• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENXP???

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Im just a little confused about something. I border on ENFP and ENTP.

When I read up on ENFP profiles, I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
So I could also act and think like an ENTP at times.
Does this have to do with being a borderline ENF/TP ???
If a person is ENXP, what do they lean towards the most- the F or T ???

Thanks.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Im just a little confused about something. I border on ENFP and ENTP.

When I read up on ENFP profiles, I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
So I could also act and think like an ENTP at times.
Does this have to do with being a borderline ENF/TP ???
If a person is ENXP, what do they lean towards the most- the F or T ???

ENFP's can certainly be alpha Females.
I have said to be intimidating at times.
I am also quite strong willed when I decide so.

I'm not very mushy.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Don't forget ENFPs have Te tertiary.

My best friend in high school was an ENFP -- tested and the whole nine yards.

The Fi/Te combo made him, in a lot of ways (probably most ways), much more passionate and aggressive than me.

If someone would stomp on his deeply held values, he'd release all kinds of intellectual kung-fuery. Very passionately & colorfully, too. The problem was, Fi's values are personalized and not obvious to everyone else, so people often didn't realize they were being so insensitive around him.

But he displayed a much stronger will more often than I ever would.

Dunno what else to add. ENTPs have Ti/Fe, and I'm not sure in all the ways I use Fe.

I do know that, despite my stoic-but-quirky scientist persona, I'm a pretty big softy in a lot of ways. E.g. I always take late homework from students, I compulsively stay involved with humanitarian organizations, I have an uncharacteristic curiosity about the details of my friends' personal lives, etc. I think some of this may be due to Fe.

Edit: It's too early, and I don't think I've expressed my thoughts clearly. I will come back sometime after noon, when my brain begins to function. ;)

Edit x2: I decided that the word "aggressive" was too strong. Let me give you an example of what I meant:

At a party we were at, someone casually used the "n"-word. This disgusted both of us. But it was him who *had* to call the guy out on it. He was much more confrontational with jerks. That's sort of what I meant.

Last edited:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I could relate to some things but not all, as I dont see myself as so mushy and emotional all the time. I feel I'm aggressive, probably Alpha Female.
I am an ENFP, and although I can be emotional at times, I have never ever been, or have been perceived as mushy.

I am definitely not an aggressive person, although when provoked by an aggressive instigator, I have no problems whatsoever aggressively fighting back.

I am, and have always been assertive, which is quite different than being aggressive. Rather than classifying myself as an Alpha Female, I'd more likely classify myself as an androgynous individual of the feminine kind.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Keep in mind the gender role bias. Society and probably even you have a preconceived notion of females as F's. A few implications of this:

1. You might be scoring higher on F just because of this preconceived notion about what you should prefer.

2. Females scoring low on F might be considered "relative T's" in comparison with other females.

I think similar implications exist for low T males too.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow...great insights! Thanks.

Alcearos: I think yeah youre right, its the strong willed side that shines out.

NEMO: What do you mean by this? "The Fi/Te combo made him, in a lot of ways (probably most ways), much more passionate and aggressive than me."
How does the Fi/Te combination work??

CaptainChick: Im with you there! Im also a fighter :)

Javo: Makes complete sense, about female roles playing out more. I wonder to what level does it affect the MBTI results? Does that make me a T or F? mmmmm

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I wonder to what level does it affect the MBTI results? Does that make me a T or F? mmmmm

I think the effect varies according to the individual... How much do you think gender expectations affected your results? ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
From Wikipedia...

In social animals, the alpha male or alpha female is the individual in the community to whom the others follow and defer. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha pair. In some groups, the alpha males and females are overrepresented in the genetics of a population if they are the only ones who breed successfully.

Chimpanzees show deference to the alpha of the community by ritualised gestures such as bowing, allowing the alpha to walk first in a procession, or standing aside when the alpha challenges. Canines also show deference to the alpha pair in their pack, by allowing them to be the first to eat and, usually, the only pair to mate; wolves are a good example of this. The status of the alpha is generally achieved by means of superior physical prowess; however, in certain highly social species such as the bonobo and humans, a contender can use more indirect methods, such as political alliances, to oust the ruling alpha and take his/her place.

In humans, the expression refers to a man who is powerful or high on the social ladder, similar to hegemonic masculinity.

Beta and omega

In the power hierarchy of the human group, two other roles also are defined and named. First, the beta male or female, which is the contender, subservient to the alpha male or female, but only after testing. The betas act as second-in-command and can either be dethroned alpha male or females or future alphas if they persist in challenging the regnant alpha male or female. The term omega (ω) is an antonym often used in a deprecating or self-deprecating manner to refer to member at the bottom of the social hierarchy. The omega is subservient to all members.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Javo....mmm good question, but to get that answer I would have to think! and I cant be bothered today :p:D

Captain Chick...thanks for insight about alphas.

ALL:
It means one becomes a cold hearted bitch??

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ENFP with aggression... :thinking: Doesn't that lead to the problem of frustration as you know you want to hit the bad guy but you're confused at who that is and you don't want to hit the wrong one in case everyone hates you?

:D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENFP with aggression... :thinking: Doesn't that lead to the problem of frustration as you know you want to hit the bad guy but you're confused at who that is and you don't want to hit the wrong one in case everyone hates you?

:D

ENFP:
Agression: No.
Assertive: Yes, sometimes.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
ALL:
It means one becomes a cold hearted bitch??

No way!

And sorry I misspoke earlier. I shouldn't post at 6am haha. I edited my post a bit for clarity.

*Supposedly* the general effect of Fi/Te is that an ENFP will implement their deeply held, emotionally sophisticated philosophical and ethical values (Fi) with paradoxically stunning rationality, logic, scientific-like scrutiny, and efficiency (Te). Note that, in theory at least, Fi is always dominant over Te, and the use of Te is pretty minimal and utilitarian (i.e. only used "as needed").

I'm kind of a skeptic, though, and halfway think all this stuff is uselessly complicated and all just a way for the descriptions to potentially appeal to a wider range of behaviors without really saying anything (see: Forer effect).

But take it as you will.

Someone feel free to jump in and tell me how wrong I am. It's been one of those days so far. I need more sleep.

PS: ENFPs are all sweethearts. ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, the Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te made it pretty easy to tell which one I was.

I just couldn't relate to Ti.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm starting to lean more toward you being an F now. ;) :D

heheh yeah me too :p

No way!

*Supposedly* the general effect of Fi/Te is that an ENFP will implement their deeply held, emotionally sophisticated philosophical and ethical values (Fi) with paradoxically stunning rationality, logic, scientific-like scrutiny, and efficiency (Te). Note that, in theory at least, Fi is always dominant over Te, and the use of Te is pretty minimal and utilitarian (i.e. only used "as needed").

PS: ENFPs are all sweethearts. ;)

Nemo...I love you already. :D I mean greatttt wordings! I can totally understand what youre saying now, because I just experienced that today! Switching to my T based logic thing, justifying my inner beliefs. :D

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't buy into the the whole function order thing with MBTI. Sure, it can give you a rough idea on preferences, but I don't think it's written in stone. So, I don't give much credence to the Fi/Te Ti/Fe argument. It only looks pretty.

I have pretty strong Ti, but almost no Fe.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't buy into the the whole function order thing with MBTI. Sure, it can give you a rough idea on preferences, but I don't think it's written in stone. So, I don't give much credence to the Fi/Te Ti/Fe argument. It only looks pretty.

I have pretty strong Ti, but almost no Fe.

So tell me ...being an ENXP....what side of the fence are you on?? T or F???
Or do u use another method rather than MBTI ???