User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: ENXP???

  1. #11
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    ENFP with aggression... Doesn't that lead to the problem of frustration as you know you want to hit the bad guy but you're confused at who that is and you don't want to hit the wrong one in case everyone hates you?

    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #12
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ENFP with aggression... Doesn't that lead to the problem of frustration as you know you want to hit the bad guy but you're confused at who that is and you don't want to hit the wrong one in case everyone hates you?

    ENFP:
    Agression: No.
    Assertive: Yes, sometimes.

  3. #13
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    ENFP:
    Agression: No.
    Assertive: Yes, sometimes.
    Hey I'm not saying nothing till we've inspected the bodies okay. Wiping out the witnesses is just not cricket!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  4. #14
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Hey I'm not saying nothing till we've inspected the bodies okay. Wiping out the witnesses is just not cricket!
    What on earth are you talking about?
    INTP language probably because me no understand.

  5. #15
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Javo....mmm good question, but to get that answer I would have to think! and I cant be bothered today :P
    I'm starting to lean more toward you being an F now.

  6. #16
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    ALL:
    How does the Fi/Te combination work??
    It means one becomes a cold hearted bitch??
    No way!

    And sorry I misspoke earlier. I shouldn't post at 6am haha. I edited my post a bit for clarity.

    *Supposedly* the general effect of Fi/Te is that an ENFP will implement their deeply held, emotionally sophisticated philosophical and ethical values (Fi) with paradoxically stunning rationality, logic, scientific-like scrutiny, and efficiency (Te). Note that, in theory at least, Fi is always dominant over Te, and the use of Te is pretty minimal and utilitarian (i.e. only used "as needed").

    I'm kind of a skeptic, though, and halfway think all this stuff is uselessly complicated and all just a way for the descriptions to potentially appeal to a wider range of behaviors without really saying anything (see: Forer effect).

    But take it as you will.

    Someone feel free to jump in and tell me how wrong I am. It's been one of those days so far. I need more sleep.

    PS: ENFPs are all sweethearts.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  7. #17
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Yeah, the Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te made it pretty easy to tell which one I was.

    I just couldn't relate to Ti.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I'm starting to lean more toward you being an F now.
    heheh yeah me too :P

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    No way!

    *Supposedly* the general effect of Fi/Te is that an ENFP will implement their deeply held, emotionally sophisticated philosophical and ethical values (Fi) with paradoxically stunning rationality, logic, scientific-like scrutiny, and efficiency (Te). Note that, in theory at least, Fi is always dominant over Te, and the use of Te is pretty minimal and utilitarian (i.e. only used "as needed").

    PS: ENFPs are all sweethearts.
    Nemo...I love you already. I mean greatttt wordings! I can totally understand what youre saying now, because I just experienced that today! Switching to my T based logic thing, justifying my inner beliefs.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    I don't buy into the the whole function order thing with MBTI. Sure, it can give you a rough idea on preferences, but I don't think it's written in stone. So, I don't give much credence to the Fi/Te Ti/Fe argument. It only looks pretty.

    I have pretty strong Ti, but almost no Fe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #20
    Senior Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't buy into the the whole function order thing with MBTI. Sure, it can give you a rough idea on preferences, but I don't think it's written in stone. So, I don't give much credence to the Fi/Te Ti/Fe argument. It only looks pretty.

    I have pretty strong Ti, but almost no Fe.
    So tell me ...being an ENXP....what side of the fence are you on?? T or F???
    Or do u use another method rather than MBTI ???

Similar Threads

  1. ENxP here.
    By Kl33 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
  2. ENxP (haven't made up my mind yet) says hi!!
    By hjomn in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 02:32 AM
  3. [MBTItm] ENXP CAUSES - Share and compare
    By Gamine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
  4. [MBTItm] ENxP and Lateral Thinking.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO