play. Being that strong of a feeling it would seem that it's your dominant. However, you mentioned being future oriented which points towards NF-J (Ni). The overall tone seems like 'feeling'. The thing that would distinguish S from N is why you're future oriented. Do you work towards a future that is drastically different than now, or are you more 'afraid' of the future and so you hope that you can recreate the present constantly in order to feel safe?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The strong feeling of nostalgia is correlated with Introverted sensing so that's where the SJ comes into play. Being that strong of a feeling it would seem that it's your dominant. However, you mentioned being future oriented which points towards NF-J (Ni). The overall tone seems like 'feeling'. The thing that would distinguish S from N is why you're future oriented. Do you work towards a future that is drastically different than now, or are you more 'afraid' of the future and so you hope that you can recreate the present constantly in order to feel safe?

I definitely work for one that is different from now. :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Psychoanalysis begin! How do you go about forming the future you wish to see and why?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yes, IxFJ :yes:

ISFJs are loyal, gentle, and kind. They are very sensitive to other people's needs especially because they are very observant. They have rich inner thoughts and emotions. They are deeply caring, and value stability and social harmony. They are very adept at giving attention to detail. (modified from lifexplore)

Conversation with an ISFJ "Protector Supporter"

What’s it like to be you?

I like feeling I have helped someone with a concern, helping them figure out, deal with, and resolve the problem, knowing that what I recommended or advised really did help that person.

I am fairly quiet with an easygoing attitude and am modest to some extent. I do not mind being alone, although I do like to be with people too. I like having friends, and family is the most important thing in my life. I am a reluctant leader—I like to have some say in things and I am glad I am doing it, but if things go well with someone else as leader, then that doesn’t bother me. Privacy is important, though it’s nice to be thought of well by others. I like to have some independence; to be able to come and go as I please is nice.

I am dependable and conscientious. I have a big sense of obligation with work. Doing a good job is really important to me. Give me specifics and a plan on how you want me to do it. Brainstorming is generally harder—it’s a skill to acquire. I prefer to work by myself without distractions because I like things done a certain way. It’s taken me a while to learn that my work is much better quality when I’m drawing from those who see things differently. They help keep up my enthusiasm. And I get upset when work backs up—and it probably takes me longer than most people to do something because I am so thorough. But when I have learned a lot about what I do, I think I get the job done much faster and I can make difficult work look easy. I cannot stand people not doing their best job. I do what I say I’m going to do and stick with it until it’s done. And I can find myself overcommitted. It’s important to me to be able to say “Okay, this is enough responsibility for now, I don’t have to climb that ladder at any cost.”

Organization has always been a real strength. I do it all internally, in my head. I am fairly detail oriented and a very structured person. I have to have things in a certain place, with a plan and things prioritized, so I can leave things and pick up the next day where I left off. Being structured is a natural thing with me, to want to have things set...

I consider myself adaptable to anyone. I feel that a lot of people think I am a nice person, and because I was always there for them in the past and willing to help, they try to take advantage of me. But as long as you are doing something okay with your life, then you are okay with me.

I need acknowledgment from people who I really care about. Compliments can be embarrassing face to face, though. A paycheck is nice recognition too. I like a day when everything works really well, when I get a lot done, people respond very positively and there is a lot of laughter. I have an unusual sense of humor, and I like laughter. (from bestfittype.com)

INFJs are introspective, caring, and complex. They strive for peace and derive satisfaction from helping others. They are highly intuitive, empathetic and dedicated listeners and advisors. They are intensely private and deeply committed to their beliefs. modified from lifexplore

Conversation with an INFJ "Foreseer Developer"

The quest for more knowledge, the meaning of life, the philosophical questions—my mind is always occupied, and what’s exciting is when I get to follow through with an insight and do something. I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives. I’m about the relationships and possibilities and enjoy anything with deeper meaning that leaves me wondering, with more questions to ask and things to untangle. Connecting for me means being able to intuitively ask questions of people to get them to go deeper into the things they are talking about.

Inspiring others, helping them find their purpose or meaning, being a different kind of leader from what’s traditional—that’s really gratifying. I just do that naturally. The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts. I’m a listener and guide.

I think I am a mystery to people. They never really understand me and part of me enjoys that. More often though, I long to be understood.

I tend to approach my day with a structured way of getting things accomplished. People see me as organized, thorough, and easy to get along with, pulling my own weight and eager to help out when called upon. But I’m not as outgoing or as critical as I may sometimes appear. I need a balance between people contact and working on creative projects and will break away from interactions when I get tired out. If I don’t have some long-term goals, then what’s the point?

I tend to intuitively read people very quickly, but I have to be cautious not to make assumptions. I’m an observer. I get a feeling when people are interesting, and I watch from a distance, make some assessments about the situation, and then approach them and engage in conversation. I put a little bit out and a little more and see how that goes. Do I trust and like them, are they who they say? I have a few deep friendships. A friendship comes best when it is worked to develop that investment. I quickly pick up on sincerity and withdraw if the person is superficial or obviously doesn’t care. When I see people who abuse their power or won’t stand behind what they say, that ticks me off. It’s about integrity. I feel other people’s feelings, and taking on that burden can make me too intense and serious, where I can’t be spontaneous and fun loving...

Everything revolves around growth. Caring is about the ability to help others grow. What I bring is caring about people, not things. If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow. In an honest, open, sincere relationship, I can accomplish anything. My challenge is to create those kinds of relationships. I respect most the person who is willing to come forth and be an individual—to make the world a better place, or make a difference in a person’s life, where we reach each other’s hearts. (from bestfittype.com)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Psychoanalysis begin! How do you go about forming the future you wish to see and why?

Hmm I usually think about it a whole lot. Look at the different ways I can could get it done. Then usually I find a way to get it done and try my best to follow it. If it doesn't work out then I usually find another way. Although I don't usually settle for the future, depending what it is I can..

yes, IxFJ :yes:

ISFJs are loyal, gentle, and kind. They are very sensitive to other people's needs especially because they are very observant. They have rich inner thoughts and emotions. They are deeply caring, and value stability and social harmony. They are very adept at giving attention to detail. (modified from lifexplore)

Conversation with an ISFJ "Protector Supporter"

I like feeling I have helped someone with a concern, helping them figure out, deal with, and resolve the problem, knowing that what I recommended or advised really did help that person.

I am fairly quiet with an easygoing attitude and am modest to some extent. I do not mind being alone, although I do like to be with people too. I like having friends, and family is the most important thing in my life. I am a reluctant leader—I like to have some say in things and I am glad I am doing it, but if things go well with someone else as leader, then that doesn’t bother me. Privacy is important, though it’s nice to be thought of well by others. I like to have some independence; to be able to come and go as I please is nice.

I am dependable and conscientious. I have a big sense of obligation with work. Doing a good job is really important to me. Give me specifics and a plan on how you want me to do it. Brainstorming is generally harder—it’s a skill to acquire. I prefer to work by myself without distractions because I like things done a certain way. It’s taken me a while to learn that my work is much better quality when I’m drawing from those who see things differently. They help keep up my enthusiasm. And I get upset when work backs up—and it probably takes me longer than most people to do something because I am so thorough. But when I have learned a lot about what I do, I think I get the job done much faster and I can make difficult work look easy. I cannot stand people not doing their best job. I do what I say I’m going to do and stick with it until it’s done. And I can find myself overcommitted. It’s important to me to be able to say “Okay, this is enough responsibility for now, I don’t have to climb that ladder at any cost.”

Organization has always been a real strength. I do it all internally, in my head. I am fairly detail oriented and a very structured person. I have to have things in a certain place, with a plan and things prioritized, so I can leave things and pick up the next day where I left off. Being structured is a natural thing with me, to want to have things set...

I consider myself adaptable to anyone. I feel that a lot of people think I am a nice person, and because I was always there for them in the past and willing to help, they try to take advantage of me. But as long as you are doing something okay with your life, then you are okay with me.

I need acknowledgment from people who I really care about. Compliments can be embarrassing face to face, though. A paycheck is nice recognition too. I like a day when everything works really well, when I get a lot done, people respond very positively and there is a lot of laughter. I have an unusual sense of humor, and I like laughter. (from bestfittype.com)

INFJs are introspective, caring, and complex. They strive for peace and derive satisfaction from helping others. They are highly intuitive, empathetic and dedicated listeners and advisors. They are intensely private and deeply committed to their beliefs. modified from lifexplore

Conversation with an INFJ "Foreseer Developer"

The quest for more knowledge, the meaning of life, the philosophical questions—my mind is always occupied, and what’s exciting is when I get to follow through with an insight and do something. I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives. I’m about the relationships and possibilities and enjoy anything with deeper meaning that leaves me wondering, with more questions to ask and things to untangle. Connecting for me means being able to intuitively ask questions of people to get them to go deeper into the things they are talking about.

Inspiring others, helping them find their purpose or meaning, being a different kind of leader from what’s traditional—that’s really gratifying. I just do that naturally. The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts. I’m a listener and guide.

I think I am a mystery to people. They never really understand me and part of me enjoys that. More often though, I long to be understood.

I tend to approach my day with a structured way of getting things accomplished. People see me as organized, thorough, and easy to get along with, pulling my own weight and eager to help out when called upon. But I’m not as outgoing or as critical as I may sometimes appear. I need a balance between people contact and working on creative projects and will break away from interactions when I get tired out. If I don’t have some long-term goals, then what’s the point?

I tend to intuitively read people very quickly, but I have to be cautious not to make assumptions. I’m an observer. I get a feeling when people are interesting, and I watch from a distance, make some assessments about the situation, and then approach them and engage in conversation. I put a little bit out and a little more and see how that goes. Do I trust and like them, are they who they say? I have a few deep friendships. A friendship comes best when it is worked to develop that investment. I quickly pick up on sincerity and withdraw if the person is superficial or obviously doesn’t care. When I see people who abuse their power or won’t stand behind what they say, that ticks me off. It’s about integrity. I feel other people’s feelings, and taking on that burden can make me too intense and serious, where I can’t be spontaneous and fun loving...

Everything revolves around growth. Caring is about the ability to help others grow. What I bring is caring about people, not things. If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow. In an honest, open, sincere relationship, I can accomplish anything. My challenge is to create those kinds of relationships. I respect most the person who is willing to come forth and be an individual—to make the world a better place, or make a difference in a person’s life, where we reach each other’s hearts. (from bestfittype.com)

Hi, The issue I have with these types is that I don't agree with the overly feelyness with people. I can honestly say I kinda don't enjoy peoples company. I suppose it depends, but usually I don't. The simple act of talking the phone makes me want to crawl under a rock.

I really don't think I care about being understood. Maybe in a relationship I would care, but normally I don't. I'm kind of organize, but in my own way. My room is kind of mess. I usually just plan everything in my head. ex I'll get up in 10 min and brush my teeth, that will take me 2 min, then get a drink. etc

I can't really follow a plan if I write it out, but only do it in my head. If I write a school plan out then I can follow that pretty easy though.

I usually analyze the way people are to see if I can trust them. If I ever notice some sly that they did I will never forget it and probably hold it aganist them.

I pretend things don't bother me, when they do. I can pretend I like you, but really dislike you (I mean really!) I just wouldn't say it because I don't want to hurt your feelings.

I really like the paranormal, even if it scares me.

I'm not really religous, I'm skeptical about everything (I mean everything).

I don't think they are definite answer to anything.

I like technology, history and science.

Money is important, because it allows me to have things I want.

I like news on celebrities.

I tell my friends randoms facts about things like science, history, and celebrities.

I like the concept of demographics and population of places.

I'm in love with romantic comedies and romantic sappy love songs.

I think of really random things. Like once a friend was talking to be me and I heard everything they were saying, but at the same time I was looking straight and it was raining and they were driving and I was thinking how would it be if I had a extenstion chord and I flying outside and I plugging some other plug up and I was wearing a army suit too.

Something that happens to me a lot (Like right now while I was writing this) is that I know when things are gonna happen. Like a random 90s song pop in my head and I said it would cool if they played and low in behold they played it. Happens to me a whole lot.

I usually I ask to be type because on different forums I get typed as really different types. So I'm really confuse.

Soo please help.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find the beauty in the littlest things. A picture of a leaf on a table for example.

Stereotypically this trait is attributed to type 4 but could apply to any type, MBTI or enneagramwise.

I'm always thinking about everything, it gives me a headache actually.

Could be just about any type.

Again, could apply to most any types. Which TV shows do you like best and why?

I kinda think type 9's might have slightly more of a tendency to relax by vegging out in front of the TV but really, most people do this.

I also enjoy museums.

What kinds of museums?

I get a 6 or 9 impression from this.

I often see nostalgia in type 4 and type 9. Type 4 I think would be more sad about it though.

MBTI wise, I think its a combination of Si and Fi

Type 9. Probably an MBTI introvert, IXFX, maybe INTP

I'm sooo driven though its ridiculous, but really ridiculous its just that I do it more to myself then anything.

This suggests J, although I was considering IXFP for you

Probably not ISFP or INFP then (they have dominant Fi which you didn't list).

I'm soo future oriented is ridiculous. I can't enjoy the current moment for anything.

N type

Introvert

I like the little things that people give me. Or lack of. A simple hug or card is just as amazing too.

This points to Fe. IXFJ has auxilary Fe. I know you didn't mention Fe as one of the functions you identify much with. Maybe you have just have strong tertiary Ti and as a strong introvert maybe you don't express the extraverted auxilary as much?

I blend into the crowd.

Enneagram type 9, MBTI introvert

I like doing things a different way. Like when making a sandwich I probably wouldn't do it the way the people do it. So I would probably do lettuce first then bread and than everything else. I figure why not, but if my grades are based on it I would try to do it correctly.

I think these last two are suggestive of Ne.

I think you're probably an enneagram 9. MBTI wise, you're harder to pin down. Definitely introverted. I'm going to guess ISFJ with a well developed Ne. Normally ISFJ has inferior Ne and it wouldn't be a strong function even though they use it. Also your Fe isn't quite as apparent as I've seen with other ISFJs.

Still, I think more F than T; more J than P. Functionwise, I see more Si/Ne than Ni/Se. I also see behind the scenes interaction style, which is consistent with ISFJ. (INFJ is chart the course). So I kinda think ISFJ is the best overall fit even though its not a perfect one.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Stereotypically this trait is attributed to type 4 but could apply to any type, MBTI or enneagramwise.

I'm always thinking about eve rything, it gives me a headache actually.

Could be just about any type.

Again, could apply to most any types. Which TV shows do you like best and why?

I kinda think type 9's might have slightly more of a tendency to relax by vegging out in front of the TV but really, most people do this.

I also enjoy museums.

What kinds of museums?

I get a 6 or 9 impression from this.

I often see nostalgia in type 4 and type 9. Type 4 I think would be more sad about it though.

MBTI wise, I think its a combination of Si and Fi

Type 9. Probably an MBTI introvert, IXFX, maybe INTP

This suggests J, although I was considering IXFP for you

Probably not ISFP or INFP then (they have dominant Fi which you didn't list).

N type

Introvert

This points to Fe. IXFJ has auxilary Fe. I know you didn't mention Fe as one of the functions you identify much with. Maybe you have just have strong tertiary Ti and as a strong introvert maybe you don't express the extraverted auxilary as much?

I blend into the crowd.

Enneagram type 9, MBTI introvert

I think these last two are suggestive of Ne.

I think you're probably an enneagram 9. MBTI wise, you're harder to pin down. Definitely introverted. I'm going to guess ISFJ with a well developed Ne. Normally ISFJ has inferior Ne and it wouldn't be a strong function even though they use it. Also your Fe isn't quite as apparent as I've seen with other ISFJs.

Still, I think more F than T; more J than P. Functionwise, I see more Si/Ne than Ni/Se. I also see behind the scenes interaction style, which is consistent with ISFJ. (INFJ is chart the course). So I kinda think ISFJ is the best overall fit even though its not a perfect one.

Museums

Their isn't a lot museums by where I live, but the ones that I've been to is the art museum and science one. I would like to go to go to a museum in NY looking at Dinosaur bones and the homo sapiens bones that were found years ago.

The shows that like

Naked Science, because I like science you learn something, but also talks about cool stuff like the lock ness monster, which is cool.

Shows about planets different universes, because I like astronomy its interesting I like learning about planets, but also looking at new planets.

Paranormal shows, Because I like the idea of the their being witches and stuff around. I mean I really don't know they exist or not.

Anthropologic/Palentologic shows because I find it uberly interesting since I was a child, That idea that we all came from primates its sooo cool. I can't get enough of it. I also always liked dinosaurs and animals and watching them and how they interact.

Scripted shows

How I met your mother, Scrubs, Glee, Charmed, Friends, to name a few....

I believe I like these shows because they all have a common thing at some point they are all looking for love and I really like love stories, they are all in a group chatting, and I really like the randomness they make me laugh sometimes (Not always though I really don't laugh at the TV). At some point I thought of the same things most of them thought of.

When it comes to Si I agree with the fact that they are more likely to be nostalgic, but that's about it though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
perhaps you are INFP. do you have a strong feeling of being either J or P?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
perhaps you are INFP. do you have a strong feeling of being either J or P?

I'm not sure, maybe you can tell me.

I live my life by a schedule usually.

I like random adventures.

I don't really like change unless I make the change myself.

I'm impatient, but like really badly.

I don't like waiting for anything. Lines and stuff like that.

I don't like people making plans for me.

My room is messy, but organized in my own way.

Hope this help.

Noon

I think it fits well with either INFJ or ISFJ.

Pi for sure! Sometimes I envy SPs for their ability to be immersed in what they are doing in the present moment.

One big question though: is your future orientation based on anxiety, curiosity, a feeling of wanting to guard against uncertainty? Which?

Not directly MBTI related, but could point towards one of the withdrawn etypes (4, 5, 9). What do you find uncomfortable and stressful about social situations?

I blend into the crowd.

It sounds like either introvert or dominant Pi again! Inferior Ne or Se, probably more Fe than Fi.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think it fits well with either INFJ or ISFJ.

Pi for sure! Sometimes I envy SPs for their ability to be immersed in what they are doing in the present moment.

One big question though: is your future orientation based on anxiety, curiosity, a feeling of wanting to guard against uncertainty? Which?

Not directly MBTI related, but could point towards one of the withdrawn etypes (4, 5, 9). What do you find uncomfortable and stressful about social situations?

It sounds like either introvert or dominant Pi again! Inferior Ne or Se, probably more Fe than Fi.

Thanks for the help.

Not based on the anxiety,
although it is kinda scary. More
curiosity then anything . I find it
cool how we never know whats
gonna happen . Then I think how
do we know there is a future? Lol

and....

The simple act of talking to
people or living kinda. Having to
ask for stuff . Waiters / Waitress
kinda freak me out having to ask