User Tag List

First 12

Thanks for all your help. The suggestion to look at the negative aspects of the functions was very helpful, and that's what I did when I checked those links describing the specific functions. I readily identified with the Introverted Sensation and Extroverted Thinking.

I know it seems odd (or absurd) to anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the differing functions that I could possibly be confused as to which I most closely match. I'll spare you the details, but I am now just getting to the point in my life where I realize that's is safe to behave (and yes--even think) in a manner that is natural to me, rather than what has been forced on me and what I have chosen to do in the interest of self-preservation. I've only recently begun the process of sorting out "who I am" from "what I had to pretend to be". That's what led me here.

I'm grateful for all your respectful replies and the considerable knowledge you've freely shared.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If you are on the fence between INFJ and ISTJ, perhaps you are an ISFJ.

ISTJ = Si Te Fi Ne
    ISFJ = Si Fe Ti Ne
    INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se

There isn't much crossover between INFJ and ISTJ. They are rather distinct.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Now that you mention it, I have a similar problem at the moment. I recently took an online test to see what personality type I am. The first time I took it I got ISTJ. The second time, I got INFJ, and I got INFJ the third time I took it as well. Out of six times taking the same test, I got INFJ twice, and ISTJ the other four times.

The reason why I kept getting different results was because they shuffled the questions and the possible responses around each time, so it became harder to memorise what response to give.

But the fact that I kept getting different personality types each time was confusing me slightly. Below is what I turned up with after the sixth resit of the same test.

Personality Profile of Billy (Personality Type, Multiple Intelligences)

Personally, I think that I'm a sort of mix between ISTJ and INFJ. But perhaps if I had to choose one of them, I've decided that my S and T traits are perhaps slightly more dominant than my N and F traits.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

ISTJ!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by soloscura View Post
    Now that you mention it, I have a similar problem at the moment. I recently took an online test to see what personality type I am. The first time I took it I got ISTJ. The second time, I got INFJ, and I got INFJ the third time I took it as well. Out of six times taking the same test, I got INFJ twice, and ISTJ the other four times.

The reason why I kept getting different results was because they shuffled the questions and the possible responses around each time, so it became harder to memorise what response to give.

But the fact that I kept getting different personality types each time was confusing me slightly. Below is what I turned up with after the sixth resit of the same test.

Personality Profile of Billy (Personality Type, Multiple Intelligences)

Personally, I think that I'm a sort of mix between ISTJ and INFJ. But perhaps if I had to choose one of them, I've decided that my S and T traits are perhaps slightly more dominant than my N and F traits.
    It's funny because your process sounds like something I might say.

But to you and to the OP (if he's still around), Toonia makes a good suggestion. Think you might be an ISFJ?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.