User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENXP???

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENXP???

Im just a little confused about something. I border on ENFP and ENTP.

When I read up on ENFP profiles, I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
    So I could also act and think like an ENTP at times.
    Does this have to do with being a borderline ENF/TP ???
    If a person is ENXP, what do they lean towards the most- the F or T ???

Thanks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Im just a little confused about something. I border on ENFP and ENTP.

When I read up on ENFP profiles, I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
    So I could also act and think like an ENTP at times.
    Does this have to do with being a borderline ENF/TP ???
    If a person is ENXP, what do they lean towards the most- the F or T ???
    ENFP's can certainly be alpha Females.
    I have said to be intimidating at times.
    I am also quite strong willed when I decide so.

I'm not very mushy.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Don't forget ENFPs have Te tertiary.

My best friend in high school was an ENFP -- tested and the whole nine yards.

The Fi/Te combo made him, in a lot of ways (probably most ways), much more passionate and aggressive than me.

If someone would stomp on his deeply held values, he'd release all kinds of intellectual kung-fuery. Very passionately & colorfully, too. The problem was, Fi's values are personalized and not obvious to everyone else, so people often didn't realize they were being so insensitive around him.

But he displayed a much stronger will more often than I ever would.

Dunno what else to add. ENTPs have Ti/Fe, and I'm not sure in all the ways I use Fe.

I do know that, despite my stoic-but-quirky scientist persona, I'm a pretty big softy in a lot of ways. E.g. I always take late homework from students, I compulsively stay involved with humanitarian organizations, I have an uncharacteristic curiosity about the details of my friends' personal lives, etc. I think some of this may be due to Fe.

Edit: It's too early, and I don't think I've expressed my thoughts clearly. I will come back sometime after noon, when my brain begins to function.

Edit x2: I decided that the word "aggressive" was too strong. Let me give you an example of what I meant:

At a party we were at, someone casually used the "n"-word. This disgusted both of us. But it was him who *had* to call the guy out on it. He was much more confrontational with jerks. That's sort of what I meant.
    Last edited by nemo; 03-13-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: clarity
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
    I am an ENFP, and although I can be emotional at times, I have never ever been, or have been perceived as mushy.

I am definitely not an aggressive person, although when provoked by an aggressive instigator, I have no problems whatsoever aggressively fighting back.

I am, and have always been assertive, which is quite different than being aggressive. Rather than classifying myself as an Alpha Female, I'd more likely classify myself as an androgynous individual of the feminine kind.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Keep in mind the gender role bias. Society and probably even you have a preconceived notion of females as F's. A few implications of this:

1. You might be scoring higher on F just because of this preconceived notion about what you should prefer.

2. Females scoring low on F might be considered "relative T's" in comparison with other females.

I think similar implications exist for low T males too.

MBTI
    ENFP

Wow...great insights! Thanks.

Alcearos: I think yeah youre right, its the strong willed side that shines out.

NEMO: What do you mean by this? "The Fi/Te combo made him, in a lot of ways (probably most ways), much more passionate and aggressive than me."
    How does the Fi/Te combination work??

CaptainChick: Im with you there! Im also a fighter

Javo: Makes complete sense, about female roles playing out more. I wonder to what level does it affect the MBTI results? Does that make me a T or F? mmmmm

I wonder to what level does it affect the MBTI results? Does that make me a T or F? mmmmm
    I think the effect varies according to the individual... How much do you think gender expectations affected your results?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I am, and have always been assertive, which is quite different than being aggressive. Rather than classifying myself as an Alpha Female
    IMO, Alpha is not aggressiveness. Alpha is assertiveness.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

From Wikipedia...

In social animals, the alpha male or alpha female is the individual in the community to whom the others follow and defer. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha pair. In some groups, the alpha males and females are overrepresented in the genetics of a population if they are the only ones who breed successfully.

Chimpanzees show deference to the alpha of the community by ritualised gestures such as bowing, allowing the alpha to walk first in a procession, or standing aside when the alpha challenges. Canines also show deference to the alpha pair in their pack, by allowing them to be the first to eat and, usually, the only pair to mate; wolves are a good example of this. The status of the alpha is generally achieved by means of superior physical prowess; however, in certain highly social species such as the bonobo and humans, a contender can use more indirect methods, such as political alliances, to oust the ruling alpha and take his/her place.

In humans, the expression refers to a man who is powerful or high on the social ladder, similar to hegemonic masculinity.

Beta and omega

In the power hierarchy of the human group, two other roles also are defined and named. First, the beta male or female, which is the contender, subservient to the alpha male or female, but only after testing. The betas act as second-in-command and can either be dethroned alpha male or females or future alphas if they persist in challenging the regnant alpha male or female. The term omega (ω) is an antonym often used in a deprecating or self-deprecating manner to refer to member at the bottom of the social hierarchy. The omega is subservient to all members.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Javo....mmm good question, but to get that answer I would have to think! and I cant be bothered today :P

Captain Chick...thanks for insight about alphas.

ALL:
    How does the Fi/Te combination work??
    It means one becomes a cold hearted bitch??