User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type(s) do you think I might be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

4 100.00%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • You show more Fe than you percieve in yourself.

0 0%
  • You are right about Fe deficiency

0 0%
  • Your Ne is too strong to be any type of xxxJ

0 0%
  • You are not yourself and will need to recover first to see your true self.

0 0%
First 12

heart on fire

My feeling is more INFP than other.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    It's highly unlikely you use introverted feeling and introverted intuition.

Which suits you better;

Are you more empathetic, and supportive or are you more clever?
    Are you cleverly supportive?

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Not at all. It's not uncommon to have the shadow of one of our Dom/Aux functions be more developed than, or about as developed as, its primary. Quite a few INFPs and INFJs on INFPgc fall into this pattern, including me. I even know of one INFJ (and I think also one INFP at least) who has all four FN functions very strongly developed.

I used to have my Fi higher than my Fe, until I realised this was strongly linked to my depression, and deliberately started working on reversing that tendency. My Fi is still very high, though.
    Interesting. I have been trying more to understand Fe better, but I think my attempt to better understand it has made me even more self critical than I was oblivious to how poorly I was using Fe. I've visited INFPgc a few times (just as a lurker), and either find I relate very clearly or not at all with those there who show as INFP (probably 50/50 split), but none of the INFPs that regularily post here give me that feeling of I'm very different (somewhat different, but not a lot) than them. With INFJs it feels like its around 20 (relate)/80 (don't relate) split, but the ones I do relate with feels as strong or stronger than my connection to most other INFPs.

Would you mind sharing what did you do to develop better use of Fe?
    (might be better for PM since its slighlty offtopic)

Are you cleverly supportive?
    I don't know. I probably try to be without thinking about it tho. If the first idea that comes to mind is simple and would seem to work well (ie, just offering to listen) thats not very creative, but sometimes creative ideas will pop into my head (about anything, not specifically about beign supportive or anything else) and I'll go with that too in addition to whatever else feels right for the moment, but in general, just listenign and trying to be understanding is how I try to show support in most cases.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I talk about this all the time. Look at what you're most firm in. You're simply not introspecting 'right'. You're flittering. Take a bunch of tests. Find the mean in the dichotomy. For example, for me, I'm strong in T and J. In other words, I've never got F, and only once or twice got anything other than P. The problem for me is E and S. And although I keep getting S, I understand why, and understand what the questions are actually trying to ask me; then I realise I'm answering them wrong.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I talk about this all the time. Look at what you're most firm in. You're simply not introspecting 'right'. You're flittering. Take a bunch of tests. Find the mean in the dichotomy. For example, for me, I'm strong in T and J. In other words, I've never got F, and only once or twice got anything other than P. The problem for me is E and S. And although I keep getting S, I understand why, and understand what the questions are actually trying to ask me; then I realise I'm answering them wrong.
    I've taken lots of tests, and INF are all consistent on those (those I've taken in the last year at least). The J/P axis can flip either way depending on my mood, so eventually i started ignoring those tests and evaluating it purely from self evaluation through looking at the cognitive processes and reading more books. Most of the time I'm fairly certain that I'm INFP based on the Fi/Ne interaction that is clearly visible when I examine my thinking, but I can see enough situations where I could be a confused version of some other type that I'm not willing to completely rule out those possibilities.

Again, to clarify, while self doubt may have been the spark of this post...
    I'm most interested in getting perspective of HOW OTHERS SEE ME and then reconciling that with my own self perceptions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

TenebrousReflection, this is rather simplistic if you have heard it, but there are four types of introverted 'teddybears.' INFPs are warm on the inside and outside. INFJs are warm on the inside and cold on the outside. (INTPs-cold/warm, INTJs cold/cold.) This doesn't ring true for everyone, but if some people see you as rather aloof, you may be an INFJ....
    Last edited by Journey; 03-17-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: because I can't spell

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I see you as INFP based on what you have written about yourself on this forum when talking about how you process/approach things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I voted INFP just because we seem to always question whether or not we are another type. (I am guilty of this on more than one occasion)