• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type This Character, Please

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I'm working on this character for a story, and I can't quite pinpoint his type. Type plus enneagram ideas would be highly appreciated, thnks :)

Here's a list of triats concerning him:

- He's a mild mannered, quiet, and passive individual who often doesn't stand up for himself.

-He possesses an inner deep-seeded hatred and contempt for many things in life, including people, laws, society, etc.

-He dreams of verbally and sometimes physically conquering those he hates or those who have committed wrong.

-He secretly knows that he has the potential for greatness that no other person has.

-His daydreams are often violent in nature; including fights with evil people, elaborate escapes from capture, and being attacked by wild animals.

-He feels stuck inside himself; underneath his nice exterior is a beast, yearning for freedom.

-He wants recognition as a god who brought greatness and prosperity to humanity, nature, and the earth.

-He has a love/hate relation with many aspects of life.

-He plans on one day adopting orphaned infants and brainwashing them to be highly moral/super humans.

-With his super individuals he will bring greatness to the earth and be remembered a god.

-Or he might manipulate such a god by proxy from the shadows.

-His seething inner anger makes him about to snap and lash out against those who wrong him or are evil, but he restrains himself from such violent actions and maintains control.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A timid INTJ with hubris?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INxJ...probably more F.

Enneagram? Uhmm... 1w9...seems 1ish though.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright so definitely an INxJ. Any reasons as to why you guys think he's F or T?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Reason why I think more F: Why would an INTJ want to do this? -He plans on one day adopting orphaned infants and brainwashing them to be highly moral/super humans.

Care a lot more about values and morals than anything else.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by tawanda
Reason why I think more F: Why would an INTJ want to do this? -He plans on one day adopting orphaned infants and brainwashing them to be highly moral/super humans.

Care a lot more about values and morals than anything else.

I was thinking it might be more of a twisted Fi or something, but I could see Fe being like this as well.

Originally posted by Beargryllz
I would fight him

How come?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ixxx:
- repressed

IxFx:
- doesn't stand up for himself
- turns self-loathing into delusions ("he's only helping people")

xxFx:
- deep hatred

Last edited:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just thought there was a lot of Fi in him, so I figured INTJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright so most likely types are: INFJ, INTJ, and I'm thinking maybe INFP?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ... the eventual plan sounds like a Ni vision, the idea about brainwashing a bunch of people is usage of Fe, manipulating someone by proxy sounds like evil Fe, he restrains himself even when he's upset which sounds pretty Fe/J too, even in Ixxxs Fi tends to lash out when insulted. INFPs also sounds more unsure of themselves than this guy does.

enneagram sounds 1w9, though i am by no means an expert lol

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by skylights
INFJ... the eventual plan sounds like a Ni vision, the idea about brainwashing a bunch of people is usage of Fe, manipulating someone by proxy sounds like evil Fe, he restrains himself even when he's upset which sounds pretty Fe/J too, even in Ixxxs Fi tends to lash out when insulted. INFPs also sounds more unsure of themselves than this guy does.

Sounds about right, alright INFJ he is then :)

enneagram sounds 1w9, though i am by no means an expert lol

Niether an I, but I think 1w9 is definitely the best fit :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is going to seem like an improbably combination, but when you put them together, it works. INFP 8w7 sx/sp or sp/sx. he has the 8 desire of control, power and conquest coupled with the burning flame of justice that is Fi.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Except for the God part and the high ambition, you described something very close to me. I would likely want to do something close to that, if I had a lot of power and ambition.

INFJ. A little crazy, and more driven than normal, but INFJ. Maybe 9w8?

So I'm working on this character for a story, and I can't quite pinpoint his type. Type plus enneagram ideas would be highly appreciated, thnks :)

Here's a list of triats concerning him:

- He's a mild mannered, quiet, and passive individual who often doesn't stand up for himself.

-He possesses an inner deep-seeded hatred and contempt for many things in life, including people, laws, society, etc.

-He dreams of verbally and sometimes physically conquering those he hates or those who have committed wrong.

-He secretly knows that he has the potential for greatness that no other person has.

-His daydreams are often violent in nature; including fights with evil people, elaborate escapes from capture, and being attacked by wild animals.

-He feels stuck inside himself; underneath his nice exterior is a beast, yearning for freedom.

-He wants recognition as a god who brought greatness and prosperity to humanity, nature, and the earth.

-He has a love/hate relation with many aspects of life.

-He plans on one day adopting orphaned infants and brainwashing them to be highly moral/super humans.

-With his super individuals he will bring greatness to the earth and be remembered a god.

-Or he might manipulate such a god by proxy from the shadows.

-His seething inner anger makes him about to snap and lash out against those who wrong him or are evil, but he restrains himself from such violent actions and maintains control.

I experience all of the bolded. Are you sure you didn't base your character on me, just picturing me a little further over the edge?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright then, I'm thinking it's definitely an INFx enneagram 9 or 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9s basic motivation is peace and harmony, that is pretty much the opposite of this character. I'm sticking with 8w9,

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
9s basic motivation is peace and harmony, that is pretty much the opposite of this character. I'm sticking with 8w9,

:yes: very true enneagram 9 certainly isn't a possibility, but what about 9w1? I mean if he's a wing 8 wouldn't he have an easier time standing up for himself?

Originally posted by Beargryllz
Because he requires conflict, apparently.

That's certainly true, he knows that sometimes there are negative conflicts at times, and as much as he hates them, he sorta almost enjoys there mere existence of them as well.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, i was thinking 8 too, or 9w8, but the reason i erred to the side of 1w9 was because all gut types (8-9-1) struggle with anger - 8's being too expressed, 9's too repressed, and 1's too inflicted upon the self - but because his main motive seems to be a focus on good/evil, even though he restrains himself from acting for the sake of harmony (w9). though perhaps that would be 9w1 instead, if he mainly acts as a 9 but has 1 inclinations.

my point being, either way, despite his physicality, it seems like the power he wants is less the controlling power of the 8 and more the righteous power of the 1.