User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTJ or INTP?

MBTI
    INTJ

Default ENTJ or INTP?

Both ENTJ and INTP have their functions in the same order (T N S F), ENTJ being Te Ni Se Fi and INTP Ti Ne Si Fe.

Reading this page though
    The Eight Cognitive Processes Described

I took note of which functions seem to fit my personality best and got
    Te Ni Si Fe. What does that mean? I can relate to both descriptions.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    Both ENTJ and INTP have their functions in the same order (T N S F), ENTJ being Te Ni Se Fi and INTP Ti Ne Si Fe.

Reading this page though

ENTJs and INTPs are very different from each other. As you get more experience telling the subtle differences, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Have you ever taken a Myers-Briggs quiz?

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Reading this page though

Of course you should probably read a few good descriptions/take a few tests in order to verify, but if you prefer Te and Ni the most (in that order), that would probably point to ENTJ. I'm fairly sure that type is mostly indicated by the 2 first cognitive functions- and that there's not necessarily a precise ordering for the remaining 6. I, personally, haven't heard a particularly convincing argument as to how the remaining functions are ordered.

MBTI
    TiSe

If you are locked onto those two and determine your type in simple dichotomies (E/I, S/N…), then I would suggest doing away with test and focus on your interaction style. INTPs belong to the “Behind the Scenes” group which has a theme of:
    The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.
    and ENTJ resonates with the “In Charge” group which:
    The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this style are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Seems more like ENTJ...

MBTI
    ENTP

Reading this page though

Last term I had an INTP chemistry teacher. I remember that my ENTJ friend in that class was a kind of good student who insisted on sitting in the front row, even though most of the class was just a struggle for her to not fall asleep. Then after the class she would vioce her frustration: to her, the teacher was obsessed with wierd models of quantum theory, and was continually overcomplicating what should've been obvious and simple. this person usually strikes me as extremely intelligent. yet it was amazing how much she was struggling with this class.
    -INTPs talk very noticably slower than ENTJS.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Thanks for these. I got ENTJ but only just. The E and the J are only just over the 50% mark by a really small margin. So does that make me eNTj? What happens if you are in the middle?

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks for these. I got ENTJ but only just. The E and the J are only just over the 50% mark by a really small margin. So does that make me eNTj? What happens if you are in the middle?
    It means that you are probably most comfortably ENTJ, but you have some flexibility with 2 of your dimensions. As long as the lack of extreme definition doesn't handicap you, I would think you should enjoy your diversity. It means you're a well-rounded individual.

How old are you?