Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I've gotten that impression a few times too, but I think ENFJ looks that way sometimes. Perhaps a shadow or atypical enneagram? I'm guessing ENFJ for now.
    this is true. ENFJs and ESTJs can look a lot alike and often times exhibit the same behaviors and take the same social dynamic in most relationships. I guess it's that "I'm the leader but I still serve the group" sort of vibe

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you are sure you are e6 (which you seem to be) and not so sure of your MBTI type, would you say you identify more with the enneagram? Do you find it more useful?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is just pure intuition, but something about you seems ESTJ to me
    Why so? *never mind* saw your post just now.

ENFP. Fi....and from personal experience, pragmatic about emotions. I'm not sure how to explain this...

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    If you are sure you are e6 (which you seem to be) and not so sure of your MBTI type, would you say you identify more with the enneagram? Do you find it more useful?
    While no MBTI profile description seems to quite describe me entirely (ENFJ when I am healthy, is the closest)
    6w5 is me right to the core.
    I would also say Enneagram is more helpful not only with myself.. but for grokking others as well.
    Surface behavior can be deceptive, controlled and can have a completely different origin and yet look exactly the same.
    Is bravado born out of insecurity, different looking on the surface, than bravado born out of over confidence?
    They look very similar, but come from the opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is why MBTI confusion is somewhat more common.
    Behavior is deceptive without knowing what motivates it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    While no MBTI profile description seems to quite describe me entirely (ENFJ when I am healthy, is the closest)
    6w5 is me right to the core.
    I would also say Enneagram is more helpful not only with myself.. but for grokking others as well.
    Surface behavior can be deceptive, controlled and can have a completely different origin and yet look exactly the same.
    Is bravado born out of insecurity, different looking on the surface, than bravado born out of over confidence?
    They look very similar, but come from the opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is why MBTI confusion is somewhat more common.
    Behavior is deceptive without knowing what motivates it.
    I think Enneagram is confusion is more common. perhaps MBTI is more confusing to you because you are more cognitively balanced while Enneagram is more confusing to me because I'm more spiritually balanced.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think Enneagram is confusion is more common. perhaps MBTI is more confusing to you because you are more cognitively balanced while Enneagram is more confusing to me because I'm more spiritually balanced.
    This is entirely possible.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Overall, ENFJ seems like a good match, although elements of the ENFP description such as the strong focus on relationships seem to fit you as well. I have also seen glimpses of ESTP and ENTP in you at times. You like to write poems like INFPs, you have a practical thinking side like the ISTPs, and your writings sometimes remind me very much of male INFJs. You seem to be strong in cognitive functions that are all over the place in terms of trying to match them to specific types (Ne, Ni, Fe, and Fi). Therefore, I christen you, Oh Arclight, a chameleon, xxxx, the God type.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

^^^ Fe and Ni, a chameleon do make..
    ENFJs are known as mimics to a degree.
    They are known to emulate those they respect and admire.

Very nice words I.M.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I guess it's that "I'm the leader but I still serve the group" sort of vibe
    I missed this post..

This is something..

I never claim to be a leader.. I do not want to be a leader.
    I am happy being part of the group, or on equal footing in 1 on 1 situations.

Other people christen me the "leader".
    Even if I am not the "boss" at work.. I just become the leader..
    This is nothing I do consciously.
    It happens because I engage people, and lead by example.
    If I say something.. I do it.
    If I say work hard, to you.. I then work harder.
    As people get to know me.. They all say the same thing.. " The advice you gave me was spot on"
    I do not ask for this..
    And have underachieved my whole life.. because I don't want the responsibility.

I am a mentor.. Not a leader.. and I always want to serve others.. It's my nature.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I missed this post..

This is something..

I never claim to be a leader.. I do not want to be a leader.
    I am happy being part of the group, or on equal footing in 1 on 1 situations.

Other people christen me the "leader".
    Even if I am not the "boss" at work.. I just become the leader..
    This is nothing I do consciously.
    It happens because I engage people, and lead by example.
    If I say something.. I do it.
    If I say work hard, to you.. I then work harder.
    As people get to know me.. They all say the same thing.. " The advice you gave me was spot on"
    I do not ask for this..
    And have underachieved my whole life.. because I don't want the responsibility.

I am a mentor.. Not a leader.. and I always want to serve others.. It's my nature.
    NFs don't lead the same what that a TJ would. we're more like guides than leaders in the hierarchal sense (this is just a theory, but I think NFs as a whole despise hierarchy the most of all the types). ENFJs and ENFPs tend to fall into leadership positions for a number of reasons
    1) good at motivating people
    2) if someone has a personal problem that's bothering them, we can usually help them very quickly
    3) we don't tend to be bossy or controlling, but we still tend to be confident. this combination makes people more likely to do what you want them to
    4) NFs don't like to micromanage. we have a more "go gett'em tiger" approach
    5) even in situations where we know absolutely nothing, an ENFP or ENFJ who's filled in on the situation can almost always contribute something toward solving the problem
    6) I can't speak for ENFJs, but I know ENFPs usually have a very hard time taking orders