• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Luna's Type?

Type?

• Obvious INTP is obvious

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Probably INTP

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • ENTP

• ISTP

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ENFP

• Something else...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP makes more sense than INFJ to me, for Lync.

It is nice to help out this new person but I should point out that cupcakes only apply to those who help type me, though very reluctantly to those who just say I'm not a T without saying why.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is getting confusing, so I'll repost this...

Lately I have been considering the possibility of being an ENTP in an Introvert suit. Perhaps that could explain why I could be in the spotlight, and why I try to get more attention/input by offering cupcakes. I find that what people on here consider "talking Ti" on here is stuff that is really long and detailed, and that I don't know nearly enough about to respond. And then when I actually take the effort to read the walls of text and come up with a simple, concise response... it's like I'm speaking another language than they are. Though according to most the descriptions, what I am doing with the constantly trying to get to a definition and simply things to the most concise is the very essence of Ti. But it's like I'm a lot more 'simple' in my approach compared to the INTPs here or something. I'm not sure.

So then I find myself communicating with Ne a lot (if you want further proof of this, catch the rare moments when I talk on Vent). I get pretty comfortable once I can get to the point of communicating with people by jumping from one related idea to another... talking about what the possibilities hold. And I've noticed that I am pretty crazy about the ideapossibility-linking thing. But I am still pretty inward-focused. I don't think I quite have that extraverted energy. But maybe that's just because I'm not good at talking to people, and have rarely been able to talk about ideas that I like IRL. So maybe I'm not a real introvert. Maybe I'm really an Ne-dom who looks like one.

There's no votes for ENTP or ENFP, so if I am in an introvert disguise, it must be a good one.

Any thoughts on this?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there a test that goes with this?

From the descriptions, I can only tell that I am some combination of Choleric, Melancholic, or Phlegmatic (probably not dominated by choleric). None of them really stand out as me.

The new batch of cupcakes is on the 5th page btw. There are still some left, as I am not allowed to eat the cupcakes for my own postings.
Oh; I missed your response. All I saw were the cupcakes!:drool:

Since you mention Phlegmatic and Choleric, then the Phlegmatic part (assuming it was Inclusion) would suggest INTP. If you were ENTP, you would be Sanguine-Choleric (and also, as I think I mentioned, 7w8).
So no, I don't think ENTP. (and it has no votes so far, as well).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Things I have learned so far:
Voting consensus is INxP or ‘something else’

Posting consensus is some sort of intuitive.

I do have some S tendencies, but my head is in space too often to be ISTP.

Studies have shown that sometimes I give the impression of being J at first, but that impression fades fast.

I probably use words like ‘probably’ way too much to be any J-type.

I considered INFJ as a possibility for a short time, as I know there is an INTP/INFJ mix-up sometimes. But my Ni and Fe are so terrible that I didn’t even take it seriously enough to put on the poll. I can’t even get aha! moments.

I appear more INFP to people than I anticipated.

Some of this might actually be due to a strong feeling side that I do not fully see.

While looking superficially, my Ti and Fi seem pretty close, due to the stuff about identity and doing what I want.

Under closer inspection, in the Fi vs. Ti thread in particular, I highly doubt that I lead with Fi. My ultimate goal is to find out what is objectively true, not just what is true for me. Getting toward objective truth is just a lot trickier… perhaps I’ll settle for logically consistent.

Here’s the part where I attempt to seriously address the possibility of being ENTP:
Yes, I see that there were no votes for ENxP in the poll, but it was at least touched on in the thread.

I took this test again, this time being careful that I understood what was being asked of each thing.
introverted Thinking (Ti) (43.9)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (42.8)
introverted Feeling (Fi) (35.4)
extraverted Thinking (Te) (33.8)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (25.5)
introverted Sensing (Si) (23.4)
extraverted Sensing (Se) (19.5)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (16.1)

So, it’s the same exact pattern as the one I took at the beginning, but there are two curious trends:
When I am ‘careful’ with the test, the Fe is still last but it’s not ‘unused.’
There is usually only a 1-2 point difference between Ne and Ti. That is not enough to deny possible Ne-dominance.

The only key part I see where I don’t fit the INTP description is the part about an unwillingness to explain things in an understandable way. I both love to be able to share ideas and like to be able to sum them up simply and concisely. This type of thing is often associated with ENTPs.

The key part where I don’t fit the ENTP description is regarding a quickness and fluency with conversations. I’m afraid this will always elude me. But I’m not sure how much of this is a true matter of preference rather than a non-type related inability. I have a limited understanding of how to talk to people that has been attributed to possibly being slightly autistic, and a very slow processing style and low energy that is typical of some sorts of ADD. I don’t know at which point these things blend into my personality, and at which point they are actually inhibit key parts of my personality from showing.

My older sister, who has a basic understanding of MBTI, has joked that I am an extravert, but only in my head.
Reportedly, the impressions that I give other people range from “definite introvert” to “possibly a very shy, awkward extravert.”

As far as the ‘getting energy from the outside or from people’ thing, I usually don’t know how to answer this because one moment I could be getting energized and the other moment I’m totally drained. I can get energized from people in the rare moments that I can discuss something that I am interested in. But watching people talking about other people and a bunch of other stuff I don’t understand, is very draining. Getting out of the house to the world of stimulations energizes and tires me out at the same time. I probably seem very much in my head still.

I have tested as introverted on every test I have taken, except for one that was supposedly a situational test. On that one I tested ENTP.

So… possible socially weird ENTP? Or genuine introvert? Sure, I’m the one who is deciding but I would like to hear some other thoughts on this pressing matter.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also just took that other temperament test that is around now.

Choleric: 12
Phlegmatic: 11
Melancholy: 11
Sanguine: 6

I don't know why I am scoring highest on choleric. I'm not very take-chargeish most of the time. It seems that choleric is associated with extraverts, but sanguine is also associated as such and I scored somewhat low there. I'm pretty friendly and bubbly sometimes but not (people) relationship-focused.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
hmmm, as you know im stuck on a similar point,lol... I do not know, but I definitely see the potential to be an E in there, it could be... or you could be an introvert that at times enjoys dancing a bit on the extrovert side, a lot of people like to live dangerously ;) hehehe...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Choleric would match NT. Now, this is not social skills (which is what we normally think of with the Galen temperaments, so you might not identify with the temperament much), but rather leadership skills, and having just taken this test myself, I recognized the questions that would pertain to Choleric leadership skills, and it pretty much does fit NT behaviors.

As for Fi, the cognitive process test I believe overgeneralizes "identity" and stuff like that with Fi. All people of all types want an identity, have values, etc.
For a Ti type, Fi is the right brain ("P") alternative, and often comes out strong. So your results do seem pretty typical INTP.

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Have you looked at Enneagram typing - the taxonomy not the New Agey metaphysics. Most INTP MBTI profiles describe type 5 behaviors. You seem more nine-ish. In fact, the cupcake thing smacks of INFP (they like sugary treats :newwink:)

Oh, no wonder nobody is reading this anymore... I forgot that the cupcakes ran out!

cutecupcakes.jpg
is the white on blue a kitty or a bunny? I want one of those

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken the tests about 100 times over the past 3 years.

about 92% of the time I test as INTP

about 6% of the time I test as INTJ

and about 2% of the time I test as something else.

I vote INTP. This smells like Ti precision!

Get it? Teen spirit... Ti prec--

Get it? :laugh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I vote INTP. This smells like Ti precision!

Get it? Teen spirit... Ti prec--

Get it? :laugh:

LOL.

But really, it doesn't seem very precise at all. I don't think she knows the exact number of times she's taken the test, and probably didn't calculate exact percentages.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL.

But really, it doesn't seem very precise at all. I don't think she knows the exact number of times she's taken the test, and probably didn't calculate exact percentages.

I didn't say she was accurate, but she was aiming for precision in her presentation wasn't she?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't say she was accurate, but she was aiming for precision in her presentation wasn't she?

She just strikes me as far less precise in essence compared to most INTPs, even though she tries to look precise in presentation. That leads me to believe that perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.

I suppose she could be an INTP, but she would be very different from most INTPs I know.

She confuses me... I don't know whether she's an INTJ, an ISFP, an INFP, or something else.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you looked at Enneagram typing - the taxonomy not the New Agey metaphysics. Most INTP MBTI profiles describe type 5 behaviors. You seem more nine-ish. In fact, the cupcake thing smacks of INFP (they like sugary treats :newwink:)
A lot of INTP's come out as 9's. It goes along with the INP part.

Anyone can like sugary sweets.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more nine-ish. In fact, the cupcake thing smacks of INFP (they like sugary treats :newwink:)

Nah, I do not relate much to the 9 description and I test very low on 9. My current position is that I am 5w4 with a very strong 4 wing.

And yes, most INFPs like cupcakes and sugary treats, but most of the rest of us also do. It would be weird to find someone who doesn't like a good cupcake.

True. As I said, it was about 100 times that I've taken the test over the last 3 years. This isn't an exaggeration. As it has been so many times over so many years, my memory isn't going to be that precise. I do think it was somewhere around 8 times where I haven't tested as INTP (about 5 times INTJ, one time ENTP, one time INFP, and one time ISFP.)

She just strikes me as far less precise in essence compared to most INTPs, even though she tries to look precise in presentation. That leads me to believe that perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.

What do you mean by "less precise in essence"?

I suppose she could be an INTP, but she would be very different from most INTPs I know.
She confuses me... I don't know whether she's an INTJ, an ISFP, an INFP, or something else

Maybe I am just different, not just different from known INTPs. But then we are all different, so I shouldn't be this tricky. It is a bit confusing.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
True. As I said, it was about 100 times that I've taken the test over the last 3 years. This isn't an exaggeration. As it has been so many times over so many years, my memory isn't going to be that precise. I do think it was somewhere around 8 times where I haven't tested as INTP (about 5 times INTJ, one time ENTP, one time INFP, and one time ISFP.)

It just doesn't seem to me like a very Ti thing to do, to use made-up numbers and percentages to express the fact that you've consistently tested as INTP, excepting a few aberrations. I can understand that perhaps you wanted to paint a mental picture in our minds of how you've tested as INTP most of the time, and about how often you've tested as other types. Come to think of it, an INTP would be less interested in the results of a number of tests anyway, and more interested in the logic behind them.

What do you mean by "less precise in essence"?

Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language.

Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.

Maybe I am just different, not just different from known INTPs. But then we are all different, so I shouldn't be this tricky. It is a bit confusing.

Yes... my hunch at this point would actually be on INTJ with unexpressed Te. The fact that you don't express your Te as strongly or directly as normal could be why it keeps coming up as Ti, and account for your lack of organizational skills usually associated with Js.

I thought INFP at first, especially since you seemed so sure of INxP, but after thinking about it for a while... I remembered that INTJs who are depressed or have underdeveloped/unexpressed Te can "vibe" as INFPs at first, due to Ni-Fi. The thing that keeps throwing me off of that, is that I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned anything about identifying with Ni at all. But then again, it's not often described in a way that NJs tend to easily see within themselves. So I'm not sure. Maybe I just over-analyzed.

Certain Enneagram types, if you believe in that, could be weakening your J enough that you seem more P, if by some chance you're not a P.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll write a longer response later, for now I'll just say that estimations and making up numbers are not the same thing... I thought that "consistently tested as INTP" wasn't quite precise enough ;)
But you make some interesting points.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll write a longer response later, for now I'll just say that estimations and making up numbers are not the same thing... I thought that "consistently tested as INTP" wasn't quite precise enough ;)
But you make some interesting points.

Okay.... I guess my point was that it wasn't the same KIND of precision. It seems to me that INTPs would be more questioning of the logic behind the test, not trying to give you a precise idea of how many times they'd taken the tests and how their test scores as each type stood statistically.

Although, I admit that when I was typing myself, I DID list off all the types I'd ever tested as. I just didn't mention how many times I'd tested as each one, because I didn't believe that that was relevant to how accurate each result was likely to be, especially after I understood the dynamics behind the test and could influence it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It just doesn't seem to me like a very Ti thing to do, to use made-up numbers and percentages to express the fact that you've consistently tested as INTP, excepting a few aberrations. I can understand that perhaps you wanted to paint a mental picture in our minds of how you've tested as INTP most of the time, and about how often you've tested as other types. Come to think of it, an INTP would be less interested in the results of a number of tests anyway, and more interested in the logic behind them.

Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language.

Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.
Isn't this sort of what you were criticizing as "behaviorist", and like how the cognitive process test defines the functions?

People with a particular functional perspective might tend to behave some way like that, but there might be some reason why they might not, at least on the surface.
I looked a lot of the results of different tests for me, and at the time it may have looked like I was more interested in "playing with the theories" than the logic behind them, but ultimately, the latter is what I was interested in. I just had to sort through a lot of data, some of it conflicting, and some of this stuff is very confusing.

I think the procedure for TiNe in cases like this is to try on something (a theory, type, etc), and then try to build a case for it with as much evidence as possible. (I have seen descriptions for INTP, or at least Ti like this somewhere). This is still rather tentative, and a lot of data will be tossed around and sorted through.
It's not until the thing tried on is determined to be the most valid that we will, having made it our own, then work on precise explanations of it.
We can use symbolic pictures as well, but it won't be as deep or persistent as an Ni dom.

The T can make the type blunt at times, but it is still not directive like an ST or NJ, and from what I see, Luna doesn't seem to be directive.
(While this is behavioral, it is still looking at it from a particular behavioral angle, which the functions aren't directly).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nothing derogatory, I assure you. You communicate very well, better than an INTP in some ways. It's just that you tend to be a bit more vague and blunt in the way you use language. Your communication style is very to-the-point, and you don't really qualify or hedge your statements as much as an INTP would. Your communication is clear, and it's obvious what you're talking about, but it's less precise. It's almost like you draw a symbolic picture in my mind with your words, rather than trying to construct a precise thing with your words.

That is odd; I do not intend to be vague or symbolic. I intend to be clear and accurate. I think that often times stating things simply is more clear and just as precise as adding a bunch of other semi-relevant stuff for support.

I’ve probably already mentioned this before, but my communication is probably peculiar for this forum because I am very slow at processing information and know very little about anything in comparison to the other members.

I thought INFP at first, especially since you seemed so sure of INxP, but after thinking about it for a while... I remembered that INTJs who are depressed or have underdeveloped/unexpressed Te can "vibe" as INFPs at first, due to Ni-Fi. The thing that keeps throwing me off of that, is that I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned anything about identifying with Ni at all. But then again, it's not often described in a way that NJs tend to easily see within themselves. So I'm not sure. Maybe I just over-analyzed.

I have also thought of INTJ, since I have been close on the J/P and have decent Te. The non-identification with Ni throws me off too. I do not get any sort of ‘sudden insights’ whatsoever, though perhaps I could blame that on the processing problems rather than typological preference. Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni, but any of the questions that mention things like ‘mystical’ and ‘symbolic’ are not my style of intuition at all.

Okay.... I guess my point was that it wasn't the same KIND of precision. It seems to me that INTPs would be more questioning of the logic behind the test, not trying to give you a precise idea of how many times they'd taken the tests and how their test scores as each type stood statistically.

Yeah, the percentages are probably more of a Luna thing than a Ti thing. I am very interested in statistics and by taking a statistics class right now, this type of thing has only become worse =P

I am interested in finding the logic behind the tests, it’s just that so far the only logic I see is “I answer a bunch of questions about me, and the test responds by spitting those back at me in a more concise format.” The problem is, the questions are sometimes pretty silly things that I pretty much guess at anyway because I don’t have a preference for either. I don't understand why the questions do this. This is why such a huge amount of tests is needed for me to see the real trend of my preferences.