User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default ENFP's & INFP's weakest function.

Still trying to establish my I/E preference.

I am hoping that some of you ENFP's and INFP's can dumb this down a bit for me =)

In what ways (exact examples, details, scenarios) of every day life do you see yourself using, or NOT using Si (for enfp's) and Te (for infp's).

I read the description, get a general feel to it.. but I need it explained more concretely.

I think if I can figure out what my weakest function is, I can resolve my dilema.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

When INFP's don't use Te all that often it results in them being disorganized and unable to take proper criticism.

When ENFP's don't use Si all that often it results in them being forgetful and capricious.

OK, my examples suck, but maybe this test will yeild some insightful results?

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Hope that helps

When you are totally stressed do you become neurotic about stacking piles of paper neatly or little spots on the floor? Also do you find you emo-snap-bitchslap people now and then? This would argue for Te-Si vs Si-Te.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

As an INFP, my weakest function is definitely Te, though Si is one of my most used functions.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Thanks Savage Idealist. I have taken the functions test before, and depending on my mood/current interpretation I've scored ENFP, INFP, ENTP, & INTP. Crazy huh!!!

I guess I just have a hard time with the questions because they seem SOO vague, and the answers will vary depending on the circumstances. There are only a few of the questions that I thought.. yes.. i undoubtedly do that ALL the time. The rest of them were like 'in this sitauation yes, in this situation no'.

For instance,

"Feel strongly that something is good or bad?"
    Ya, I feel strongly that murder and rape is bad. Who doesn't? Cheating on your taxes or smoken a doobie from time to time... ? Not soo much...

"Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."
    Who doesn't do this? Pretty sure most humans look for similarities in others and try not to throw a house party on the day their most beloved grandparent died.

"Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once."
    I put a recumbent bike underneath my desk to exercise while working from home, and usually research school stuff online while working. How are they defining comprehensive? I haven't yet found a way yet to take over the world while rolling sushi.

" Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions."
    If I dollar for every friend of mine thats shroomed and had a "profound realization" I'd be rich.

"Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen."
    I don't even understand what is being asked here. Am I destined to marry this guy because he's a capricorn and my last five boyfriends have been capricorns? OR is the fact that my dad spun off a Chicago highway the SAME night my mom had a heart attack a coincidence. If he hadn't of totaled his truck, he would have never been there to take her to ER, and she probably would have died. Hmmmm.

"Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious."
    Well, I don't sport a tramp stamp of some primitive African tribe on my lower back, but I do like dream interpretation and that movie Pi...

"Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort."
    I will sometimes bring a carmel machiatto to my boss every morning for a week before asking him for time off during 'crunch time,' but have refrained from letting him know that he once bought coke from my friends dirt bag brother.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
    Ofcourse not! I freely enjoy doing what I want for others own personal misery.

"Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people."
    Some people are cool, and some are turds. I just assumed that was life.

"Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works."
    I often take my vacuum apart to see whats clogged up in there..,. but I've never pulled a tranny out to see whats-alls involved.

"Trust what emerges from brainstorming."
    Am I brainstorming with some MIT professors, or some psuedo-intellectuals at PETA?

I think you know where I'm going with this. It's just INCREDIBLEY VAGUE. I was hoping to find some real life examples of the functions.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Huxley3112
    Thanks Savage Idealist. I have taken the functions test before, and depending on my mood/current interpretation I've scored ENFP, INFP, ENTP, & INTP. Crazy huh!!!
    Your welcome

Yeah, all Np's use Ne and are crazy, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I just have a hard time with the questions because they seem SOO vague, and the answers will vary depending on the circumstances. There are only a few of the questions that I thought.. yes.. i undoubtedly do that ALL the time. The rest of them were like 'in this sitauation yes, in this situation no'.

For instance,

"Feel strongly that something is good or bad?"
    Ya, I feel strongly that murder and rape is bad. Who doesn't? Cheating on your taxes or smoken a doobie from time to time... ? Not soo much...

"Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."
    Who doesn't do this? Pretty sure most humans look for similarities in others and try not to throw a house party on the day their most beloved grandparent died.

"Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once."
    I put a recumbent bike underneath my desk to exercise while working from home, and usually research school stuff online while working. How are they defining comprehensive? I haven't yet found a way yet to take over the world while rolling sushi.

" Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions."
    If I dollar for every friend of mine thats shroomed and had a "profound realization" I'd be rich.

"Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen."
    I don't even understand what is being asked here. Am I destined to marry this guy because he's a capricorn and my last five boyfriends have been capricorns? OR is the fact that my dad spun off a Chicago highway the SAME night my mom had a heart attack a coincidence. If he hadn't of totaled his truck, he would have never been there to take her to ER, and she probably would have died. Hmmmm.

"Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious."
    Well, I don't sport a tramp stamp of some primitive African tribe on my lower back, but I do like dream interpretation and that movie Pi...

"Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort."
    I will sometimes bring a carmel machiatto to my boss every morning for a week before asking him for time off during 'crunch time,' but have refrained from letting him know that he once bought coke from my friends dirt bag brother.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
    Ofcourse not! I freely enjoy doing what I want for others own personal misery.

"Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people."
    Some people are cool, and some are turds. I just assumed that was life.

"Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works."
    I often take my vacuum apart to see whats clogged up in there..,. but I've never pulled a tranny out to see whats-alls involved.

"Trust what emerges from brainstorming."
    Am I brainstorming with some MIT professors, or some psuedo-intellectuals at PETA?

I think you know where I'm going with this. It's just INCREDIBLEY VAGUE. I was hoping to find some real life examples of the functions.
    Good points to all of those, tests can be way too vague sometimes. As for real life examples, I think Orobas was on the mark with her examples, but I'll try to give my own examples through personal experince: when I get stressed out and turn to Si (which in my case is fairly well developed) I tend to blindly rely on old methods of doing things, or dredging up small yet significant bits of information during arguments. With INFP's, it becomes critical rants concerning peopel's weaknesses or flaws, ad hoc attacks on others and what not.

Also it's important to remember that E's get their enegery from the outer world and social contact, opposite for I's, so where do you get your energy?

If you need any more assistance with your type I'll be more than glad to help.

ENFP.

If anything, for your brand of scenario creation on the cognitive questions. Also, that was a pretty long post. And ENFPs will talk and hash things outloud more, I think.

This is all very scientific. So take my word for it, you're ENFP.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I think that I have a harder time in general with sensing vs thinking. Here are some things I notice..

1) I can work at a company for years and not be able to recall the color of the walls or carpet.
    2) I have had my cat for 3 years (love her dearly) but If I had to recall the pattern of stripes on her back, I couldn't =(
    3) I have almost no ability to recall a conversation verbatum. Its always the general feel/undertone to what happened.
    4) When working on a computer, programs etc.. I NEVER pay attention to the artistic symbol for an icon. Like, you know how it will show you pics of a mailbox, or printer, or whatever.. I NEVER look at that, and base my navigation thru memory of 3 over in this direction, highlight the icon for the words.
    5) I pay little attention to logos and catch phrases. I could go to a store my whole life and never recall their logo. (Isn't that terrible!!!!?)
    I just dont pay attention to most surrounding sensory input. Someone could come in my house and move all my trinkets around and I'd probably NEVER realize it.

Are these Si?

By the same token, I have a pretty good sense of direction. I can remember where certain stores are in the city I live in. Like I KNOW theres a Wallgreens here, here, and here. I am excellent and giving directions, but not taking them.

I am curious if any ENFP's could give me concrete examples of HOW they use Te when they do. I could ask an INTJ, but I'm sure since they use it ALL the time, theres might look a bit different ya know.

If I go to a store, and I know what items I'm gong to get... I will map out in my mind how to go through the store without having to repeat tracks too much. I can also map out streets really well..

You know those questions where it will say something like " You start out going North 2 blocks, turn east 3 blocks, now go west 1 block, and south 3 blocks.. where are you? " I get those really quick. Is this Si? or Te? Or something else.....

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Huxley3112
    I think that I have a harder time in general with sensing vs thinking. Here are some things I notice..

1) I can work at a company for years and not be able to recall the color of the walls or carpet.
    2) I have had my cat for 3 years (love her dearly) but If I had to recall the pattern of stripes on her back, I couldn't =(
    3) I have almost no ability to recall a conversation verbatum. Its always the general feel/undertone to what happened.
    4) When working on a computer, programs etc.. I NEVER pay attention to the artistic symbol for an icon. Like, you know how it will show you pics of a mailbox, or printer, or whatever.. I NEVER look at that, and base my navigation thru memory of 3 over in this direction, highlight the icon for the words.
    5) I pay little attention to logos and catch phrases. I could go to a store my whole life and never recall their logo. (Isn't that terrible!!!!?)
    I just dont pay attention to most surrounding sensory input. Someone could come in my house and move all my trinkets around and I'd probably NEVER realize it.

Are these Si?
    Yes. It would seem that your Si is probably your worst function.

By the same token, I have a pretty good sense of direction. I can remember where certain stores are in the city I live in. Like I KNOW theres a Wallgreens here, here, and here. I am excellent and giving directions, but not taking them.

I am curious if any ENFP's could give me concrete examples of HOW they use Te when they do. I could ask an INTJ, but I'm sure since they use it ALL the time, theres might look a bit different ya know.
    Te all the way.

Well, when I need to use Te, it's usually when I' m arguing about something I need a tool to help me win that argument. The Te hammer bashes other peoples arguments, destroying them based on their weak premises, or notices logical fallacies and attacks them. Or if I need to plan on how to do something in the most effceint way possible Te is there to assist me with rational planning. It's a tert funtion though, since I only use it when needed, and otherwise rely primarily on Ne and Fi.

If I go to a store, and I know what items I'm gong to get... I will map out in my mind how to go through the store without having to repeat tracks too much. I can also map out streets really well..

You know those questions where it will say something like " You start out going North 2 blocks, turn east 3 blocks, now go west 1 block, and south 3 blocks.. where are you? " I get those really quick. Is this Si? or Te? Or something else.....
    Again, more Te.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I should add, that one of my greatest weaknesses is that when I am socialzing, I will get into deep discussions about somethng, telling a story or whatever.. i DO NOT pay attention to my immediate surrounding.. like AT ALL. That waitress that just dropped a plate in the corner, I don't see it. I might hear it and for just a second know what happened, but I dont stop to watch. I dont pay attention to who just entered into the restaraunt, or what song is playing on the speakers. This is specifically while interacting with someone. If I am bored, and observing.. then I will notice all the different things going on.. just cant do it while socializing.