User Tag List

12 Last

Default Type my parents.

This is what I suspect:
    Father - INFP, enneagram 9
    Mother - ENFJ

I believe that the fact that I am INFP is very heavily influenced by my dad. I was a "Daddy's girl", and spent almost all my time with him. I've wondered if, along with that, I picked up loads of Ni and Fe (my function order is Fi Ni Ne Fe) from my mom. My parents being those types would make loads of sense.

Now, I'd like some views from other people.

My father:
    -has always been very shy. Is very afraid of public speaking or being in front of an audience.
    -is very intelligent.
    -is considered by some to be a minor hoarder. From as long as I can remember, he has always had a basement/garage/attic full of things which rarely or ever get used. He also picks things which are still good up from the garbage or second-hand store often.
    -is very much anti-war. He is a complete pacifist, and feels violence is never justified.
    -has an extreme fear/dislike of conflict. If he feels an argument about to come on, for example, he will just almost put his hands over his ears and say "OKAY OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT".
    -is very loyal and dedicated to the people he loves. He will do anything to keep us happy, and may be considered a "servant" by some people.

My mother:
    -considers herself extraverted.
    -is also very intelligent.
    -when she's upset, really wants to talk to people to sort through thoughts and feelings.
    -ever since she was a child, has enjoyed making light of things and making people laugh. She says this is how she got people's attention when young.
    -even though she always had friends and a social group, she's known she is different.
    -needs structure. She strongly prefers schedules. She can and will panic over people being late.
    -will fight for the people she loves to not be hurt and be given justice.
    -frequently talks about what is wrong with the world.
    -finds gossiping petty, shallow, and mean.
    -is very emotionally sensitive ("a softie", she says).
    -she panics and gets upset over very little things. In fact, if the main flaw which bothers me about my dad could be pinned down to his issue with conflict, the main thing which gets to me about my mom is her sensitivity to the possibility of the people she loves being hurt/troubled.
    -loves word puzzles.
    -loves reading biographies and true crime stories.
    -she always warns me about being pushed around and treated like trash by people, since she has had issues with that all her life.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Father: seems INFP to me, enneagram 9w1

Mother: Definitely an Fe dom, could be ENFJ or ESFJ, enneagram 1w9 probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Mother: Definitely an Fe dom, could be ENFJ or ESFJ, enneagram 1w9 probably.
    Is there anything you'd like to know to help you determine whether she has more Si or more Ni?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Moonflower
    Is there anything you'd like to know to help you determine whether she has more Si or more Ni?
    How does she go about collecting information? Does she foresee things through he deep insight and consider the future or focus on fetails and accumulated information? Does she fit under the Guardian temperament more, or the idealist one? Does she use Se or Ne at all? If so, which one would she use more when compared to the other?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

MOON - Mother

FLWR - Father
    a cat is fine too

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by chachamaru
    MOON - Mother

FLWR - Father
    Teh-heh, you're silly

Is a 2w3 INFP unheard of?

I recently found out that my dad is a 2w3. I'm wondering if 2w3 INFJ could also be a possibility.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Is a 2w3 INFP unheard of?
    Not at all, I could see that as being fairly common perhaps.

I recently found out that my dad is a 2w3. I'm wondering if 2w3 INFJ could also be a possibility.
    Either one could be possible; which functions do you think your father uses? Is he more Fi or Fe? What would you say his weakest function is, Se or Te?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Not at all, I could see that as being fairly common perhaps.

Either one could be possible; which functions do you think your father uses? Is he more Fi or Fe? What would you say his weakest function is, Se or Te?
    With the way he is towards the need to make others happy, I see Fe.

Now that I think about it, although I always thought of him as INFP to the core, it seems very likely that he could actually be INFJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

With the way he is towards the need to make others happy, I see Fe.
    That is definitely an indicator of Fe, although are you sure he does so out of preserving group harmony, or his own personal ethic of making people happy?

Now that I think about it, although I always thought of him as INFP to the core, it seems very likely that he could actually be INFJ.
    Well the types are fairly similar, both a gentle, kind, caring, mysterious, etc. But in this regard it would be imperative to distinguish between the J and P dichotomy, which judging by funtion theory either means a lack of Extroverted thinking or Extroverted sensing.

INFP's tend to lack good Te use and thus are generally disorganized and don't critically evaluate things to the fullest degree, while INFJ's lack of Se prevents them from living and experincing in the present moment to its fullest.