• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my parents.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what I suspect:
Father - INFP, enneagram 9
Mother - ENFJ

I believe that the fact that I am INFP is very heavily influenced by my dad. I was a "Daddy's girl", and spent almost all my time with him. I've wondered if, along with that, I picked up loads of Ni and Fe (my function order is Fi Ni Ne Fe) from my mom. My parents being those types would make loads of sense.

Now, I'd like some views from other people.

My father:
-has always been very shy. Is very afraid of public speaking or being in front of an audience.
-is very intelligent.
-is considered by some to be a minor hoarder. From as long as I can remember, he has always had a basement/garage/attic full of things which rarely or ever get used. He also picks things which are still good up from the garbage or second-hand store often.
-is very much anti-war. He is a complete pacifist, and feels violence is never justified.
-has an extreme fear/dislike of conflict. If he feels an argument about to come on, for example, he will just almost put his hands over his ears and say "OKAY OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT".
-is very loyal and dedicated to the people he loves. He will do anything to keep us happy, and may be considered a "servant" by some people.

My mother:
-considers herself extraverted.
-is also very intelligent.
-when she's upset, really wants to talk to people to sort through thoughts and feelings.
-ever since she was a child, has enjoyed making light of things and making people laugh. She says this is how she got people's attention when young.
-even though she always had friends and a social group, she's known she is different.
-needs structure. She strongly prefers schedules. She can and will panic over people being late.
-will fight for the people she loves to not be hurt and be given justice.
-frequently talks about what is wrong with the world.
-finds gossiping petty, shallow, and mean.
-is very emotionally sensitive ("a softie", she says).
-she panics and gets upset over very little things. In fact, if the main flaw which bothers me about my dad could be pinned down to his issue with conflict, the main thing which gets to me about my mom is her sensitivity to the possibility of the people she loves being hurt/troubled.
-loves word puzzles.
-loves reading biographies and true crime stories.
-she always warns me about being pushed around and treated like trash by people, since she has had issues with that all her life.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Father: seems INFP to me, enneagram 9w1

Mother: Definitely an Fe dom, could be ENFJ or ESFJ, enneagram 1w9 probably.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Moonflower
Is there anything you'd like to know to help you determine whether she has more Si or more Ni?

How does she go about collecting information? Does she foresee things through he deep insight and consider the future or focus on fetails and accumulated information? Does she fit under the Guardian temperament more, or the idealist one? Does she use Se or Ne at all? If so, which one would she use more when compared to the other?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is a 2w3 INFP unheard of?

I recently found out that my dad is a 2w3. I'm wondering if 2w3 INFJ could also be a possibility.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is a 2w3 INFP unheard of?

Not at all, I could see that as being fairly common perhaps.

I recently found out that my dad is a 2w3. I'm wondering if 2w3 INFJ could also be a possibility.

Either one could be possible; which functions do you think your father uses? Is he more Fi or Fe? What would you say his weakest function is, Se or Te?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not at all, I could see that as being fairly common perhaps.

Either one could be possible; which functions do you think your father uses? Is he more Fi or Fe? What would you say his weakest function is, Se or Te?

With the way he is towards the need to make others happy, I see Fe.

Now that I think about it, although I always thought of him as INFP to the core, it seems very likely that he could actually be INFJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With the way he is towards the need to make others happy, I see Fe.

That is definitely an indicator of Fe, although are you sure he does so out of preserving group harmony, or his own personal ethic of making people happy?

Now that I think about it, although I always thought of him as INFP to the core, it seems very likely that he could actually be INFJ.

Well the types are fairly similar, both a gentle, kind, caring, mysterious, etc. But in this regard it would be imperative to distinguish between the J and P dichotomy, which judging by funtion theory either means a lack of Extroverted thinking or Extroverted sensing.

INFP's tend to lack good Te use and thus are generally disorganized and don't critically evaluate things to the fullest degree, while INFJ's lack of Se prevents them from living and experincing in the present moment to its fullest.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
your mom sounds more ESFJ to me, unless you have any strong reasons to think Ni.