User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Type anecdotes

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Type anecdotes

In choosing a preference, I reminisce about numerous anecdotes from my life proceeding from earliest memory to recent events.

In this thread, I may share some of these anecdotes, and I encourage everyone to do the same with their own. In a way we are a type, but the 16 types can be diversified into individuals undergoing or responding to events. I'm enormously interested in the MBTI theory, but even if someone were against the theory, similar events would compose someone's identity.

I'll start:

One day between the ages of 5 to 7, I was playing in a sandbox with neighborhood child. This was a sandbox my father built. We were making roads and towns. The other child made a statement like, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive."

I remember it vividly that I had a strong visceral reaction to this. Whenever a game acquired too many rules, especially if it is imagination, I would loose interest in the game. I just got depressed. I didn't want to play anymore.

Of course, the perceiving nature of my personality is not really in doubt. Nowadays I must exercise my "J", but I do it so that I can have unstructured time later.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

One time I was playing in a sandbox with some kid from my town. We built a city, but for some reason - even though we built perfectly good roads - that asshole was driving the cars through the middle of a field. I tried to tell him, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive." but he just got pissed off and quit playing with me.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    One time I was playing in a sandbox with some kid from my town. We built a city, but for some reason - even though we built perfectly good roads - that asshole was driving the cars through the middle of a field. I tried to tell him, "No! Cars drive over here. This is where the cars drive." but he just got pissed off and quit playing with me.

Sounds like something an ISTJ would do! Did you live in Louisiana around 1976?

Edit: Also are you serious, or just being a troll?

MBTI
    INTP

I was in a speech class in school, 9th grade maybe, we were supposed to make a square from pieces of paper. We were in groups and it was timed. I assume it was a puzzle but they were blank pieces of paper so you didn't know what side was correct. In an extremely rare show of leadership, I convinced my group that nowhere in the instructions did it say to use ALL the pieces. So, we made a perfect square, leaving out some pieces and brought it to the teacher. The first thing she said was, "You were supposed to use all the pieces. You failed." I explained that it was not specified anywhere and we should win because we creatively solved the problem. She disagreed. I continued to defend my reasoning. She announced to the class that some people were getting emotional over the exercise and we would do a different one. "Some people" were getting emotional?!? That was such an insult to me at the time. I just sat down and lasered her with my eyes. We had a bit of a cold war after that.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

During the second grade, I would pretend to be a pterodactyl. I would soar around the playground flapping my wings slowly.

Some kids were playing a kick-ball game. I soared right on through their game.

The ball hit me in the side of the head. Someone said, "Hey! We are trying to play here!"

I said, "Yaaaarreaaaaaeeeech!", since pterodactyls do not speak human language. They do not feel pain if a ball hits them in the head. The were just lucky I was not hungry that day!

----
    I guess much of my contributions will probably be a consideration between whether I'm F or T, since INXP is clear. I'm not sure whether this story is more INFP or more INTP

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Sounds like something an ISTJ would do! Did you live in Louisiana around 1976?

Edit: Also are you serious, or just being a troll?
    Nah, I'm just fucking around because I thought it was funny to parallel your story. Because it does sound like something an ISTJ would do. Don't mind me. Sounds like I'm at least a decade younger than you anyway.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Nah, I'm just fucking around because I thought it was funny to parallel your story. Because it does sound like something an ISTJ would do. Don't mind me. Sounds like I'm at least a decade younger than you anyway.
    Cool. Thanks for the explanation!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

When I was in the fourth grade, some girls invited me to come and join their group over in the corner of the playground during recess. I went, and when we arrived, they promptly asked me what type of horse I'd like to be. Naturally, I stared blankly because I didn't quite know what was going on. They explained that each girl was pretending to be a type of horse because it was fun and horses were pretty. Well, I watched for a while as these girls galloped like idiots around the field, felt really embarrassed for them, and then I left to go play soccer.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

I was one of those girls. At least, I was the one on the edge of the field. I was an Arabian.

All Natural! All Good!

Once I tried to participate in a poetry contest. I had one poem I thought was actually genuinely good. Reading it again with MBTI knowledge, it is basically dripping with a Ji function attitude. Anyway, I decided to send it in after much hesitation and guess what, it was too long. They wanted 24 lines or less. So I wrote a new 24 line poem along the theme of fuck your line limitations, how dare you restrict originality, I won't compromise WHO I AM for you, your line restriction is destroying the essence of my being, etc etc. and submitted that. Needless to say, I got a letter that said I hadn't been selected - real shocker. HAHAHA In hindsight I can't believe that was only about 2-3 years ago.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.