MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    ^ See, I don't know.

My thought is that the 'S' questions seem to lean more towards Si than Se, so I think it's fairly common for SP's to test as N's.
    Yes. This.

I also want to echo that I think the ISFP description of Artist is really cool, and I actually relate to some of their traits (I love nature, and enjoy sleeping for long periods of time for example) and I don't think there's anything wrong with the ESFP description, either, as performer or actor, whatever it is. That's neat-o.

And who is to say ISTJs aren't glad to be called duty fulfillers? I saw some of them on Pers Cafe defending their right to be just that. They don't seem especially bothered by it.

Maybe it's your own bias that makes you think the N descriptions sound cool.

I mean, I remember (incorrectly) testing as INFJ and being HELLA DISAPPOINTED. I did NOT want to be an INFJ, and it was amusing to me when I came to forums and learned more about personality theory that this type was coveted, that people would intentionally slant toward INFJs even if they were really INFPs or ISFJs. I always thought INFP sounded much better.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ... My first test was in my teens. My results were INFP. ...
    My first test was infj I think. I was in my early twenties. I remember it because I bragged I was the same type as Gandhi. I think Gandhi is infj in Keirsey's book.

You had the official test though right?

Some tests prefer N over S in wording, some don't. That DDLI (I think that is how it is spelled) seemed okay. And the Lenore Thomson one is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    My first test was infj I think. I was in my early twenties. I remember it because I bragged I was the same type as Gandhi. I think Gandhi is infj in Keirsey's book.

You had the official test though right?

Some tests prefer N over S in wording, some don't. That DDLI (I think that is how it is spelled) seemed okay. And the Lenore Thomson one is okay.
    Yeah, it was official. I've taken another official test since then and it was INFP too. I guess they were nearly 15 years apart. I have a lot of my own anecdotes on how I see myself differently from SPs, but I could do the same with some INFPs. I think it's probably easier to just talk about MBTI in terms of preferences.. best "fit".

MBTI
    ESFx
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's probably easier to just talk about MBTI in terms of preferences.. best "fit".
    Exactly. I'm an ESFX, showing almost pretty equally the qualities of ESFP and ESFJ. I have an ENFJ friend who displays several qualities of the ENTJ. They're all just guidelines and noone is ever going to fit one exactly. However, I do think the distinction between N and S is usually a little more defined.
    A few words of wisdom:

I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.
    - George Carlin

Accept what people offer. Drink their milkshakes. Take their love.
    - Wally Lamb

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.- Buddha

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Oops?
    I guess what I meant was; could you maybe make that intelligible?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

ReflecTcelfeR

I was just thinking about philosophers questioning what Reality actually is, and sense we can never REALLY know that what we're feeling, physically, is real or not the Sensing aspect of perceiving is itself extremely complicated and abstract.

edit. Assuming you believe in such philosophical ideas.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    How can you expect accurate results if the interpretation of the results isn't accurate, when the N side is WAY FAVORED.
    I always thought of sensors as less abstract and creative than Ns, but far more coordinated and physically able. Besides, you can still be an intelligent S; the MBTI doesn't try to limit you to sensing, but it implies that you prefer it (i.e. dominant function).

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I was just thinking about philosophers questioning what Reality actually is, and sense we can never REALLY know that what we're feeling, physically, is real or not...
    The hard problem of consciousness.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I always thought of sensors as less abstract and creative than Ns, but far more coordinated and physically able.
    You thought wrong. You even explained why:
    Besides, you can still be an intelligent S; the MBTI doesn't try to limit you to sensing, but it implies that you prefer it (i.e. dominant function).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't see how I contradicted myself. If I prefer Pepsi, then I am still capable of drinking Coke.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.