User Tag List

First 234

Thread: ENFP or ENTP?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I dunno, but chaotic neutral sort of seems more ENFP to me (ok... combine that with skimming the rest of the thread )

if you don't mind my asking, how old are you?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Your #1 has the same problem as the one you mentioned before. Also, plenty of NTs of all stripes are fantasy prone - it's just that as they get older, their fantasy life becomes a bit more grounded in reality. You're probably not going to express a "special connection with children" if you're male, for obvious reasons. Finally, Ti often hates formal experimentation, because it's often taught with entirely too much paperwork required (I would have loved chemistry if it weren't for fucking lab reports).

It's a good start, but you're going to have to get a little more vague and sideways with the questions.
    GOOD GOD I HATE LAB REPORTS! >:|

And yeah, I agree. I don't see how those questions are any less misleading.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i love chemistry and hate lab reports too actually i can't really imagine a Ne dom who actually likes lab reports. actually i don't really know anyone who likes lab reports. i mean, i'm glad they exist, they're important, but they're a pain.

generalized differences between Fi aux (ENFP) and Fe tert (ENTP):

edit: aw, fuck, table code doesn't work. FINE

Fe (tertiary)
    • from the outside: warm and charming, or cold and distant.
    • with others: adept in groups. good at making people feel welcome (or unwelcome.)
    • general focus: interpersonal, social currents, harmony between people.
    • as tert: may feel like it can be "turned on/off" as needed.
    • common bad habit (as tert): testing others to see how they will react.

Fi (auxiliary)
    • from the outside: warm and inviting, or cold and condemning.
    • with others: best 1-on-1. good at making others feel comfortable (or exposed.)
    • general focus: intrapersonal, authenticity, individuals' harmony with their selves.
    • as aux: almost permanently in "on" position and feels almost universally applicable.
    • common bad habit (as aux): confronting others when hurt.

MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I dunno, but chaotic neutral sort of seems more ENFP to me (ok... combine that with skimming the rest of the thread )
    what would you expect an ENTP to be, out of curiosity?

if you don't mind my asking, how old are you?
    Chaotic Neutral
    Goblin Shaman
    ENxP
    7w6 sp/so

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Your #1 has the same problem as the one you mentioned before. Also, plenty of NTs of all stripes are fantasy prone - it's just that as they get older, their fantasy life becomes a bit more grounded in reality. You're probably not going to express a "special connection with children" if you're male, for obvious reasons. Finally, Ti often hates formal experimentation, because it's often taught with entirely too much paperwork required (I would have loved chemistry if it weren't for fucking lab reports).

It's a good start, but you're going to have to get a little more vague and sideways with the questions.
    agreed except for the bold. it is certainly probable for an FP male to have a strong connection with children. I mean, we're not like animals who just have sex and move on to someone else. some of us love children and make sure to spend plenty of time with the kids. I'm tempted to say your comment is sexist, but I won't

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    agreed except for the bold. it is certainly probable for an FP male to have a strong connection with children. I mean, we're not like animals who just have sex and move on to someone else. some of us love children and make sure to spend plenty of time with the kids. I'm tempted to say your comment is sexist, but I won't
    You may have that connection, but it's likely that many have repressed it, for fear of being thought of as effeminate at best, a pedophile at worst.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

You may have that connection, but it's likely that many have repressed it, for fear of being thought of as effeminate at best, a pedophile at worst.
    you make a good point. society does tend to equate being good with children as either overly effeminate or worse a pedophile. it's a rather double standard as they otherwise consider us overly macho or unrefined.