User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Type anecdotes

MBTI
    ENTP

Middle school age. A friend confessed to me she loved to imagine things. I was overjoyed.
    "Me too!" I said.
    "It's wonderful," she said. "In my imagination I can be everything I want and do all what I want. If I want to get married, I get married. If I want to be a popular singer, I'm a popular singer."
    I was severely disappointed. Getting married? Sing?? You could do these in reality too! What's imagination for, if it wasn't for making space travels, fighting evil warlocks and inventing pills which made it possible to breathe underwater?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    I was one of those girls. At least, I was the one on the edge of the field. I was an Arabian.
    You mean, you were actually one of those girls? Damn you turned out ugly unique looking.

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    During the second grade, I would pretend to be a pterodactyl. I would soar around the playground flapping my wings slowly.

Some kids were playing a kick-ball game. I soared right on through their game.

The ball hit me in the side of the head. Someone said, "Hey! We are trying to play here!"

I said, "Yaaaarreaaaaaeeeech!", since pterodactyls do not speak human language. They do not feel pain if a ball hits them in the head. The were just lucky I was not hungry that day!
    I never could understand the kids that wanted to be the animals. I mean, I wanted to own them or see them or catch them, but I didn't find any pleasure in imagining that I was one. What fun is that? Running around braying or flapping just made me feel dull-headed and silly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

I remember a time when I read a cryptography book at the age of nine. I didn't do much for it, but I was interested in it. I also wrote a detailed account of the positions of the ladder and wind direction whilst we collected mulberries in the afternoon sun on 20th October 2001 in my diary...it had a serious tone to it!
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

I never could understand the kids that wanted to be the animals. I mean, I wanted to own them or see them or catch them, but I didn't find any pleasure in imagining that I was one. What fun is that? Running around braying or flapping just made me feel dull-headed and silly.

For me, I had a bit of "Calvin and Hobbs" fantasy worlds. Reality, in many ways, was not all that great, so I escaped. I got into it. Also, if you are pterodactyl, you don't feel any pain. You are free of the pains of ordinary humans. Further, it tickled me pink to weird people out. I just found it really funny. I mean, on a certain level, I knew that I wasn't a pterodactyl and I found it amusing to see people's reactions.

Thus, you have the ego structure of pure reality. In the ego structure of pure fantasy, you can be anything or do anything. There are no limitations! You don't just drive your toy car off road! Heck fire no! You can turn yourself into a flying whale and travel to another planet. You can also turn yourself into Godzilla and destroy the perfect ISTJ city! (Just kidding)