• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IN?P

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Clover said:
It is really hard for me to grasp the idea that people do not think about their emotional state, even just a little, when they are faced with a task or situation. I would think people might care about how they feel, I had no idea someone would make a decision that could quite possibly make them miserable... I wonder what could drive someone to do such a thing? Essentially, doesn't everyone strive to achieve some form of happiness? Perhaps people go about it in different ways, but that doesn't really mean they don't consider their emotions...

:laugh: I'm not trying to make myself miserable/keep myself miserable- a lot of the time I just have no idea how I feel! I've been struggling with depression and a lot of the time I didn't seek help. I thought that maybe it was a phase, or a lot of the time I just couldn't *see* whether I was depressed. I overly intellectualized it and wasted time thinking: "Maybe the cause is this, maybe I'm failing instead of suceeding instead of suceeding beacuse of this."- I really didn't think that there was an objective way to measure happiness, etc. It wasn't until my therapist gave me a test- with set definitions of "this disorder is characterized by x,y,z" that I began to accept that perhaps I *was* in a bad place emotionally. And it was really difficult to accept that I was unhappy and I needed to do something about until I really saw what it did to my life.