User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default I think I developed Ni.

I have no idea how to explain what Ni is..but I think I've developed it.

I'm looking for someone who understands Ni to either confirm or deny that this is Ni.

What is Ni?

-It's something I'll never grasp.
    -It's the state of knowing something..and knowing that you don't know anything..without this being in any way paradoxical.
    -It's the ability to see what you want to see.
    -It's the ability to know what you want to know.
    -It's the ability to know that you don't know anything..including that..and even though that is paradoxical, it isn't..yet it is..
    -It's surrendering yourself to the paradoxical meaning of the world..yet knowing that by surrendering meaning..you give life and everything meaning..
    -It's knowing that you are right..and you are wrong..at the exact same time..and that is the reality of the situation..yet it isn't...yet it can be..
    -It's knowing that ultimately although I think that this comes close to what I'm trying to say...it isn't what I'm trying to say.

Ni tells me that no matter what happens with this thread I'll never quite get confirmation that this is in fact Ni. I can chose this to be Ni..or I can not..it really is all up to me..

I still consider myself intp...Ni see's no contradiction...Ti wants there to be no contradiction..Si wonders if there really is no contradiction..and Fi is angry because I refuse to indulge it..haha..

ThatGirl

That sounds more like a perspective shift. Like you hear about through moral and conscious development. I vote not Ni.

MBTI
    ENTP

No.

You can't develop functions.

You guys seem to think mkenya's serious.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    Well played.

Permabanned

I think I am serious..or maybe not..I'm just trying to understand things...

But I think you can develop functions. I think I've done it. I have developed different ways of "thinking" at will. I didn't have this ability before I knew what a function was (or maybe I did, but I just didn't understand it as much as I perceive myself to now). I can choose to be logical. I can choose to be emotional. I can choose to extroverted. These things are things I can consciously choose to turn up or down..it's really all up to me. Whether this is really just Ti manifesting itself in different ways..or whether these new ways of thinking are actually cognitive functions is inconsequential. I choose to understand it as "cognitive functions" and it's my understanding that matters..

I didn't have this ability before (or at least this "level of understanding" of this ability)... I choose to manifest my understanding of this ability with "cognitive functions" because I can. To me..it explains it enough that I believe that other people might be able to get some meaning from it. The truth is..I actually discovered this ability outside the realms of the MBTI. I just realized that the thing that I'm trying to get other people to understand (for some reason..i think it's important ha) can be understood through MBTI..at least for me. I'm curious to know whether if it is for others as well.

I have no idea if what I'm writing makes sense...I mean it does to me..but I could easily see how it wouldn't to others. It really is indescribable by words. (Which is why I thought maybe it might have manifested itself as "Ni" under MBTI..since it was (and still is) a concept that proved elusive when I was trying to understand it.

ThatGirl

It makes sense but what you are describing in your OP all point to states of being and experience. Ni, is a way of thinking, how one takes in and processes information.

I think you would find more fulfillment reading on hippie stuff like consciousness, which pertains to a perceptive level of relating to your internal and eternal world.

While you may see some similarities between Ni descriptions and what it is you are experiencing, I can assure you what was described in your OP and the function itself are two very different things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

There is a clear definition of the process of Ni in difference to the all popular 'just knowing' definition. Though it seems no matter how many times it is properly explained, people continuously decide to make the thought of the function fuzzy.

LOL.