Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    How old are you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

This is a toughie as ENTJs and INTPs both form part of the others progression. The main differences I've noted between one and the other is that INTPs are much more self centred, mean't in a non accusatory way. It would seem that an INTP must come to decisions via their own route and process everything internally. This can make them quite self referential and that's a difficult habit to break. ENTJs, on the other hand, whilst they do have their own way of doing things (the "right" way apparently) it is much easier to influence their methods when confronted with someone with superior knowledge.

The whole E versus I should give you some clues such as an ENTJ will be more comfortable with people and should be able to execute their ideas within the format of a group where as an INTP will probably only voice how they see the concept and then drag their feet more when it comes to progressing towards the goals. ENTJs also tend to be much more direct with the INTP giving way to over-thinking and pausing where the ENTJ forges ahead with the masterplan.

I've found that with Js there is a noticable difference to Ps too, aside from the whole organised versus laissez faire approach. Js, it would seem, have more stringent rules for the exterior world where as Ps are more concerned with the interior world. An INTP may seem similar to an ENTJ but an INTPs person and personal world will be logical even when their exterior behaviour and practice may not be. ENTJs are quite the reverse of that and may well have illogical reasons for many of their "logical" actions (this of course is dependant upon how you view logic).

In terms of irritation ENTJs tend to become irritated when people act in a disorganised and illogical manner, such behaviour confuses INTPs but is less likely to affect them in such a way unless it intrudes upon their freedoms.

That's another point. An ENTJ are less likely to baulk at being organised (as long as it is done competently) where as an INTP would prefer to be unplanned all of the time.

Hopefully some of that helps.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    That changes things. Bad time to ask IMO.

Look at those things which you enjoy, that may offer some insight.

The reason I say it's a bad time to ask is that my father (okay he's still your senior by quite a few years) is getting more INTP-like in his dotage and I'm ending up adopting his ENTJ strategies in an effort to blend in only to find he's adopting mine!!

Oh and one ENTJ quote which may help you decide..
    "Helping is doing what you are asked"
    Very ENTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

I suspected you were older.
    That's another cause of your lack of extreme differentiation. At your age, you should be less differentiated, and more diverse in your abilities. If you were still extremely defined, there might be something wrong with you. Whenever I test someone over the age of 25, I always have them answer the test questions according to the way they were when they were young - say between the ages of 10 & 20 because by the age of 25, we begin to develop our auxiliary function, and by the age of 40 begin to develop our tertiary function. Once we develop those further, that muddies the water as far as testing goes. No one "changes" their type, they only further develop it, so ultimately, it is helpful to understand how you were as a kid.

Based on that, and on Xander's excellent insight, I would say you are an ENTJ who is doing very well at developing the auxiliary and tertiary dimensions of your type. ENTJ is "who you are" or at least who you started out to be, but now you have branched out, mellowed out, matured, and become more diverse in your skills and thinking. Consequently, you are less and less likely to find profiles that describe you now as accurately as they would have when you were younger.

Even so, here's a couple of sources I highly respect:
    http://www.iusb.edu/~sbcareer/entj.pdf
    ENTJ Personality Types

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Not to argue the toss and such (I'm probably flying against my own better judgement here) but this whole search for a precise definition... it's very... well... INTP. Juss sayin.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Not to argue the toss and such (I'm probably flying against my own better judgement here) but this whole search for a precise definition... it's very... well... INTP. Juss sayin.
    tee-hee
    That's funny.

I didn't really see it as a search for a precise definition.
    He LEADS ENTJ functions and FOLLOWS with INTP functions.
    I thought that's what you said your father is doing.
    I thought your father is an ENTJ. Isn't he?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

tee-hee
    That's funny.

I didn't really see it as a search for a precise definition.
    He LEADS ENTJ functions and FOLLOWS with INTP functions.
    I thought that's what you said your father is doing.
    I thought your father is an ENTJ. Isn't he?
    Correct on both fronts. Interesting... I guess that could present a case for ENTJ but conversely it could be a case for using ENTJ as a front to deal with things. Hell I do sometimes. I think even then ENFP thing is a front...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Correct on both fronts. Interesting... I guess that could present a case for ENTJ but conversely it could be a case for using ENTJ as a front to deal with things. Hell I do sometimes. I think even then ENFP thing is a front...
    Yes, well, he tested ENTJ on both my favorite tests, including the one that you can't fool.

So I say he's just like your pop.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Yes, well, he tested ENTJ on both my favorite tests, including the one that you can't fool.

So I say he's just like your pop.
    Yes Mom

MBTI
    INTP

I took note of which functions seem to fit my personality best and got Te Ni Si Fe.
    I wouldn't think you're an INTP just because you have Si Fe over Se Fi.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.