• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type anecdotes

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
In choosing a preference, I reminisce about numerous anecdotes from my life proceeding from earliest memory to recent events.

In this thread, I may share some of these anecdotes, and I encourage everyone to do the same with their own. In a way we are a type, but the 16 types can be diversified into individuals undergoing or responding to events. I'm enormously interested in the MBTI theory, but even if someone were against the theory, similar events would compose someone's identity.

I'll start:

One day between the ages of 5 to 7, I was playing in a sandbox with neighborhood child. This was a sandbox my father built. We were making roads and towns. The other child made a statement like, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive."

I remember it vividly that I had a strong visceral reaction to this. Whenever a game acquired too many rules, especially if it is imagination, I would loose interest in the game. I just got depressed. I didn't want to play anymore.

Of course, the perceiving nature of my personality is not really in doubt. Nowadays I must exercise my "J", but I do it so that I can have unstructured time later.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
One time I was playing in a sandbox with some kid from my town. We built a city, but for some reason - even though we built perfectly good roads - that asshole was driving the cars through the middle of a field. I tried to tell him, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive." but he just got pissed off and quit playing with me.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
One time I was playing in a sandbox with some kid from my town. We built a city, but for some reason - even though we built perfectly good roads - that asshole was driving the cars through the middle of a field. I tried to tell him, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive." but he just got pissed off and quit playing with me.

Sounds like something an ISTJ would do! Did you live in Louisiana around 1976?

Edit: Also are you serious, or just being a troll?

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I was in a speech class in school, 9th grade maybe, we were supposed to make a square from pieces of paper. We were in groups and it was timed. I assume it was a puzzle but they were blank pieces of paper so you didn't know what side was correct. In an extremely rare show of leadership, I convinced my group that nowhere in the instructions did it say to use ALL the pieces. So, we made a perfect square, leaving out some pieces and brought it to the teacher. The first thing she said was, "You were supposed to use all the pieces. You failed." I explained that it was not specified anywhere and we should win because we creatively solved the problem. She disagreed. I continued to defend my reasoning. She announced to the class that some people were getting emotional over the exercise and we would do a different one. "Some people" were getting emotional?!? That was such an insult to me at the time. I just sat down and lasered her with my eyes. We had a bit of a cold war after that.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
During the second grade, I would pretend to be a pterodactyl. I would soar around the playground flapping my wings slowly.

Some kids were playing a kick-ball game. I soared right on through their game.

The ball hit me in the side of the head. Someone said, "Hey! We are trying to play here!"

I said, "Yaaaarreaaaaaeeeech!", since pterodactyls do not speak human language. They do not feel pain if a ball hits them in the head. The were just lucky I was not hungry that day!

----
I guess much of my contributions will probably be a consideration between whether I'm F or T, since INXP is clear. I'm not sure whether this story is more INFP or more INTP :shrug:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Sounds like something an ISTJ would do! Did you live in Louisiana around 1976?

Edit: Also are you serious, or just being a troll?

Nah, I'm just fucking around because I thought it was funny to parallel your story. Because it does sound like something an ISTJ would do. Don't mind me. Sounds like I'm at least a decade younger than you anyway. ;)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nah, I'm just fucking around because I thought it was funny to parallel your story. Because it does sound like something an ISTJ would do. Don't mind me. Sounds like I'm at least a decade younger than you anyway. ;)

Cool. Thanks for the explanation!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
When I was in the fourth grade, some girls invited me to come and join their group over in the corner of the playground during recess. I went, and when we arrived, they promptly asked me what type of horse I'd like to be. Naturally, I stared blankly because I didn't quite know what was going on. They explained that each girl was pretending to be a type of horse because it was fun and horses were pretty. Well, I watched for a while as these girls galloped like idiots around the field, felt really embarrassed for them, and then I left to go play soccer.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I was one of those girls. At least, I was the one on the edge of the field. I was an Arabian.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Once I tried to participate in a poetry contest. I had one poem I thought was actually genuinely good. Reading it again with MBTI knowledge, it is basically dripping with a Ji function attitude. Anyway, I decided to send it in after much hesitation and guess what, it was too long. They wanted 24 lines or less. So I wrote a new 24 line poem along the theme of fuck your line limitations, how dare you restrict originality, I won't compromise WHO I AM for you, your line restriction is destroying the essence of my being, etc etc. and submitted that. Needless to say, I got a letter that said I hadn't been selected - real shocker. HAHAHA In hindsight I can't believe that was only about 2-3 years ago.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Middle school age. A friend confessed to me she loved to imagine things. I was overjoyed.
"Me too!" I said.
"It's wonderful," she said. "In my imagination I can be everything I want and do all what I want. If I want to get married, I get married. If I want to be a popular singer, I'm a popular singer."
I was severely disappointed. Getting married? Sing?? You could do these in reality too! What's imagination for, if it wasn't for making space travels, fighting evil warlocks and inventing pills which made it possible to breathe underwater?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I was one of those girls. At least, I was the one on the edge of the field. I was an Arabian.

You mean, you were actually one of those girls? Damn you turned out ugly unique looking.

During the second grade, I would pretend to be a pterodactyl. I would soar around the playground flapping my wings slowly.

Some kids were playing a kick-ball game. I soared right on through their game.

The ball hit me in the side of the head. Someone said, "Hey! We are trying to play here!"

I said, "Yaaaarreaaaaaeeeech!", since pterodactyls do not speak human language. They do not feel pain if a ball hits them in the head. The were just lucky I was not hungry that day!

I never could understand the kids that wanted to be the animals. I mean, I wanted to own them or see them or catch them, but I didn't find any pleasure in imagining that I was one. What fun is that? Running around braying or flapping just made me feel dull-headed and silly.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I remember a time when I read a cryptography book at the age of nine. I didn't do much for it, but I was interested in it. I also wrote a detailed account of the positions of the ladder and wind direction whilst we collected mulberries in the afternoon sun on 20th October 2001 in my diary...it had a serious tone to it!

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I never could understand the kids that wanted to be the animals. I mean, I wanted to own them or see them or catch them, but I didn't find any pleasure in imagining that I was one. What fun is that? Running around braying or flapping just made me feel dull-headed and silly.

For me, I had a bit of "Calvin and Hobbs" fantasy worlds. Reality, in many ways, was not all that great, so I escaped. I got into it. Also, if you are pterodactyl, you don't feel any pain. You are free of the pains of ordinary humans. Further, it tickled me pink to weird people out. I just found it really funny. I mean, on a certain level, I knew that I wasn't a pterodactyl and I found it amusing to see people's reactions.

Thus, you have the ego structure of pure reality. In the ego structure of pure fantasy, you can be anything or do anything. There are no limitations! You don't just drive your toy car off road! Heck fire no! You can turn yourself into a flying whale and travel to another planet. You can also turn yourself into Godzilla and destroy the perfect ISTJ city! (Just kidding)