User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I think that you are neither, from the myriad of threads you've created on the topic, it seems like you are an INFJ, tertiary Ti is why you are creating all of these threads, seeking a logical, consistent validation from us here at TypeC, I would agree with INTP when he wrote this "too much text in this topic to read all, but what you said here about not wanting to be ISFJ because of its description, personally i dont understand why the heck are you talking about this. what you want to be has nothing to do with what you are and some profile doesent define you.. this makes you seem more Fe than Ti" , backs my opinion that you are an INFJ, you are using auxiliary Fe to emotionally appeal your case, and tertiary Ti to seek a logical constant in results, I say good on ya, atleast you're searching for an answer rather diligently, maybe you should interact with other INFJs more? I think that it would help give you some perspective, but yeah I'm just not seeing INTP in you, ISFJ never crossed my mind... at all

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Have you been to INTP Central? Spend a week or two posting there, and you should have a better idea of whether you are INTP. It's like being steeped in INTPness, and you'll either relate (at least somewhat) or know for sure that you can't relate.

Another thought. My roommate is ISFJ, and we get along amazingly well...there are many areas in which we approach things the same way, and she's only J-like about a few things. Not a strong J at all, or just J in ways that don't really affect other people. She's not boring in the slightest, and she's extremely intelligent and has her own opinions about things. She doesn't blindly follow tradition. Before she took the test, she thought she was INFP. She's definitely ISFJ, though.
    I've only lurked a little bit on INTP Central and never bothered to set up an account. I do post on the INTP subform over on Personality Cafe and I very much relate to many of the INTPs over there. I'm also lurking on the ISFJ and INFJ subforums over there as well but its too soon to tell how much I relate/don't relate. I should post in those forums rather than just lurk.

It's nice to know there are non-boring ISFJs out there who think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    I think that you are neither, from the myriad of threads you've created on the topic, it seems like you are an INFJ, tertiary Ti is why you are creating all of these threads, seeking a logical, consistent validation from us here at TypeC, I would agree with INTP when he wrote this "too much text in this topic to read all, but what you said here about not wanting to be ISFJ because of its description, personally i dont understand why the heck are you talking about this. what you want to be has nothing to do with what you are and some profile doesent define you.. this makes you seem more Fe than Ti" , backs my opinion that you are an INFJ, you are using auxiliary Fe to emotionally appeal your case, and tertiary Ti to seek a logical constant in results, I say good on ya, atleast you're searching for an answer rather diligently, maybe you should interact with other INFJs more? I think that it would help give you some perspective, but yeah I'm just not seeing INTP in you, ISFJ never crossed my mind... at all
    Thanks for the feedback. I really should interact with INFJs more. Maybe go to an INFJ forum and see how well I fit in. I guess the largest reason why previously I rejected INFJ as a possibility is that I have trouble seeing dominant Ni in myself. It could be the poorly written descriptions that think its all psychic and new-agey, or that I'm just not seeing myself objectively, or that functions are crap and we really should only focus on the letters.

I know tests don't mean much either but I want to point out that I've only tested as an INFJ a handful of times and ISFJ only once. On the other hand I've tested as INTP dozens of times. I've tried very hard to answer the questions objectively as I truly see myself but maybe I am disillusioning myself.

Here's one more data point. I'm coming to realize that I'm not entirely confident in my thinking ability or level of intelligence even though I consistently score high on intelligence tests and have had numerous people tell me how intelligent I am. I've often looked for reinforcement in this area- I don't think a dominant Ti would do this as much. I remember when growing up, I often challenged myself with various sorts of mental masturbatory activities like brainteasers. I'd feel great if I could solve it as if somehow that was validation for my intelligence and feel lousy at times when I struggled with them.

I'll do a write up on how I fit/don't fit INFJ later.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INtP

Well, my two cents is that it's perfectly okay if you identify with both INTP and ISFJ traits. Most of what you'll read in type descriptions (which *are* better than tests, for the most part) tends to be pretty polarized, in that it describes an accentuated set of traits -- just because you don't identify strongly with every one in the list doesn't mean that a given type isn't still not the best fit for you. Additionally, I know that I'm not always in the majority with this opinion, but in the end, does it really matter what type you're most closely associated with? Nothing wrong with taking from the model what you can and using it as a tool to learn about yourself and others, even if it doesn't fit you to a "T" (haha). This will probably apply even more to you as you get older (like me ).

Also, don't think that because a lot of ISFJ descriptions are "boring" that's a reason to downplay ISFJ's and do the "I don't want to be one" thing. A lot of type descriptions are biased against sensors, particularly SJ's. There are a lot of awesome ISFJ's out there in the world (see: Giggly, etc), so if you're one of them, be proud .

Have you been to INTP Central? Spend a week or two posting there, and you should have a better idea of whether you are INTP. It's like being steeped in INTPness, and you'll either relate (at least somewhat) or know for sure that you can't relate.
    But for God's sake, don't tell them that you're trying to decide if you're an INTP or an ISFJ. There are a lot of nice, cool people on that forum, but there's also a subpopulation that will descend on you like a pack of hungry jackals on a baby gazelle if you so much mention that INTP's and ISFJ's might have something in common .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was about to suggest that myself. I don't think it would take the OP very long posting over there to see that she's a different type, personally...

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    I'm glad that you see IFJ now. Welcome to my side of the argument.

I was hoping more people would start to see her Fe as operating in something other than an inferior role. It just... doesn't make sense, not the way she expresses her preferences and sensitivities, and how she relates or doesn't relate to people. Oh, and all those threads about social image, acknowledgement and such. I really can't see an INTP starting them. At the very least, I think it indicates a J preference.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I was hoping more people would start to see her Fe as operating in something other than an inferior role. It just... doesn't make sense, not the way she expresses her preferences and sensitivities, and how she relates or doesn't relate to people. Oh, and all those threads about social image, acknowledgement and such. I really can't see an INTP starting them. At the very least, I think it indicates a J preference.
    Yeah, this part trips me up, too, as far as INTP-ing goes. It would be highly, highly unusual for an INTP to start so many threads about fitting in or being popular or recognized, or to be bothered by things like someone rating their thread one star. INTPs don't tend to notice or care about that sort of thing. Most figure they'll fit in with whom they fit in with, and screw it if people don't like them. It's not to say INTPs don't have insecure moments, and no one likes to be ignored, but this is a social awareness trend that doesn't strike me as INTP-ish at all. INTPs are more likely to be annoyed by having their ideas ignored, rather than them being ignored as social beings. And the usual response is to move on, rather than call attention to our emotional state, for fear of looking needy. This is part of why I'm having a hard time reading SI as INTP.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

My current hypothesis from the information in this thread is that you are an Intp, just barely NTP enough to qualify for the INTP license but not quite SFJ enough to qualify for the ISFJ license. I think that being balanced between NTP and SFJ is an uncommon pattern at this forum and at INTPc (but perhaps more common at Per.C) so this may be why there is so much confusion and why there might be this sense of not fitting in.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    My current hypothesis from the information in this thread is that you are an Intp, just barely NTP enough to qualify for the INTP license but not quite SFJ enough to qualify for the ISFJ license. I think that being balanced between NTP and SFJ is an uncommon pattern at this forum and at INTPc (but perhaps more common at Per.C) so this may be why there is so much confusion and why there might be this sense of not fitting in.
    that big I needs to come from an introverted function, with INTP it would come from Ti, and high Ti and low other functions would make him big INTP. mbti introversion/extraversion is about orientation of the dominant function, not about if you are a social butterfly or not, so big I with other letters small doesent make any sense with mbti
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, if we are talking strictly functions, SuchIrony is clearly ENxP due to Ne being strongest and Ti, Fi, and Si being balanced at second.

But I don't think those always work.

It is not that SuchIrony is very introverted, but that there is a clear preference there, while the other preferences are barely there. And I'm talking introversion more in the sense of being more inwardly focused, and not at all in the 'social butterfly' sense.

SuchIrony: What is boring anyway? For something so subjective we’d need a standard first, and even the standard would be so subjective that it would become irrelevant once you move out of that context. Besides that, why are the general interests of SJs (all the sensors in fact) so often judged by NP standards (even by non-NPs)? What reasons are there for that being the supreme standard other than N-centrism, overrepresentation of Ns and underrepresentation of Ss, and greater misconceptions about how auxiliary and dominant S functions truly operate?

I really don’t like most ISFJ profiles. I don’t like them so much that I barely even read them (much less reference them). If I could, I would single-handedly rewrite all of them. Please don’t think of them as the Rosetta Stone of SJness. Please also keep in mind that your functions should be measured by role and behavior more than strength. SJ Ne is there (sometimes strongly so), it just performs very differently than from what you would see in NPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah, this part trips me up, too, as far as INTP-ing goes. It would be highly, highly unusual for an INTP to start so many threads about fitting in or being popular or recognized, or to be bothered by things like someone rating their thread one star. INTPs don't tend to notice or care about that sort of thing. Most figure they'll fit in with whom they fit in with, and screw it if people don't like them. It's not to say INTPs don't have insecure moments, and no one likes to be ignored, but this is a social awareness trend that doesn't strike me as INTP-ish at all. INTPs are more likely to be annoyed by having their ideas ignored, rather than them being ignored as social beings. And the usual response is to move on, rather than call attention to our emotional state, for fear of looking needy. This is part of why I'm having a hard time reading SI as INTP.
    I think this is because of the Interaction Style, and the fact that while the Interaction Styles match the ancient four temperaments, there is actually a fifth temperament, and Behind the Scenes (INP) ends up as being either of two possible temperaments.

Most INTP's are the classic Phlegmatic, so its social behavior has become "typical" for the type:
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm

While some, myself included, are the new temperament, Supine, and she has even identified with this already:
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm

This temperament does have a stronger need for social acceptance, and usually has trouble getting enough for their satisfaction. So there will also be a heightened Feeling vibe, and increased sensitivity compared to other INTP's.
    But the actual type is really based on the dom/aux functions moreso than these "traits", and the cognitive preference will still match the others.

Also, even the wanting so much to wear a type I see as possibly a sign of Ti. You want to fit yourself into the category. Types are categories (of people), and Ti wants to fit the ego into the system. This was what I realized was why I struggled so hard to verify my type. A few people said that was Feeling or something, but it really was more impersonal than personal.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas